ofcom throw celtics complaint out

wee blue dug

Sky have escaped a full Ofcom investigation over the mistranslated Alfredo Morelos interview.

Celtic lodged a formal complaint to the UK's communications regulator after quotes attributed to the Rangers striker accused Hoops fans of racial abuse.

Correct translation conducted by Record Sport showed the Colombian made no such allegation.

But, after consideration, Ofcom insist they have no grounds to pursue the matter further.

In a statement issued on Monday, the regulator says that because the mistranslated section was shown only online and on Sky's on-demand service, it has been rendered powerless.

M7Px37p.gif

Ofcom should have said ...

"Due to evidence coming to light that Rangers Player Alfredo Morelos was indeed racially abused and subsequently a 12 year old boy has been reported Ofcom have decided Celtic can %^*& off back to dear old Oirelaand and take their paedophiles and racist sectarian players & fans with them"

Statement ends.

They've made utter fools of themselves yet again.
For a club who seem to continually want to try to convince people 'what a big club' they are, they exhibit an incredibly small time mentality.

Is no one else seeing the dangerous precedent here?

TV companies are immune from ofcom as long as they only post the offending content online?

Uhmmm thats not good for anyone really is it? Even if it did make me smirk.

Is no one else seeing the dangerous precedent here?

TV companies are immune from ofcom as long as they only post the offending content online?

Uhmmm thats not good for anyone really is it? Even if it did make me smirk.
Very true. There must be a regulator who oversees online/on demand output?

Very true. There must be a regulator who oversees online/on demand output?
Absolutely not sadly.
It’s like the wild west and you only get something taken down/removed/dealt with if you can persuade the owner of the server that the material should not be there.
If the server is overseas and has no interest (like most) you have no recourse.
The office of the information commissioner is toothless.

not convinced they will be too concerned at this,job done me thinks,to me it was an opportunity they seized to deflect away from the real shame around our player,

So the translation was correct? The boy was dragged through all that shit again just for the sake of it?

The damage is already done. A bunch of pathetic bastards.

So the translation was correct? The boy was dragged through all that shit again just for the sake of it?

The damage is already done. A bunch of pathetic bastards.
Not for a moment am I defending the scum but the translation was clearly not correct.
Ofcom have only decided that they cannot actually investigate the complaint because it was never a broadcast.
It was only shown on Sky’s Internet platforms which do not fall under the remit of the broadcasting regulator.

Quite funny when something doesn’t go the filths way.

racial abuse did happen in any case, regardless of a fucked up translation.
Indeed it did but in typical yahoo fashion they have managed to push the narrative away from racial abuse by them to a dodgy translation. A typical filth tactic, muddy the waters and absolve themselves of any blame as to the original subject.

Absolutely not sadly.
It’s like the wild west and you only get something taken down/removed/dealt with if you can persuade the owner of the server that the material should not be there.
If the server is overseas and has no interest (like most) you have no recourse.
The office of the information commissioner is toothless.
I’m surprised there’s nothing in place but surely won’t be long before media output online is also governed by ofcom?

I’m surprised there’s nothing in place but surely won’t be long before media output online is also governed by ofcom?
The UK government has given Ofcom some powers to start regulating but it is still very early days.
Part of the problem though will always be the location of the servers and the willingness of the server owners to comply with any regulation.

The way I read it is that Sky online is a separate entity therefore nothing to do with Sky TV.
That's what I'll tell any of them I have the misfortune to meet.

It was nice of us to just let that go aswell
Exactly! They are schooling us in the dark arts week in, week out. The old Rangers way of not responding, keeping schtum is not doing us any favours in the 21st century. We need a more aggressive strategy. In fact, %^*& them!

Due to Sky not letting us get our own way. We the celtc board urge all our fans to now sell their stolen Sky boxes and purchase the new Celtc Amstrad fiddly diddly box.... (Free blow-up sex doll and noose with every purchase)*
Dissident-republicans-pic-e1456244173127.jpg

* First two purchases only, Rangers scarf and sash not included.

Back