Ojo taking one touch too many

Its only my opinion, like @rseholes everybody has one.

Had my doubts about ejaria last season when folk were raving.

As ive said in another thread out management team have forgotten more about football than i will ever know so if they are content to go with what we have then i trust them.

I suspect they wont be.

Ejaria was prone to going missing in a position you can't really afford to go missing.

Ojo is a different player in a different position, I'm slowly but surely coming round to him based on his pre-season and Euro performances.

He likes a shot from outside the box as well, something we've been lacking.

Hope to be wrong but has all the signs of being another Ejarie & Coulibaly

What?

He was brave enough to keep driving at them, he created a couple of chances, looked more dangerous than the rest of the team, and he’s already weighed in with a few goals.

How on earth does that lead you to feel he might be another Ejaria or Coulibaly?

Slag him off as much as you will, he is a terrific talent but, one day soon and in a football stadium near you, he will deliver what many can already see !

What does it take :rolleyes:

Okaaaaay.

In the 7 games and 101/2 hours of football i have watched us play so far my opinion of ojo thus far is.

Positives.

Quick and good acceleration.
Has scored a couple of goals.
Obviously talented.

Negatives.

Takes 4 or 5 touches when 1 or 2 would suffice, both when shooting and when releasing a pass.
Rather than turning into space or running into space he often turns into opposition players or runs into blind alleys and crowded areas.
Often tried to cut inside which opposition players seem to/ will wise up to in our league.
Takes wrong option and passes when should shoot and vice versa.

Missed the game tonight hence my ‘not a knee jerk reaction’ comment.

Ojo along with arfield are out first choice attacking narrow wide players with kent now not coming back and i have concerns that we have a poorer first choice front 3 this year in Comparison to last year when we won nothing.

Not quite understanding the need for the comments of Kent/Arfield as this is about Ojo, but hey ho.

So 3 positives and 3 negatives? Where the positives are just...............positive??????

After 7 games (no need for the hour breakdown), only 4 competitive games in among those, against ultra defensive teams, your not convinced......

Okaaaaay mate, thanks for the reply.

What?

He was brave enough to keep driving at them, he created a couple of chances, looked more dangerous than the rest of the team, and he’s already weighed in with a few goals.

How on earth does that lead you to feel he might be another Ejaria or Coulibaly?

Agreed, what does it take for some peops on here to 'get a grip' ?

I think Ojo is prone to taking 1 to many touches at times but there’s no doubting that he drives the team on in an attacking sense. He will come good and I think will score double figures in the league

I think tonight we were setup far to narrow up front which didn’t help Defoe...

F uck me it's started already, Ojo will be better than Kent was for us and will score alot more goals plus his final ball will be better. I love Kent and he was class but Ojo will be better.

Hope he can build up a bit more confidence in using his right foot more often.

That's his only negative for me.

Not quite understanding the need for the comments of Kent/Arfield as this is about Ojo, but hey ho.

So 3 positives and 3 negatives? Where the positives are just...............positive??????

After 7 games (no need for the hour breakdown), only 4 competitive games in among those, against ultra defensive teams, your not convinced......

Okaaaaay mate, thanks for the reply.

Yes over the 7 games i have watched ojo (including 4 competitive games) i am not convinced that he will be a success for us.

Not really sure what your point is regarding me pointing out the positives i see in him but heyho.

The reason i made reference to other players(kent especially) is that we won nothing last year.

Ergo we need to be better this year.

I dont think ojo is.

Furthermore i think our attacking first choice 3 are weaker than last season.

I hope you allow me to have this viewpoint, id really appreciate it

Yes over the 7 games i have watched ojo (including 4 competitive games) i am not convinced that he will be a success for us.

Not really sure what your point is regarding me pointing out the positives i see in him but heyho.

The reason i made reference to other players(kent especially) is that we won nothing last year.

Ergo we need to be better this year.

I dont think ojo is.

Furthermore i think our attacking first choice 3 are weaker than last season.

I hope you allow me to have this viewpoint, id really appreciate it

Have any viewpoint you want mate, you posted you were not convinced regarding the individual that is Ojo, and that it was not knee jerk, I only asked you why.

You've based this on only 7 games at a new club with new players, on top of that, only 4 games were competitive and against ultra negative opposition, you then introduced 2 other players by name.
It makes little sense.

You are welcome to your viewpoint. Crack on with the negativity.

If I'm being honest I think he's quite lazy. He gives away silly fouls by attempting to make a challenge when he's not in the correct position to do it. Running an extra half yard or so would fix this.

Have any viewpoint you want mate, you posted you were not convinced regarding the individual that is Ojo, and that it was not knee jerk, I only asked you why.

You've based this on only 7 games at a new club with new players, on top of that, only 4 games were competitive and against ultra negative opposition, you then introduced 2 other players by name.
It makes little sense.

You are welcome to your viewpoint. Crack on with the negativity.

And Ive tried to explain my reasons why im not convinced.

Ive also explained the reasons why i brought kent and arfield into it.

Im unsure if your being deliberately obtuse or just plain dim if it makes no sense to you.

In as plain english as i can muster i am concerned that the player sheyi ojo who in my opinion has been brought in to be a starter in our strongest 11 may not be the player we need him to be.

We need to be better all over the park than we were last season or we win nothing.

I havent wrote him off but in my own words i am not convinced by what i have seen so far

If being concerned that the attacking part of our team and ojo in particular are no better or worse than we were last season means i am negative in your opinion then i suppose im just gonna need to live with that.

Sorry this is bollocks.

He was trying to do everything himself as nobody was showing for him when he was running at their box. The problem was nobody was getting on the end of his passes or when they did were fluffing their chances.

And Ive tried to explain my reasons why im not convinced.

Ive also explained the reasons why i brought kent and arfield into it.

Im unsure if your being deliberately obtuse or just plain dim if it makes no sense to you.

In as plain english as i can muster i am concerned that the player sheyi ojo who in my opinion has been brought in to be a starter in our strongest 11 may not be the player we need him to be.

We need to be better all over the park than we were last season or we win nothing.

I havent wrote him off but in my own words i am not convinced by what i have seen so far

If being concerned that the attacking part of our team and ojo in particular are no better or worse than we were last season means i am negative in your opinion then i suppose im just gonna need to live with that.

Not obtuse or dim thanks.

In as plain english as you can muster, you seem to have already judged him based on very limited match time with a new club with new team mates.
Your positive points outweighed the negatives for any reasonable thinking football fan.

You've not wrote him off, but you just want it noted you knew better early doors in the off chance that he fails................covering all the bases.

Get behind the lad ffs.

The thing is, that wee 20 minute burst of skill, pace and strength is exactly what we were missing in a lot of the draws last year.

When he gets on it, he’s too powerful - he’ll either run round you or run through you.

I think he’ll be a massive asset.

He was far and away the best player tonight. Which doesn’t mean that he was electric but he was involved in anything we did well. Final ball can be better but I don’t expect the finish article from a Liverpool loan player. I’m pretty confident that he will have an excellent season.

He’ll hopefully improve as the season progresses. He knows where the goal is but disappears from the game. It’s still early doors so not overly concerned

Not convinced about him at all. Loans very rarely work out, particularly with young players. We got lucky last year with Kent but even he was inconsistent. My concern is he needs to play X amount of games and by the looks of it he will get the game time required, he has no real direct competition for his place. With no Kent or Candeias we are much weaker in the wide areas.

Mental thread, the guy was far and away our best player last night. I genuinely don’t know what goes through people’s minds at times. He does take too many touches, but at least he was taking touches getting on the ball and looking to make things happen, the same can’t really be said for his team mates in that game.

Not convinced about him at all. Loans very rarely work out, particularly with young players. We got lucky last year with Kent but even he was inconsistent. My concern is he needs to play X amount of games and by the looks of it he will get the game time required, he has no real direct competition for his place. With no Kent or Candeias we are much weaker in the wide areas.

I get this feeling candieas will soon be a super star, the longer he is away the better he will become according to some on here .

I get this feeling candieas will soon be a super star, the longer he is away the better he will become according to some on here .

Nope, Candeias was inconsistent at best but definitely a handy player to have a round the squad. Irrelevant now as he wanted to leave, so we move on. But the fact is Ojo has little to no competition.

What?

Come back to me 4 month from now

Exactly how Kent started, looking forward to watching this lad develop over the season.

Good luck son :)

My worry with Ojo is how he will cope with the rough and tumble of our league particularly during the winter months.

The hammer throwers will be lining up to have a go there is nothing surer.
Hope the lad knows what to expect and he comes on to a game very quickly.
He just has to.

My worry with Ojo is how he will cope with the rough and tumble of our league particularly during the winter months.

He just has to.

In his defence he’s been kicked about in a few games so far and he’s bounced straight up and kept at it

Not worried about him getting tough treatment

In his defence he’s been kicked about in a few games so far and he’s bounced straight up and kept at it

Not worried about him getting tough treatment

I think you know what i'm talking about though mate.
The dirty tackles that our players were subjected to last season that went unpunished.
Some of these tackles were horrendous.
Just hope the lad knows what's coming.

He looks like he is playing in 3rd gear but then all of a sudden he switches into 5th and destroys teams, he has do much talent and we need to get every last bit out of him.

He will be a massive player for us

He just has to.

To be fair, he has spent his life in the tropical climates of London, Milton Keynes and Liverpool.

No wonder you’re concerned about how he’ll cope with the harsh Glasgow winters.

Even when he is having a quiet game he is still getting into excellent goalscoring positions. I fancy him to get 10-15 goals this season.

Is this not something all the players are guilty of?

Think SG was touching on that last night in his post match comments when he said the players seemed to be trying to score 'the perfect goal'.

Decent on target shots from outside the box are something we need to work on. Always the chance of a spill from the keeper that opens up a shooting opportunity for someone in the box. Think we would all have been happy with a couple of scrappy goals last night!

Remember Ejaria last year when he first arrived? Hung on to the ball too long, tried to do too much and didn't get stuck in. Didn't take long for that to be coached out of him as he played more games.

Need to give these guys time to get used to our style of play and dealing with defensive teams.

the flip side of it is
in the latter stages - if the players in the box had attacked the ball rather than standing waiting on it
due to Ojos drive, we'd have had 3 goals at least

They all do it, it's still one of our biggest weaknesses at times
Agreed. As much as we play good football there's still a little bit too much of an element of "walk it into the net" for me (thats not an endorsement to go route 1 before anyone complains!).

To be fair, he has spent his life in the tropical climates of London, Milton Keynes and Liverpool.

No wonder you’re concerned about how he’ll cope with the harsh Glasgow winters.

Nothing to worry about then,he'll skoosh it against the hammer throwers up here.

Put it this way, he's ahead of where Kent was (at the same point last year) in effectiveness and performances. And he'll only get better imo

Should have had two assists following two excellent individual runs in which he went past multiple defenders and put it across for tap ins. Almost scored as well.

Despite being booted every time he got the ball.

Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing.

If Morelos and Aribo score their tap ins we are then talking about how good a game he had. Nature of this place.

The truth is, he was in and out the game and then came to life in the last 15 minutes, he missed a good chance on his right foot but then ran amok afterwards. I think he looks like he has more about him than Kent (decent player but I don't understand the complete and utter love in people have for him). Give the boy time. We have seen in flashes what he is capable of.

Back