Off the ball - Tom English speaks about Gerrard and Rangers

Jackorabanne

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Tom English speaks about Gerrard, Rangers and BBC Scotland dispute (albeit briefly).

English is actually quite complimentary, but you can tell both him and the Irish presenter hate the fact we are doing well.

20 min interview and they start to speak about Rangers from 12 minutes in

Read the header and though “Nothing unusual in that then”.
Haha, it’s all about the Rangers. Actually good interview though, obviously the digs about us having no money doesn’t make sense, due to us having unforeseen European money to spend but you cannae win them all

I watched it a few nights ago. English was a disgrace as usual. Apparently we're taking huge financial risks and he also said we're in a terrible financial mess.

It sounds like Kilbane has also been listening to his financial expert timmy pals. According to him we are probably paying Defoe and Davis £2m a year EACH and he would like to know how we can justify that as we are ''hemorrhaging money''.

English does make a half arsed attempt to point out that we've received soft loans from directors which will be converted to shares so there's no bank debt but this is quickly glossed over as they continued to paint a picture of a club in financial crisis.

I watched it a few nights ago. English was a disgrace as usual. Apparently we're taking huge financial risks and he also said we're in a terrible financial mess.

It sounds like Kilbane has also been listening to his financial expert timmy pals. According to him we are probably paying Defoe and Davis £2m a year EACH and he would like to know how we can justify that as we are ''hemorrhaging money''.

English does make a half arsed attempt to point out that we've received soft loans from directors which will be converted to shares so there's no bank debt but this is quickly glossed over as they continued to paint a picture of a club in financial crisis.
Not kevin kilblane?as its a bbc thing wont click ut or listen to it fn southern irish caunts

For me, the last old firm game was the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at a football match. Everyone standing and singing for 90 minutes so I don’t know why more or less everyone in the media is being negative about it.

Regarding the interview, bar the usual “where’s the money coming from” pish (which he answered himself) it was fairly complimentary towards us.

He is right in saying that we need to copy there business model when it comes to buying and selling players and champions league money is massive when domestic tv money is next to nothing.

Thanks for posting bud.

Our run in Europe i would have thought self financed our transfer business so far or is that me being to simplistic.

For me, the last old firm game was the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at a football match. Everyone standing and singing for 90 minutes so I don’t know why more or less everyone in the media is being negative about it.

Regarding the interview, bar the usual “where’s the money coming from” pish (which he answered himself) it was fairly complimentary towards us.

He is right in saying that we need to copy there business model when it comes to buying and selling players and champions league money is massive when domestic tv money is next to nothing.

Thanks for posting bud.

We are already copying it I think. The only experienced guys we sign are loans or Bosmans.
And we had 7 players of 22 or under in our match day squad on 29.12. Pretty good I’d say.

So many glaring errors or lies from him and the presenters in one go!

Was going to post them but in one ear and out the other!

Ignorance and agenda all mixed together.

He is right in saying that we need to copy their business model when it comes to buying and selling players

We are already copying it I think.

C'montaephuk bears. "copy their business model"? They invented selling players for more than they cost? Really?
They did well with a few players, very well in fact with a couple but let's not be led into thinking, nor parroting that it's 'theirs'. Ninety percent of clubs want to do this.
It's as much theirs as that song they stole from Liverpool.

C'montaephuk bears. "copy their business model"? They invented selling players for more than they cost? Really?
They did well with a few players, very well in fact with a couple but let's not be led into thinking, nor parroting that it's 'theirs'. Ninety percent of clubs want to do this.

Point taken mate. It’s not theirs.

But I support us adopting this strategy where we only take experienced guys OOC & try to spend on players we can sell for a healthy profit.

Ok point taken. What I should have said was use the same model and do it as good as they do. If we don’t then we are either fucked or too over reliant on soft loans.

We are already copying it I think. The only experienced guys we sign are loans or Bosmans.
And we had 7 players of 22 or under in our match day squad on 29.12. Pretty good I’d say.
It looks like that’s the way we are going. For the first time in a long time we have sell-able assets in the first time and we can hold off for top dollar. All positive for me, Morelos alone will command a transfer fee to write off the debt.

Agree too much sycophantic nonsense in the media - every single club (even EPL / Bundesliga / La Liga / Serie A) sell at a profit. Nothing new.

Thanks for correcting the “their”. Too frequently this is misspelled on this forum.

Old rhyme from my mum:

There is, there are, there used to be...
We spell it T.H.E.R.E

Their hats, their coats, their motor cars,...
We spell it T.H.E.I.R

A journalist who can't speak to one-half of the clubs involved is no journalist at all.
A complete empty vessel at the best of times, they would be as well have asked a fan.
As it is, this particular journalist just sounds like a Celtc fan anyway.
When we add in that he is a rugby man, it becomes apparent that this interview isn't one seeking a quality of input but is rather a job for one of the bhoys.

I get better quality info and more insightful debate on here naturally, and when it comes to Tom Irish I get much better insight in a London pub!

Sorry, but he wasn't worth the listen.

Agree too much sycophantic nonsense in the media - every single club (even EPL / Bundesliga / La Liga / Serie A) sell at a profit. Nothing new.

Thanks for correcting the “their”. Too frequently this is misspelled on this forum.

Old rhyme from my mum:

There is, there are, there used to be...
We spell it T.H.E.R.E

Their hats, their coats, their motor cars,...
We spell it T.H.E.I.R

Does she have one for they're :D

Whatever he says or does it’s either playing to the Celtic minded audience or it’s another harmful swipe at rangers. If he’s being nice be wary, the sleekit rat is after something, maybe he’s trying to curry favour after his recent twitter embarrassment.

What’s that saying about Romans bearing gifts? Never forget he’s a ***, he hates us, him and the organisation he purports to represent.

Back