Off the pitch we're miles from where we should be.

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
On the pitch we're not too far from where we need to be in my opinion, even though 2020 tested that view, I still think there's not as much difference as the league position suggests however off the field we are absolutely miles off where we need to be.

In terms of fanbase we should have the most influence in Scotland, traditionally it's been us and them who have had the most power, currently it's;
- them
- ….. [a country mile] ….
- Aberdeen, hibs, Kilmarnock....
- Rangers.

Even Hearts, they have a better chance of getting out of relegation than we do of not being shafted for the league.

The lack of influence we have off the pitch is absolutely frightening for a club our size. I've put Aberdeen and hibs above us because while they can't influence things themselves they at least have teams that will work in partnership with them.

I f*cking hate the idea of building bridges, the anger of what we were put through in 2012 will never leave me and I wanted to burn the whole thing down but it's not going to happen so we need to be realistic and start trying to claw back the power we used to have and if it means we have to start building relationships with teams who have stuck the boot in then so be it.

'We will not be found wanting', some laugh eh! We need to stop putting out hard-hitting statements unless we are prepared to follow up. The a/sole who put out the SPFL's statement today (MacLennan) is a prime example, we called out the conflict of interest and then never heard anything about it again. As supporters we need to be prepared to follow through on boycotts otherwise we just take the legs out for under the club when trying to exert influence.

I've posted similar to the above previously but it's now looking like it will cost us a league and we'll be helpless to stop it..

The board don't get criticised enough for this, they've done all that could have been expected of them and more on the pitch but have been a total disaster off of it.

Paying to end the 7 year thing with SD only to willingly enter a contract with a seemingly indefinite matching clause with them sums it all up.

The reality is that we are seen as weak, by the crooks of the SFA and SPFL, member clubs and refs and officials. Unless that changes, we'll still be seen as a punchbag.
this is the sad reality of it all, for all our moaning and crying ,we never get off our arses and do anything, we are an empty vessel and the rest of scottish football and society know, we are a spineless ,somewhat pathetic bunch that frightens no one at all,this is our place in life now and going forward ,and its like this because we sat back and watched all this happening before our own eyes,sadly no surrender left our community in 1689

Last edited:
They saved the club and so did the fans.

Since then the fans have remained amazing save some stupid singing.

The board however have been abject in recruiting managers, pr, marketing, fighting court cases, creating court cases( the memorial garden), fan engagement, endless pointless statements. The have been nothing short of hopeless. They have been bailed out by two European runs by SG as the domestic position is still hopeless. And for the record appointing a dup councillor as head of pr with little experience seems to me to be an other half arsed piece of recruitment.

We’re nearly there on the pitch? I know the footballs been gone a month but did it really only take 4 weeks to forget what a disaster we were and how far behind we’d fallen?

We’re a ways off it, we still don’t have anywhere near enough players who are made of the right stuff mentally. Off the pitch, yeah, the board haven’t done nearly enough standing up for us and actually doing something of substance like going after our snipers and detractors.

The board don't get criticised enough for this, they've done all that could have been expected of them and more on the pitch but have been a total disaster off of it.

Paying to end the 7 year thing with SD only to willingly enter a contract with a seemingly indefinite matching clause with them sums it all up.

The board have made a lot of mistakes granted.

The Retail deal was a stitch up from the start. You can bet your bottom dollar that the matching clause that we're currently fighting in court would have been in the original contract as well. Remember the board weren't allowed to disclose the payment to SDI at the time due to a gag order in the agreement. It only came to light because it had to be included in the accounts. Ashley would have used this to turn people against King & the Board & It worked to some degree.

As far as the SFA/SPFL goes, we are despised because we didn't just lay down & die as we were supposed to, we're still here & they hate it! People like Mulraney, McLennan, Doncaster, Maxwell etc don't want to deal with us or mend fences. The rest of the boards are just nodding dogs to the filth. They have seized the power in Scottish Football & they will fight & scratch to keep it.

Until the other clubs decide to stand up to Shameless FC, then nothing will change. Fans that are happy to see them be awarded a League Title they haven't won but who would be up in arms if the situation were reversed. Remember these "fans" wanted to see their clubs die rather than help us in our hour of need.

Scottish Football has hated itself to death since 2012 due to a perfect storm of our problems & a rise in Scottish Nationalism that has made it not only "cool" to hate Rangers FC, it's the default position.

We’re nearly there on the pitch? I know the footballs been gone a month but did it really only take 4 weeks to forget what a disaster we were and how far behind we’d fallen?

We’re a ways off it, we still don’t have anywhere near enough players who are made of the right stuff mentally. Off the pitch, yeah, the board haven’t done nearly enough standing up for us and actually doing something of substance like going after our snipers and detractors.

I did acknowledge that 2020 has challenged my view that we are not that far off it on the pitch however on the whole I don’t think the gap is as far as league table suggests.

What was your view after the last old firm game?

I did acknowledge that 2020 has challenged my view that we are not that far off it on the pitch however on the whole I don’t think the gap is as far as league table suggests.

What was your view after the last old firm game?

Mate I reckon we’d have probably taken something from the next old firm. My view is that our players relax a lot more a play a lot better when they’re not strong favourites. Anyway, a lot happened since the last old firm game, that game at the piggery did have me thinking we were just about there, but everything since then absolutely shattered that.

The reality is that we are seen as weak, by the crooks of the SFA and SPFL, member clubs and refs and officials. Unless that changes, we'll still be seen as a punchbag.

And there you go.

We should have a Rangers fan watching every minute of every game. (My old man would still fit the bill). You watch what is cheating (and this is now just about every game.)

You highlight Everything.

You highlight the double standards.

The mong at Tynecastle.

You call out the Compliance Officer.

You call out their religion.

You call out their connection to the filth.

We're at a stage now where we have proven that we have a first 11 that is capable of actually being a better team than theirs.

Squad depth and mentality are the main issues, it's nowhere near as big a task addressing that as it was getting the 11 up to a decent standard

And there you go.

We should have a Rangers fan watching every minute of every game. (My old man would still fit the bill). You watch what is cheating (and this is now just about every game.)

The mong at Tynecastle.

Your last two points would make everything less credible, it would be easier for people to point and laugh at paranoia than to see the point we'd be trying to make.

Mate I reckon we’d have probably taken something from the next old firm. My view is that our players relax a lot more a play a lot better when they’re not strong favourites. Anyway, a lot happened since the last old firm game, that game at the piggery did have me thinking we were just about there, but everything since then absolutely shattered that.

Totally agree that we struggle to deal with the expectation of being favourites, wouldn't argue with you there mate. It's something we need to address.

I think 2020 has had more to do with mentality than ability but either way we are still a bit away from winning something (further than I thought we were at the turn of the year) but I don't think as far as the league position currently suggests.

We're at a stage now where we have proven that we have a first 11 that is capable of actually being a better team than theirs.

Squad depth and mentality are the main issues, it's nowhere near as big a task addressing that as it was getting the 11 up to a decent standard

I think getting players with the correct winning mentality is a massive task, they don’t come cheap and they’re not always easy to find. They also have to have the ability to go with that mentality, at the moment most of our players have one but not the other. In my opinion, the status quo will get us nothing, so changes are certainly required.

I think getting players with the correct winning mentality is a massive task, they don’t come cheap and they’re not always easy to find. They also have to have the ability to go with that mentality, at the moment most of our players have one but not the other. In my opinion, the status quo will get us nothing, so changes are certainly required.
It's something that can develop mate, all you need to do is look at what Klopp has slowly built at Liverpool. I think that we just need to accept that Rome wasn't built in a day.

It's something that can develop mate, all you need to do is look at what Klopp has slowly built at Liverpool. I think that we just need to accept that Rome wasn't built in a day.

I really hope you’re right! We’re in a really frustrating position where we know on ability, we can play them off the park, we just can’t seem to hold our nerve for very long.

I really hope you’re right! We’re in a really frustrating position where we know on ability, we can play them off the park, we just can’t seem to hold our nerve for very long.
You're undoubtedly onto something when you point out nerve, I don't think anyone can deny that.

Another point though, our win % when one of Tavernier/Barisic isn't playing is shockingly low. Going into Tynecastle and Rugby Park so soon after the break without both of them available made things a lot harder on the team. I don't think you can analyse what happened after the winter break without mentioning this.

The gulf between those two and Halliday/Flanagan/Polster is so vast that those 3 probably shouldn't be at the club, I think the same can be said about a variety of positions within our team

Clubs, in the main, are governed by self interest. You are confusing clubs with fans. Aberdeen will do whats best for them, their fans are only interested in harming us. Derek McInnes has said Celtic should be awarded the league. Would he have the same opinion if they thought the Scottish cup couldn't be completed and awarded to Celtic.
Current league positions suit Celtic,Motherwell,Aberdeen,Livingston, Hibs,St Mirren, Ross County and Hamilton. St Johnstone and Killie have a small gripe as the might make top 6. Rangers and Hearts are obviously against current positions. I have known a current owner of a premier club for 45 years. No way is he anti Rangers and would always select us over them.
Our problem is in the main the media. Hollicom appear to dictate the Record agenda, BBC is controlled by Gordon (radio) and Gollum (TV). All the other papers have , in the main, reporters who are sympathetic to Celtic?

We are fine. Most supporters haven't a clue when it comes to how to conduct yourself in a business situation.

Supporters may not know how to conduct themselves in a business scenario but that is irrelevant.

Can you provide any examples since 2012 where we have exerted soft power to get what we wanted or any partnership we’ve had with other clubs to enact positive change?

On the pitch we're not too far from where we need to be in my opinion, even though 2020 tested that view, I still think there's not as much difference as the league position suggests however off the field we are absolutely miles off where we need to be.

Delusional!

We're miles behind ON the pitch, the league table doesn't lie.

When the chips were down after ripping them at the piggery, we crashed and burned. Too many players don't have the winning mentality required to defeat Celtic over the course of a season.

Until we address that, we'll always be playing second fiddle.

Delusional!

We're miles behind ON the pitch, the league table doesn't lie.

When the chips were down after ripping them at the piggery, we crashed and burned. Too many players don't have the winning mentality required to defeat Celtic over the course of a season.

Until we address that, we'll always be playing second fiddle.

We are obviously behind them on the park but it’s not a huge distance if it was we wouldn’t have been able to out play them twice in December and beat them at their own midden.

We have mental fragility that needs addressed but ability wise there’s not much in it. I’m sure you’d have agreed with that after the last old firm.

Supporters may not know how to conduct themselves in a business scenario but that is irrelevant.

Can you provide any examples since 2012 where we have exerted soft power to get what we wanted or any partnership we’ve had with other clubs to enact positive change?

No, not one single example. That's because you don't exert power by shouting from the rooftops about influencing a decision. Rangers are by far the biggest influence in Scottish football.

In terms of fanbase we should have the most influence in Scotland, traditionally it's been us and them who have had the most power, currently it's;
- them
- Rangers.

Even Hearts, they have a better chance of getting out of relegation than we do of not being shafted for the league.

The lack of influence we have off the pitch is absolutely frightening for a club our size. I've put Aberdeen and hibs above us because while they can't influence things themselves they at least have teams that will work in partnership with them.

I f*cking hate the idea of building bridges, the anger of what we were put through in 2012 will never leave me and I wanted to burn the whole thing down but it's not going to happen so we need to be realistic and start trying to claw back the power we used to have and if it means we have to start building relationships with teams who have stuck the boot in then so be it.

'We will not be found wanting', some laugh eh! We need to stop putting out hard-hitting statements unless we are prepared to follow up. The a/sole who put out the SPFL's statement today (MacLennan) is a prime example, we called out the conflict of interest and then never heard anything about it again. As supporters we need to be prepared to follow through on boycotts otherwise we just take the legs out for under the club when trying to exert influence.

I've posted similar to the above previously but it's now looking like it will cost us a league and we'll be helpless to stop it..
Great another negative thread, Gee thanks

We are obviously behind them on the park but it’s not a huge distance if it was we wouldn’t have been able to out play them twice in December and beat them at their own midden.

We have mental fragility that needs addressed but ability wise there’s not much in it. I’m sure you’d have agreed with that after the last old firm.

The current squad's nowhere near good enough to topple Celtic over the course of a season. That's not up for debate.

The sooner we accept that and do something about it, the sooner we'll be challenging for the title again.

The current squad's nowhere near good enough to topple Celtic over the course of a season. That's not up for debate.

The sooner we accept that and do something about it, the sooner we'll be challenging for the title again.

We need to improve there is no doubt about that. Even if we were the better side we should still be looking to improve.

Whether we could get the better of them over the course of a season is up for debate, and it doesn’t look like it’ll be settled this year. Did you have the same view at the turn of the year?

The reality is it’s the Rangers support collectively which has the most power at it’s disposal if only it were a unified force and prepared to draw a line in the sand, someone asked the question earlier today do our enemies have to blow up Ibrox in order for our support to act?

The SFA, SPFL all the other club’s and fans of those other club’s know we don’t act as one anymore and they are all banking on us just carrying on as usual should it be another stitch up.

They all feel cock sure it will be business as usual with bears turning up in big numbers even if they side with the filth allowing them to be crowned title winners in the event of an unfinished season and sadly they are probably right in that assumption.

Even our website , ticketing system , season tickets waiting list rules and Catering are all miles behind where it should be.

We need to improve there is no doubt about that. Even if we were the better side we should still be looking to improve.

Whether we could get the better of them over the course of a season is up for debate, and it doesn’t look like it’ll be settled this year. Did you have the same view at the turn of the year?

Of course I didn't have the same view at the turn of the year! None of us had any reason to suspect we would utterly cave in! But the reality is we did!

And it's not up for debate. We have shown we can't compete when the chips are down. We can't handle the weight of expectation.

They have gone from strength to strength since we pumped them at Parkhead. We haven't kicked a ball since then.

Things won't change next season either unless we bring in better players with a winning mentality.

Last edited:
Of course I didn't have the same view at the turn of the year! None of us had any reason to suspect we would utterly cave in! But the reality is we did!

And it's not up for debate. We have shown we can't compete when the chips are down. We can't handle the weight of expectation.

They have gone from strength to strength since we pumped them at Parkhead. We haven't kicked a ball since then.

Things won't change next season either unless we bring in better players with a winning mentality.
Oh well if you're saying it's not up for debate then that's then eh? Everyone else may aswell just keep their mouth shut and not have an opinion, Lenzie loyal has spoken.

And there you go.

The mong at Tynecastle.

You need evidence. There's plenty if it but we dont keep records. That's why we need to employ a professional researcher. Someone who can gather evidence and present it in academic standard reports. Celtic currently have a Phd student researching Bro Walfrid and the "charitable and inclusive" nature of their club's foundation. Of course it will be heavily subjective and full of lies but it will be presented as fact.

In my opinion our biggest enemy is the press and media. They praise them and attack us without reproach. Turning off the radio and not reading the papers seems to be our only approach. It might make individuals feel better but that's missing the point. The propaganda isnt aimed at us. Its designed to shape public opinion and its working.

You need evidence. There's plenty if it but we dont keep records. That's why we need to employ a professional researcher. Someone who can gather evidence and present it in academic standard reports. Celtic currently have a Phd student researching Bro Walfrid and the "charitable and inclusive" nature of their club's foundation. Of course it will be heavily subjective and full of lies but it will be presented as fact.

In my opinion our biggest enemy is the press and media. They praise them and attack us without reproach. Turning off the radio and not reading the papers seems to be our only approach. It might make individuals feel better but that's missing the point. The propaganda isnt aimed at us. Its designed to shape public opinion and its working.

Great post. Couldn’t agree more.

We are fine. Most supporters haven't a clue when it comes to how to conduct yourself in a business situation.
Indeed.
Unfortunately rangers , and the wording of the countless statements we keep issuing, seems to be constantly having to justify diplomacy / good business practise to try and satisfy the militant angry staunch and it gets us nowhere.

The ongoing situation with the BBC is the obvious example , the vast majority will have long forgotten what Chris McLaughlin has said but yet rangers / silent majority are losing out on public & sponsors exposure , the managers & players view and importantly the clubs view on KEY issues of the game.

We also have to wake up and address the singing issue / conduct of our support which had us heart in mouth last week when Uefa announced latest rounds of fines when we thankfully dodged a bullet , but we’re stung for stupid behaviour by ‘fans’,

Rangers are never going to regain our rightful place driving Scottish football , have public / political support in mainstream society again until folk stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists , Northern Ireland / the pope and stick to football songs.

There is also an argument given where the voting pattern / demographics are going that emphasis will need to be only on Scottish identity / imagery.

In terms of the covid situation / the current premiership being called & the tims getting a meaningless title / anti climax announcement by video conference , the focus should be ONLY on the interests / financial business case for rangers going forward , I do not give a toss about however many titles the east end mob get (especially since we weren’t in the league for so many of them anyway). The tims were going to win the title this season anyway after we totally collapsed after winter break , we’re just going through the motions now / ticking the games off, the bigger picture here is looking forward to looking at securing the football club / business & what puts us in the best position for next season by getting season tickets on sale for next year / cash injection by the fans

Your last two points would make everything less credible, it would be easier for people to point and laugh at paranoia than to see the point we'd be trying to make.
like the paranoia aimed at the scum and their media lackeys for bringing up our pr guy membership of the orange order?

The complete collapases in 18/19 and 19/20 suggest we are miles behind on the pitch. Good teams don't shit the bed!

On the pitch:
Park the europa league to the side for a second and concentrate on our bread n butter of domestic football (not to mention the highest priority of the league)........ how can anyone say “we are nearly where we need to be” :eek:

We’re well below par over the course of a season.

13pts behind our title challengers is not “nearly where we should be”!

Off the pitch:
Credit to the board for soft loans and funding. Massive thanks deserved.
However we’re stumbling from one embarrassing legal fight the next. Yes, we’ve had our hands tied by SD but we are now in a contract with SD that our current board negotiated/signed! We also ended up in court with elite/Hummel over a contract that our current board negotiated/signed.

A make or break for this board is the current situation that’s showing us down a road of being shafted imo. Excellent response from the club statement last night. But there’s a long way to go yet. I’m hopeful that they see us with a justified outcome.

All in all, it’s a mixed bag overall. Some very good stories, some very poor stories.

Certainly nowhere near where we need to be either on or off the pitch!

Off the pitch it is a very difficult battle BBC,Glasgow City Council, Strathclyde based Newspaper,North Lanarkshire Council the list is just about endless ,but in my opinion if we don't draw a line in the sand with the BBC then rest will never give a --{-

Indeed.
Unfortunately rangers , and the wording of the countless statements we keep issuing, seems to be constantly having to justify diplomacy / good business practise to try and satisfy the militant angry staunch and it gets us nowhere.

The ongoing situation with the BBC is the obvious example , the vast majority will have long forgotten what Chris McLaughlin has said but yet rangers / silent majority are losing out on public & sponsors exposure , the managers & players view and importantly the clubs view on KEY issues of the game.

We also have to wake up and address the singing issue / conduct of our support which had us heart in mouth last week when Uefa announced latest rounds of fines when we thankfully dodged a bullet , but we’re stung for stupid behaviour by ‘fans’,

Rangers are never going to regain our rightful place driving Scottish football , have public / political support in mainstream society again until folk stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists , Northern Ireland / the pope and stick to football songs.

There is also an argument given where the voting pattern / demographics are going that emphasis will need to be only on Scottish identity / imagery.

In terms of the covid situation / the current premiership being called & the tims getting a meaningless title / anti climax announcement by video conference , the focus should be ONLY on the interests / financial business case for rangers going forward , I do not give a toss about however many titles the east end mob get (especially since we weren’t in the league for so many of them anyway). The tims were going to win the title this season anyway after we totally collapsed after winter break , we’re just going through the motions now / ticking the games off, the bigger picture here is looking forward to looking at securing the football club / business & what puts us in the best position for next season by getting season tickets on sale for next year / cash injection by the fans
19th Century Terrorist bastards everywhere but

Strongly worded statements with no action coupled with dignified silence, we will never get anywhere until we lawyer up against the media and the corrupt footballing bodies.

- them
- Rangers.

Totally agree with what you said , but again I put it back to the 5 way agreement, this is what's holding us back & the board to be so silent on thing's damaging Rangers, we have to know what we agreed to to get our licence back , that's what we should be asking

Back