Odd stat about this season's SPFL table

Assuming they win on Saturday, if we win by 4 goals we will have the same goal difference as they do points.

Once again the team in 7th have more points than the team in 6th.
The problem here is the SPFL. Technically the "split" is exactly that in that it splits one league into 2. So, what they should have done is give the now split league slightly differing names like A & B. Then, we have positions 1-6 in each league.
I have no idea why they haven't done that as every season we get the same stuff about this.

A Better Stat (from Whatsapp)

If Rangers stopped playing matches on the 13th February we would still have won the title on Goal Difference - Unless Celtic win 13-0 at the weekend.
Love this, been waiting till the end of the season to find out which goal actually won us the league. If the above happens it’s Ryan Jacks volley vs Killie.
What a way to win it!

If Rangers stopped playing matches on the 13th February we would still have won the title on Goal Difference - Unless Celtic win 13-0 at the weekend.
Not to be pedantic but what losing margin would we have had in our games and how would that affected our goal difference?

We also took 4 points off the mhutants so that would affect it too.

There was a guy who was adamant if we were cocky on here, or spoke about the game after the next game it would affect the outcome of the match. I was predicting 6 and 7 nil wins on here just to taunt the gods of bad juju!
there's a ton of FF posters that believe a thread on FF can 'jinx' a match. They'll be back.

I got sent this yesterday but it doesn't make sense because we still had to play them twice after the 13th feb

Fùck off :)) :shh: :shh: :shh:
Here’s one that’ll get him even more pedantic;

If both our keepers had sat up deckchairs in the goal for every league match, we’d currently be 2nd with a goal difference of +8 and a points tally of 65 off of W20 D5 L12.

Here’s one that’ll get him even more pedantic;

If both our keepers had sat up deckchairs in the goal for every league match, we’d currently be 2nd with a goal difference of +8 and a points tally of 65 off of W20 D5 L12.
Have you allowed for shots straight at the deckchairs? I'm sure Jon and Greegsy would have save a few of those:))

If we can win by three or more on Saturday, only the Top 3 in the League will have a positive goal difference.
Yeah, I think you can almost gauge the strength of a league by the amount of clubs with positive goal difference.

I looked at the Top leagues in Europe last week and it's usually about 7-10 teams that have positive goal differences.

Why keep on with this pish. The team in 7th don‘t have more points than the team in 6th because the league split maked it irrelevant

With the new UEFA conference and Scotland being so high up the nation coefficient table, finishing 5th and 6th will mean something soon enough. The split becomes harder to justify.

Once again the team in 7th have more points than the team in 6th.

Is that not the whole point of the split

The team in 7th played 5 games against lower ranked teams whereas the team in 6th played 5 games against higher ranked teams, it is always likely to happen and the reason why its split into 2 tables if you look at live score

Back