Official Official Serie A thread 21/22

Main Stand

Official Ticketer
(Closing the other thread, so those just joining us don’t get confused :)))

Most entertaining league in the world is back, all ten games on the tele this week. Can’t wait.

Can’t see Inter regaining their title sadly, them losing players and yet to replace Lukaku (hopefully Zapata comes in).

Winners - Juve
Top scorer - Immobile
CL - Inter, Atalanta, Milan.
Relegated - Empoli, Salernitana and Cagliari.

Champions kick us off at 5:30, should win comfortably - will be interesting to see how Inzhagi handles a club where there’s pressure to win the title.

Also Interesting to see how Atalanta bounce back after losing a couple of first teamers, but they have replaced them well.

They should beat Torino but missing a lot of players due to imjury

I'd agree with all of that but i think Lazio may sneak in the CL in front of Atalanta this year.... maybe.

Wonderful to have Jimbo back presenting Serie A on TV. Really enjoy James Horncastle's rapport with him(and Rafa and Jules on the Goals show) as well so it should be cracking entertainment before a ball is even kicked.

They should go proper old school and get Gary Bloom as commentator.

Wonderful to have Jimbo back presenting Serie A on TV. Really enjoy James Horncastle's rapport with him(and Rafa and Jules on the Goals show) as well so it should be cracking entertainment before a ball is even kicked.

*Googles Gary Bloom*

Hopefully we still have Spackman doing the games, liked his comms last year and occasionally got Rangers into a sentence :))

Buzzing for proper coverage and insight into the games. I know I'm being greedy but I want an old-school, Gazzetta style format again.

Let's go full 90s again (not the style of play though).

Gary(alongside Peter Brackley) was the voice of many a Serie A game in the 90's on Channel 4.

Loved a good "OH IT'S ZOLA!" as Gianfranco beat a man and launched a 20 yard exocet into the net.
"Ravenellli!"

None of this squeaky little BBC bhoy or over-exaggerated pish. Just straight to the point.

Peter Brackley. Sadly missed.

Gary(alongside Peter Brackley) was the voice of many a Serie A game in the 90's on Channel 4.

Loved a good "OH IT'S ZOLA!" as Gianfranco beat a man and launched a 20 yard exocet into the net.
Loved Peter Brackley back in the day!.

Reactions: SDF
They did and he missed both games against us with a serious knee injury that kept him out for months.

They sold Veron that summer and brought in Amoroso, Di Vaio(thought he was a really underrated striker) and Ortega.
Think Ortega got a bad injury round about then too, hardly played for Parma.

Looking forward to the season starting. Got back into Seria A last year after a big gap in watching. Wife is away out today as well so should get the games watched in peace, nice bottle of red, kids doing what they want so I can watch, superb!

Winners - Milan
Top scorer - Vlahovic
CL - Juve, Roma, Napoli
Relegated - Empoli, Salernitana and Cagliari.

Last edited:
Really hope Zaniolo isn’t fucked, he has all the talent in the world but his bodies taken some pounding at such a young age.

Two ACL’s at 21, grim.

What year were you born I can vaguely remember him :D

Looking forward to this, was going to watch the German game but since it's got the full James double act treatment I need to tune in. Wish they brought back the Euro Football Show.

I clearly remember Brackley from Footall Italia, cant say I'd ever heard of 'Gary Bloom' though.

Big fan as well but Jules has been an absolute riot on TTFS in recent weeks.

His tantrum because Jimbo dared take the piss about Messi going to Ligue 1 was peak TTFS.

Looking forward to the return though. Just a shame so many stars have departed when the league looked to be building up a lot of momentum.

I hope Hellas Verona do well I know a couple of there supporters , they like Rangers and Chelsea . They fly Union Jack’s In there ground

I hope Hellas Verona do well I know a couple of there supporters , they like Rangers and Chelsea . They fly Union Jack’s In there ground
They’ll be grand, do what they usually do.

Don’t score, don’t concede and come mid table

Inter to win 2-0 here.

Dzeko and Sensi

The bold Denzel for £11m was tremendous business, so hopefully he gets on.

I had intended to sack BT sport off after they lost the bundesliga but getting Serie A with Richardson fronting it has me clamped.

Used to love watching this league all the time. I think Inter still have an outside chance of retaining, that midfield is still brilliant. Lautaro to step up a level as well.

Would love to see one of the Rome Teams to do it though.

Everyone might not be as much of a football kit nerd as me, but Christ no league can come close to this one for classics

That Milan kit is a fucking beezer, looks like a PSG kit.

That was the first football jersey I ever owned. 7 years old at the time! Proper nostalgic brand.

Lotto actually just got bought over by a new conglomerate the other day. The same one who tried to buy Reebok a few weeks back but lost out to Shaq's (semi-related) company.

They've leased back the license to Lotto in the EU, and are going to try to crack America by signing big athletes and football clubs again. Be interesting to see who they end up with in a year or two down the line. Even in the early '00s you still had Sheva, Henry, Bergkamp etc. wearing Lotto boots.

I realise this may be boring to folk with no interest in sportswear/fashion :D

I had intended to sack BT sport off after they lost the bundesliga but getting Serie A with Richardson fronting it has me clamped.

Used to love watching this league all the time. I think Inter still have an outside chance of retaining, that midfield is still brilliant. Lautaro to step up a level as well.

Would love to see one of the Rome Teams to do it though.

Everyone might not be as much of a football kit nerd as me, but Christ no league can come close to this one for classics
The Italians dress better than anybody.

Especially on the football pitch.

Back