Official club statement. - implications of the Coronavirus pandemic

Texas ranger

It's a sensible move, announced in a professional manner.

A voluntary pay cut offer from our players and high-earning staff would have been excellent but hey ho.

As for the move to furlough 'normal' employees, I'd say we should all be grateful for the govt assitance. We are far from cash rich and we don't reside in the land og milk and honey that is the EPL. The club are doing the right thing within its means, to apply the 'top up' for the furlough staff.

Cash is king and there's nothing coming in just now.
Exactly, cash flow right now is the most important thing. This will make a big difference over the next few months.

tottie beck

At a time players elsewhere are being blasted for their selfishness it makes me very proud our players are reacting this way. I hope we show them our gratitude when this is all over. They’ve gotten their share of stick this season for their performances on the field so it’s only right we remember this sacrifice they are making as human beings.

There’s never been a better time to be proud of the institution, the way of life, that is Rangers F.C.

Desert Loyal

Decisions made and leadership shown. Quietly going about our business, despite pressure from certain trumpets in the media.

Mr Bear

I too would have loved to have seen our management & players take a 20% cut and have it passed on to the non playing staff to cover their pay. However, The main thing here is that the non playing staff are still going to get their normal wage...... well done Rangers.

Teddyjohn

Well done to all.

Special mention for Tav's words at the end there. A real leader.
How on Earth is he a real leader based on those comments? If they had taken a 20% cut or similar then fair play to them all.

But yes let’s praise our skipper for dropping down to only 12k a week or so for sitting at home for three months only to get the rest of it in July once the season ticket money is in.

Valley Bluenose

How on Earth is he a real leader based on those comments? If they had taken a 20% cut or similar then fair play to them all.

But yes let’s praise our skipper for dropping down to only 12k a week or so for sitting at home for three months only to get the rest of it in July once the season ticket money is in.
Barry Ferguson mentions in the paper today that the players will get the deferred wages from January next year onwards. So it’s a good while before the Club have to make the payments.

TinyRick

Here's the full Tav quote. Show me the bits that aren't showing leadership.

"I want to place on record our appreciation to every single member of staff for their determination and resolve during these unprecedented events. I’m very proud of the reaction of everyone at Rangers to the challenge we face throughout the UK and beyond."

“As a team, we were adamant that we work together to do all we can to secure the future of the football club. We are also acutely aware of the livelihoods and wellbeing of our staff.

“In reality, it was an easy decision for players and senior staff. Now is the time to work with unity of purpose, as the Rangers family, to ensure that everyone works together to maintain our institution. Today has made me proud to be Rangers captain.”