Ojo - intriguing tweet?

Are you suggesting we’re told we must play loanees?

It's quite common for loans to have clauses in them for this. I'm sure some state teams must pay extra if the player doesn't play a certain amount of games. Gerrard's touched on it before and I'm sure Warburton mentioned it too.

Without wanting to derail the topic of the thread I think that's why Worrall and Coulibaly (first half of the season) played so much.

It's quite common for loans to have clauses in them for this. I'm sure some state teams must pay extra if the player doesn't play a certain amount of games. Gerrard's touched on it before and I'm sure Warburton mentioned it too.

Without wanting to derail the topic of the thread I think that's why Worrall and Coulibaly (first half of the season) played so much.
The quote at the time concerning the Liverpool players was that Liverpool did not demand these assurances.
I’m sure this is abnormal but that was what was said.

I think the reason we have Ojo all but confirms we won’t get Kent.

This is a wee sweetener.
Unless liverpool are going to sell kent i dont see why they wouldnt loant him back to us. European football, plays every week, performing well, playing in pressurised environment. These are things he wont get being loaned to another club, unless its in the prem but i cant see that happening this year

Unless liverpool are going to sell kent i dont see why they wouldnt loant him back to us. European football, plays every week, performing well, playing in pressurised environment. These are things he wont get being loaned to another club, unless its in the prem but i cant see that happening this year
Playing for a team like Palace would benefit him. Rangers would be good, but a regular in the EPL would be better. I personally don't think he's good enough for the EPL. He'll go to a good Championship team on a permanent deal.

Obligatory

Boy looks like a machine. Travels very well with the ball. Looks to have a sweet left foot.

Too often this season we’ve had Kent being able to take the ball for a run down the left, with Candeias unable to do the same on the right.

If we could have Kent able to run at you on the left and Ojo on the right, I reckon we could be terrifying.

Playing for a team like Palace would benefit him. Rangers would be good, but a regular in the EPL would be better. I personally don't think he's good enough for the EPL. He'll go to a good Championship team on a permanent deal.
If you look at teams of that level then i cant see kent getting in the team. The Epl teams have players better than kent that they will rely upon Like you i think championship is where he would go.

There was no clause in the Coulibaly deal. With Worrall the deal was that if he didn’t make 19 appearances by the Winter break then Forest were able to recall him. If he hadn’t featured then that’s what would have happened, nothing more. We didn’t ‘have to’ play him.

The Kent one is/may be slightly different. Liverpool normally have a lower than average loan fee but insert clauses whereby there is a ‘penalty’ if the player doesn’t reach certain milestones during the course of the loan. To put it into perspective, Bristol City had to pay a penalty of ‘up to £300k’ because Kent didn’t feature enough for them. Whether there was such a clause in our deal remains unclear.

Happened with Worrall.

But it never, did it? That's just more lies and made up pish. He had one clause in his contract, as explicitly stated by the management team, and that was that he could be recalled by Forest no questions asked if they informed us by a certain date (January 8th springs to mind but may be wrong). They never made the contact, end of story.

Not seen anything of this boy.

How does he compare to Kent?

Not too dissimilar players tbh. I'd say Kent probably has a little skill with the ball at his feet, but Ojo is far more experienced at a higher level than Kent was when he came to us, and in terms of final product his range of passing is probably better than Kents, and his finishing is way superior.

Back