Odds for Rangers v Benfica

I’m not, would expect us to be favourites at home against most teams. Then again, I’m a profound optimist :))

Odds look short for us, I'd expected just under 2/1 but with Nunez out for them I think we will win 2-1

Definitely?
Still think the bookies are being generous with their odds.

I'd take a low score draw. Win the remaining 2 games we win the group.
Yeah, he's definitely out for Thursday due to Covid. I'd be happy enough with a draw knowing we should beat Liege

I’m not surprised. We’re at home, have practically everyone fully fit and in fantastic form.

The same can’t be said about benfica and they are missing a few players due to injury, suspension and covid.

We ofcourse shouldn’t underestimate them. But it certainly wouldn’t be a surprise if we win the match!

I will no doubt end up backing us as part of some like but not sure there is much value there.

Agreed

Definitely short.

If I was a neutral I would think there was some value in Benfica at 21/10.
I defeat in 18 home games in Europe under Gerrard. Playing the best football domestically and in Europe for a long time and only 1 goal conceded at home this season. That’s the reason we are the price we are and it’s merited.

We’ll win on Thursday and qualify. Benfica are a decent team but they aren’t much better than the Porto team we beat last season especially without Nunez.

Difficult call. If this game is as open as the first game then goals scored could be the best option for punters.

The most vital game we have left is the home game against Standard. Win that and we qualify from the section.

Whoever wins on Thursday almost certainly wins the group.

The loser is still highly likely to qualify in second place.

Therefore I can see an open game with both teams to score.

3-2 Rangers.

Difficult call. If this game is as open as the first game then goals scored could be the best option for punters.

The most vital game we have left is the home game against Standard. Win that and we qualify from the section.
Standaaaaaard you mean?

I’m not surprised. We’re at home, have practically everyone fully fit and in fantastic form.

The same can’t be said about benfica and they are missing a few players due to injury, suspension and covid.

We ofcourse shouldn’t underestimate them. But it certainly wouldn’t be a surprise if we win the match!

Agree with this. Normally it would be better value on us winning but our form is excellent, their form is a little shady and they have a few key player's missing.

I reckon we're a goal better than them but they may well score one or two.

I don't think that's quite the case, only if Lech don't beat Standard again.

I reckon we're too short. Anything above 1.70+ for Benfica to avoid defeat seems like value to me.

I'd be very surprised if BTTS doesn't win, but the odds will reflect that.

I was expecting us both to be around 6/4 or us slight favourites , unless the bookies know something we don’t

Benfica are good middle to front but at the back they are suspect, they've conceded 3 goals in games against Rangers, Boavista and Braga in recent weeks.

They've also lost to PAOK in Greece this season and finished behind a Porto side we took 4 points out of 6 against in Europe last season.

A good side but so are we, at home I'd make us favourites.

As a degenerate gambler who has made decent money this year in the Europa, I won’t be touching this game.

Based on the first game there are far too many variables to make an accurate prediction.
I'd be all over the draw normally but as you say too many variables. So I'll lump on us lol

Agree with this. Normally it would be better value on us winning but our form is excellent, their form is a little shady and they have a few key player's missing.

I reckon we're a goal better than them but they may well score one or two.
I think this is very much about us. If we play as we can we could get 2 or 3. First goal crucial. Given both teams showed they can hurt each other it’s not unusual for subsequent games to end up disappointing affairs. 2-1 The Rangers.

As a degenerate gambler who has made decent money this year in the Europa, I won’t be touching this game.

Based on the first game there are far too many variables to make an accurate prediction.
I fancy sticking Benfica on wee double.
I'd be over the moon with a draw.
Ecstatic with a win.
And able to drown my sorrows if we lose.

I'll no doubt get stick for that thought, but hey ho.

Yeah, he's definitely out for Thursday due to Covid. I'd be happy enough with a draw knowing we should beat Liege
Or we could just beat them on Thursday and in doing so qualify from the group - this could allow us breathing space in what is a jam- packed schedule from now till January - players could be rested and others tested in the remaining 2 group games

People need to look at the bigger picture of topping the group, it could be the difference between getting a Molde in the last 32 or an Inter
Yes a draw would be great and yes qualifying would be great but having to outpoint and outscore Benfica in the last 2 games, will be a tougher ask than taking this mob to the cleaners Thursday.
The bookies don't get much wrong and they won't again Thursday

I would have expected us to be sitting at 6/4 with Benfica at around 9/5

The draw would be priced in the middle obviously.

won’t be touching this game at all. Think the bookies have done what they do best and risk adjusted the prices perfectly here.

I'll take the win.

Dont think we have much to fear against them.

Nunez is a huge blow for them.

Hopefully we can stick to our form. If the worst happens and we get a draw, well aslong as we win the group I'll be happy.

People need to look at the bigger picture of topping the group, it could be the difference between getting a Molde in the last 32 or an Inter
Yes a draw would be great and yes qualifying would be great but having to outpoint and outscore Benfica in the last 2 games, will be a tougher ask than taking this mob to the cleaners Thursday.
The bookies don't get much wrong and they won't again Thursday
We have 3 away goals against them, as long as we win or draw 1-1 or 2-2 we can top the group with a better head to head against Benfica if we win the last 2 games

People seem to be forgetting this.

This will be a very tough challenge. I just hope there is no over reaction if we don't win..
The expectancy that surrounds us winning this game frightens me, they were well on top of us before they went down to 10 men and to get a draw after being a player down for the majority of the game shows how decent they are. I hope i am just being pessimistic, to remain unbeaten on Thursday with a low score draw and win the last 2 games would see us top the group

Back