Ojo - intriguing tweet?

No issue with him coming.

I just don't want it to turn into the situation where Ejaria and Kent were really under performing at points and would never drop out the team.

Kent thankfully plugged away and hit a real purple patch but he was poor for a sustained period but was never subbed or indeed dropped.

Squad player, be all means but there is nothing to suggest he is a first team player.

I just don't want it to turn into the situation where Ejaria and Kent were really under performing at points and would never drop out the team.

Kent thankfully plugged away and hit a real purple patch but he was poor for a sustained period but was never subbed or indeed dropped.

Squad player, be all means but there is nothing to suggest he is a first team player.

Ojo is one that is further down the line than Ejaria and Kent. He has been part of the first Team set up, his change of pace is electric and his left peg is deadly. He can play on the left or right, if we get Kent back and can play the both the two will torcher Scottish Defences.

Ojo is one that is further down the line than Ejaria and Kent. He has been part of the first Team set up, his change of pace is electric and his left peg is deadly. He can play on the left or right, if we get Kent back and can play the both the two will torcher Scottish Defences.

I think the reason we have Ojo all but confirms we won’t get Kent.

This is a wee sweetener.

I don’t like loans but I must admit this sounds decent

Interesting take.
Would Kent have plugged away and come onto a game if he hadn’t received that faith and persistence?
And are we the club to allow that philosophy?

Our fans certainly ain’t on that page.

I think the reason we have Ojo all but confirms we won’t get Kent.

This is a wee sweetener.
My understanding is that the two are unrelated. With Kent, Klopp wants to see him in pre-season at Liverpool. If Klopp looks at him and sees him as a potential first team/squad player then we will get him back on loan for one more season to develop him further. But if Klopp looks at him and doesn't see him as a potential first team/squad player then he is being sold to the highest bidder. Gerrard is super excited to have secured Ojo. We certainly won't have Kent for pre-season/the UEFA Cup first couple of rounds.

My understanding is that the two are unrelated. With Kent, Klopp wants to see him in pre-season at Liverpool. If Klopp looks at him and sees him as a potential first team/squad player then we will get him back on loan for one more season to develop him further. But if Klopp looks at him and doesn't see him as a potential first team/squad player then he is being sold to the highest bidder. Gerrard is super excited to have secured Ojo. We certainly won't have Kent for pre-season/the UEFA Cup first couple of rounds.
Kent has already said he doesn’t see his future at Liverpool

When was Kent poor and who was a better option than him at that time?

Next season is the season Legends are going to be made at our Club.

If I was a player, Id want to be part of that, as opposed to a relegation battle or a mid table non event.

Initially I was sceptical and made the point that we don’t need anymore loans / bosmans and the next signings should be serious investments, but he does look very good in the videos. If he can do the biz and notch up say 8 assists and 12 goals - I certainly won’t be complaining.

It's been said a few times that this deal does not mean Kent won't be coming. I think we'll get the both of them. We already know what we're getting with Kent and if ojo is as good as people say he is we'll terrorise defences next season. Exciting time to be a Rangers fan

When was Kent poor and who was a better option than him at that time?

Glad I'm not the only one wondering this. At worst he had 2 or 3 poor games in a row, definitely nothing 'sustained' as he puts it and nothing to warrant being dropped either.

Last edited:
Initially I was sceptical and made the point that we don’t need anymore loans / bosmans and the next signings should be serious investments, but he does look very good in the videos. If he can do the biz and notch up say 8 assists and 12 goals - I certainly won’t be complaining.
Ojo is nearer to premier league football than Ejaria or Kent were.
He's played a handful of games for Liverpool already, has 3 loans in England all at Chsmpionship level and spent this season in Ligue 1.
He already has over 80 first team games under his belt, all at Championship or above.

He definitely has a much more impressive CV than the two boys we got this season.

Are you suggesting we’re told we must play loanees?

It’s hard to tell with YouTube videos but he looks better than Kent, a wide man who can score goals would make a massive difference. If we could get goal scorers both sides it’d make all the difference.

That clip makes him look phenomenal .

If he’s half as good as that in real life then we are Fcking lucky to be getting him !

Rotating front 3 of Kent, Gray and Ojo would have Scottish defences bleeding out their arses

Yes please !

Back