OF away allocation preference

• Old style 8k

Votes: 178 11.5%
  • Euro style 5% - 2.5/3k

Votes: 623 40.3%

Votes: 261 16.9%

Votes: 483 31.3%

• Total voters
Would be interesting to see the votes by age as well as a lot of other categories. Seems to be a lot of older fans who’ve had their fun at Parkhead and gone for years now voting for 0 away fans.

Yet for some of us following our team is more important than any bitterness or hatred towards them.

Euro Allocation is the compromise which will keep 90% of people satisfied. No season tickets miss out, away fans have the opportunity to go to the piggery. It’s not ideal for some which I understand but it’s a compromise which in my opinion needs met.
Not really. Close to 50% of those voting in the poll want it kept at 800 - or lower. I don’t see how you can extrapolate that in the way you have.

Those questioning the poll would be happy to endorse it if it supported their viewpoint. It actually doesn’t endorse ANY viewpoint. It’s inconclusive - as I think most of us expected.

Don’t want them in Ibrox ever. It’s not the be all and end all not getting to sit in that dump neither, been there done that.

It’s not Uber staunch to denigrate other fans for having that opinion either. You are a supposed grown adult, get over it, it’s quite tragic in a sense.
Not sure who this is directed at but you’ve ‘been there and done that’ what about the young supporters who’ve never and might never get the chance?

Point I'm thinking is where would the displaced fans go as nearly all of the ground are season tkts holders, plus a few years ago season tkts for the broomloan were sold which did not include old firm games.....Is there an easy solution ?
Incomparable situation as previously the season tickets were sold without Celtic as they got the full stand. A European allocation would mean that their allocation is increased by 1500 roughly with a minor increase to segregation

The numbers add up to be able to give them 2500 but if that club want to retain a small amount for match day tickets, they could give 2000 and all season ticket holders would be catered for

as a spectacle for the neutral nothing beats the OF at Ibrox with the full allocation.

as a Rangers supporter though why would I want to give my home advantage up by giving Celtc prime position in our stadium to sing their bile?

Season ticket issues aside (and they shouldn’t be just put aside) I would only see a point to this if we were given similar (in location as well as %) at their dump.

Not sure what the noisy folk on Twitter support but FF will not be a good representation of match going fans on the issue. The only way opinion could really be gauged is with a massive survey conducted by the club.
“Noisy folk on twitter” used to discredit the opinions on twitter and other social media outlets but we’ve to accept FF is an accurate representation because it fits their narrative?

Even if the survey was 80% in favour of euro allocations, it still wouldn’t be an accurate reflection. Needs a wider survey

Not really. Close to 50% of those voting in the poll want it kept at 800 - or lower. I don’t see how you can extrapolate that in the way you have.

Those questioning the poll would be happy to endorse it if it supported their viewpoint. It actually doesn’t endorse ANY viewpoint. It’s inconclusive - as I think most of us expected.
As you say the only real conclusive part of the voting poll with well over 1000 votes in is that the old allocation is dead and buried forever. We knew that anyway but only 10% for a return to that and 90% firmly against it even among those who want a slightly bigger allocation. Decisive and telling.

On a personal level I think 5% is the right balance and it would give us a fairer proportion of the piggery with 3000 of us going there and 2500 rabids coming to Ibrox. I don’t think Celtic would agree to that though so it will almost certainly end up with 0 as the norm which is unfortunate but I don’t see any way round it. Celtic are a known bully club who don’t like not getting their own way and even though 5% is the only fair answer they won’t want to give us it they would want the numbers to be the same regardless of capacity.

Last edited:
IF it ever goes back to a certain number of away fans then it's got to be the same % ie 2,500 for them 3000 for us, or 800 for them 1000 for us , and no less. .Can't ever see them getting the full Broomie again but if they did then it's 9/10,000 directly behind the goals for us away.
If it stays at zero for ever then I won't lose any sleep over it.

I’ll sum this argument up. We’ll only allow them their previous allocation if we get a stand behind a goal in full sight of the TV cameras. If the mhanky mob can’t facilitate that and keep us in the restricted view corner, they can get thrown out of sight and out of mind somewhere bottom corner tier of the main stand

Hot topic this and one I've been chewing over.

My days of 'energetically' supporting the team have gone and given way to a younger, more poorly dressed crowd.

But my take looking back is that goals (for and against) mean more when there is a healthy away contingent - It genuinely elevates the entire experience whether good or bad.

So, I've changed my mind - Should go back to full allocations and let battle commence!

I agree I was being sarcastic , people honestly believe them behind the goals makes a difference to the result on the pitch , don’t get me wrong the fans can have an effect depending on the mentality of the team your playing , ie, I’d imagine Leipzig were better than us last year and totally crumbled under the noise at Ibrox but the amount of times that happens is few and far between , I’d argue our goal against Liverpool would be the loudest their players have heard and they took 7 off us coz they’re simply a far better team
9 games out of 10 it’ll have no impact as the better team will win. However there’s no doubt in my mind that them having a full end could have an effect on the odd occasion ie lifting their team when they’re chasing a late goal hitting into that end or influencing a refereeing decision (see the penalty Stokes won against Steven Davis in 2011. Never a penalty in its puff).

Either way the arrangements before 2018 regarding allocations were unfair in their favour, both positionally and percentage-wise and I’m glad that they’re gone for good.

You should add another category in there:

8,000 but only if located behind the goal.
While my own preference is 0, I would also suggest that it they seriously want the away end behind the goal at Ibrox then this can only happen by providing the entire end behind the goal to Rangers fans in return.

While my own preference is 0, I would also suggest that it they seriously want the away end behind the goal at Ibrox then this can only happen by providing the entire end behind the goal to Rangers fans in return.
Why ? It’s the same amount of fans in each stadium ? Doesn’t matter where they are ? Ohh I want to be on the telly brigade.

If we give them x number they will give the exact same number of tickets back. They will feel and quite rightly why should they be penalised for having a bigger stadium ?

Yes I am are you sure ?

Right so if the was the other way and we had 60k and they had 50k would we agree to a percentage or to an exact number ?
Well we do so every time we play a game in Europe. If we play a team with a 20,000 seater stadium we’re still obliged to offer them 5% of Ibrox. We can’t offer them the same as they give us just because we have a larger stadium. That’s how allocations work in football and this should be no different.

Well we do so every time we play a game in Europe. If we play a team with a 20,000 seater stadium we’re still obliged to offer them 5% of Ibrox. We can’t offer them the same as they give us just because we have a larger stadium. That’s how allocations work in football and this should be no different.
Yes in Europe where UEFA set the rules in this case it’s between the 2 clubs and why would they want to agree to that ?

To create a better atmosphere, can’t claim to be the best derby in the world and have no away fans, pressure from corporates about not getting tickets ?
Spot on mate. Most of their fans want to go back to the old arrangement and most of ours (90% of the votes in this poll for example) don’t want to return to it because their fans like to create a better atmosphere and our fans don’t.

On another note…..quite bizarre that you were sitting posting about this during a Rangers game?

Euro style 3k for me.

Only compromise so we can get a good backing at Parkhead.

8k for them at Ibrox is far too much - they definitely did better out of that arrangement.

You trying to say there’s no posters that want Celtic to get 0 away fans, that also criticised the board for the Sydney friendly?

The Sydney friendly doesn’t have any relevance however I do find it ironic they were willing to play second fiddle to Celtic in Australia for £3m but won’t compromise regarding allocations for league games

Essentially they’re happy having a relationship with Celtic if it makes them money. Morals though? I don’t think this is a solid point to be bringing up to try and point score
You trying to say there’s no posters that want Celtic to get 0 away fans, that also criticised the board for the Sydney friendly?

The Sydney friendly doesn’t have any relevance however I do find it ironic they were willing to play second fiddle to Celtic in Australia for £3m but won’t compromise regarding allocations for league games

Essentially they’re happy having a relationship with Celtic if it makes them money. Morals though? I don’t think this is a solid point to be bringing up to try and point score
No. My post clearly says there are a lot of posters who have no problem Celtic getting a larger allocation (meaning ST holders will be moved), presumably because they want to go to Celtic Park. A lot of them were up in arms about the Iz friendly, I assume you are one of them.

No. My post clearly says there are a lot of posters who have no problem Celtic getting a larger allocation (meaning ST holders will be moved), presumably because they want to go to Celtic Park. A lot of them were up in arms about the Iz friendly, I assume you are one of them.
They’re completely different things.

Our board are happy engaging with the Celtic board and playing second fiddle on Anges homecoming so long as they get £3m for it.

They’d be happy to compromise with them to sort European allocations if there was money involved. That’s all they care about

They’re completely different things.

Our board are happy engaging with the Celtic board and playing second fiddle on Anges homecoming so long as they get £3m for it.

They’d be happy to compromise with them to sort European allocations if there was money involved. That’s all they care about
You are doing a good job in twisting this.

I’m not defending the board.

I’m stating that there are a number of posters who have double standards where tickets and Celtic are concerned.

There is no reason to give them the Euro allocation. We sell those seats to our own easily enough thank you.

Enjoy your night.

You are doing a good job in twisting this.

I’m not defending the board.

I’m stating that there are a number of posters who have double standards where tickets and Celtic are concerned.

There is no reason to give them the Euro allocation. We sell those seats to our own easily enough thank you.

Enjoy your night.
No, the board have double standards. They’ll engage with the Celtic board if it makes them £3m being the B-side, second fiddle to Celtic on Anges homecoming but won’t compromise for league games

They’d compromise if there was money on the table

I agree with the euro allocation idea and it effects me as my seat is in bf5
Same here mate, as long as I get a seat I don’t give a %^*& where I get moved.

Reason - I’ve no chance of an away ticket these days (Silver) but having experienced decades of OF games at their dump, including some of my most brilliantly memorable days/evenings watching us, I don’t want that feeling to be lost for other fans who have earned the right to get an away ticket.

Back