Offsetting the retail problem

I’m one of them.

It should be a basic in today’s society.
Ive been fortunate enough to be in some of Europea best stadia over the past couple of years and Ibrox, in all its glory is a beautiful stadium. However behind the scenes we really are still in the dark ages in comparison.

I get where we, as a Club, have been over the past few years but we need to drag ourselves forward into the modern era.

The concourse area is still stuck in the 90’s.

Im quite confident the Club are fully aware of this and it takes time.

What ever happened to the pay to play scheme at Ibrox? Think you paid a couple hundred quid and you got to play in a match at Ibrox.

I constantly see Rangers legends v Celtic legends games being posted on facebook, surely some of these ex gers pros would help out, id happily pay the cash to get a run out

Contactless is a fucking must in this day and age/

Any customer focused business is haemorrhaging money not adopting it.

Cash will be obsolete soon. And I know plenty people who simply dont carry cash.

Thats before you even get to the quality of food and service

Agreed. The amount of times I’ve wanted to buy some food but haven’t got cash is ridiculous. It’s completely archaic.

They wouldn't have to. We, the supporters, would buy the kit knowing profits are going to our club.

It’s cerainly one approach. The problem being that the vast majority of fans who buy tops want to buy them because it’s the rangers top.

Beyond a few message boards, a good chunk of the support (I’d say significant majority) wouldn’t have a clue what is going on with Ashley. And that’s a major problem.

It would need to take a massive effort from many people to make it happen. Not to say that it couldn’t happen. But would take time, coordination and a lot of effort. I’d be happy to help out as I’m sure many would.

The other issue is, say we raised £100k, how do we get that to the club? We can’t give it to them etc, we couldn’t buy shares. We would need to buy something the club currently sell. That way the club have zero to do with it.

Said in another thread, a 70s style fan club. Even £15 a year. Gets you a signed photo of your favourite player, discount on friendlies, entry into draws for prizes like meeting at training. Was a fully paid up member of the David Soul one and happy to help on an advisory capacity :D

It’s cerainly one approach. The problem being that the vast majority of fans who buy tops want to buy them because it’s the rangers top.

Beyond a few message boards, a good chunk of the support (I’d say significant majority) wouldn’t have a clue what is going on with Ashley. And that’s a major problem.

It would need to take a massive effort from many people to make it happen. Not to say that it couldn’t happen. But would take time, coordination and a lot of effort. I’d be happy to help out as I’m sure many would.

The other issue is, say we raised £100k, how do we get that to the club? We can’t give it to them etc, we couldn’t buy shares. We would need to buy something the club currently sell. That way the club have zero to do with it.
Are you saying it is illegal to make a donation?

Are you saying it is illegal to make a donation?
I’ve no idea. Can random people just give cash to a business? Clearly highly irregular.

Would be nice to set up a company and hire a advertising board. And pay annually what ever is raised. Call the company MAAP (Mike Ashley’s A Prick

Kit: what about a brand new company, not connected to Rangers but with Rangers minded owners, selling their own Rangers kit, and donating all profits to Rangers. Something similar happened during fatty's reign I remember, but this would have to be on a huge scale. Furthermore make Rangers TV the best in the world, thus increasing subscriptions.

Lion Brand but on a much larger scale?

Lion Brand but on a much larger scale?
The more I think of it, the more I like the idea.

Serves two purposes. Increases money for the club and gets the message out to the world, and more importantly to our fans what Ashley is.

Here is a question. Who owns the rights over historic logos?

While I was on holiday I went to Barcelona and done the basic tour for 26 euros.
There are various levels of tour Inc museum.

From the moment you go in it is all about maximising revenue .
There are various points around the tour that they take photos and have you super imposed beside Messi , on the pitch ,
Then you get to hold the European cup up then at the end they sell it as a photo package .

In between the different stages they are selling bits of the old pitch for various sizes and prices.

A virtual reality section for another 6 euro.

Cafes set up in side and outside the stadium
Including one built pitch side during close season.

And then as you would expect it finishes in an actual megastore.

Now I know that we have issues that would prevent us following the same model.
But it was a real eye opener as to how much potential that we have to make as much as possible out of our stadium and the tours.

While I was on holiday I went to Barcelona and done the basic tour for 26 euros.
There are various levels of tour Inc museum.

From the moment you go in it is all about maximising revenue .
There are various points around the tour that they take photos and have you super imposed beside Messi , on the pitch ,
Then you get to hold the European cup up then at the end they sell it as a photo package .

In between the different stages they are selling bits of the old pitch for various sizes and prices.

A virtual reality section for another 6 euro.

Cafes set up in side and outside the stadium
Including one built pitch side during close season.

And then as you would expect it finishes in an actual megastore.

Now I know that we have issues that would prevent us following the same model.
But it was a real eye opener as to how much potential that we have to make as much as possible out of our stadium and the tours.
Bayern have a cracking tour as well. Not as commercial but does end up in a ‘megastore’. Which is probably the right name for it.

67385570_2609997825685623_1873126080638877696_n.jpg

Sponsor the pitch and have an official digital image with links to those who have sponsored. £25 gets you a square which brings up your name/pic when you hover over it. If the club relay the turf ( not sure with the hybrid stuff though) then you can have your square

Sponsor the pitch and have an official digital image with links to those who have sponsored. £25 gets you a square which brings up your name/pic when you hover over it. If the club relay the turf ( not sure with the hybrid stuff though) then you can have your square

Yep, I suggested something vaguely along these lines a while back.
In fact, I wanted almost every square foot of the stadium "virtually" sold/sponsored/memorialised at differing prices obviously.

The kind of thing that a sixth-year schoolkid could run up on their pc, and so long as it was securely and carefully done (with an eye for graffiti and innuendo, etc), it would be a fantastic source of money for the Club.

Kit: what about a brand new company, not connected to Rangers but with Rangers minded owners, selling their own Rangers kit, and donating all profits to Rangers. Something similar happened during fatty's reign I remember, but this would have to be on a huge scale. Furthermore make Rangers TV the best in the world, thus increasing subscriptions.
Get the players to wear them in their "spare time " and get photographed in various designs when they are out shopping in any of Ashley's rival stores

Get the players to wear them in their "spare time " and get photographed in various designs when they are out shopping in any of Ashley's rival stores

Think then you’re associating the players and new brand with the Ashley stores. We need to do this clever and in a way that doesn’t harm our club but impacts on Ashley

Ive been fortunate enough to be in some of Europea best stadia over the past couple of years and Ibrox, in all its glory is a beautiful stadium. However behind the scenes we really are still in the dark ages in comparison.

I get where we, as a Club, have been over the past few years but we need to drag ourselves forward into the modern era.

The concourse area is still stuck in the 90’s.

Im quite confident the Club are fully aware of this and it takes time.

I think we all realise that due to what the club has been through the current board have a lot to do and for lots of reasons not least of which is the cost it isn’t possible to do everything at the one time. However why can’t they give us more information about timescales of what they plan to do eg. Copland/Broomloan concourses getting upgraded next close season, Main/Govan the following year or all toilets being refurbished next summer or contactless payment option available for food kiosks will be available from January.

The lack of information from the club to supporters to times is shocking. Even the recent stadium refurbishment has been a bit like an official secret where any information about it has come from supporters on here rather than the club. Don’t they realise that there is an insatiable thirst amongst supporters for information. They could provide regular updates via the website, RTV and YouTube at little or no cost but would generate thousands of clicks and views.

Yes, but I'm thinking about what fans can do to help break the cycle. As long as they have the biggest budget then we're going to struggle to win the title.
Are we fuk. Money dosnt win leagues passion and skill and determination does

“ It’s hard to beat someone
Who never gives up “

Auction a football top and pay for it that way

Think then you’re associating the players and new brand with the Ashley stores. We need to do this clever and in a way that doesn’t harm our club but impacts
Why would they be connected to Ashley's stores if it's a rival store. I am meaning photographed at any sports outlet bar sports direct if you catch my drift. Maybe I worded it wrong.

Think then you’re associating the players and new brand with the Ashley stores. We need to do this clever and in a way that doesn’t harm our club but impacts on Ashley
Why would they be connected to Ashley's stores if it's a rival store. I am meaning photographed at any sports outlet bar sports direct if you catch my drift. Maybe I worded it wrong.

We should further expand on the player sponsorship scheme that people can directly make donations into.
Have different bands of donation and give rewards dependent on support.
Say an introductory level general donation at £50 and that might get a signed birthday card or social media message.
Then graduate it up to a platinum level of say £1,000 where there would be a chance to have a lunch with the player and other incentives, including some match tickets.
A decent range of packages might be attractive to groups of friends and businesses.

Contactless is a fucking must in this day and age/

Any customer focused business is haemorrhaging money not adopting it.

Cash will be obsolete soon. And I know plenty people who simply dont carry cash.

Thats before you even get to the quality of food and service
Cash will never be obsolete, maybe for you but not the majority of people.

The more I think of it, the more I like the idea.

Serves two purposes. Increases money for the club and gets the message out to the world, and more importantly to our fans what Ashley is.

Here is a question. Who owns the rights over historic logos?
I was discussing this on another thread,maybe a subsidiary company could be set up and with Julian Wolhardts connections in China maybe the kit could be manufactured in the far east.I think the fans would buy in to it.Ibrox would be a sea of Blue on match day,revenue for the for the Club and a gedit up you to Ashley at the same time.

Back