Ojo today

bringbackmols

Is it just me or was Ojo's reaction after the last 2 goals (particularly the 4th) one of a man who is unhappy?

He did really well to win the ball back, arguable should have squared it the first place but had a wee pop at goal which we can't complain at I guess, but he was practically pushing Stewart off him when he went to thank/celebrate with him.

Personally not a fan of that reaction and i'd prefer to see any of Stewart, Arfield or Aribo on that right hand side slot if that's his attitude given that he isn't setting the heather alight.

I noticed that watching the highlights too.

I’ve not really been able to take to him since he joined us so I’m potentially over critical of him.

Is it just me or was Ojo's reaction after the last 2 goals (particularly the 4th) one of a man who is unhappy?

He did really well to win the ball back, arguable should have squared it the first place but had a wee pop at goal which we can't complain at I guess, but he was practically pushing Stewart off him when he went to thank/celebrate with him.

Personally not a fan of that reaction and i'd prefer to see any of Stewart, Arfield or Aribo on that right hand side slot if that's his attitude given that he isn't setting the heather alight.

Yep noticed the same. Wasn’t like Stewart was wheeling away, lapping it up, he ran straight towards him to thank him.

Im not a fan at all of him, however I can see it getting ugly yes. The amount of chances he's had others could only dream of..

Actually feel sorry for him at the moment the fans are clearly on his back at Ibrox.

He’s not really helped himself.

He gives off the impression that everything he does is half arsed

His first two contributions today was an easy ball across goal which he somehow squinted and put straight into the keepers hands and shortly before that there was another easy ball on that he fluffed.

Done well with the tackle for Stewart’s goal and really should have scored himself but hit it straight at the keeper and thankfully we got it into the net eventually.

If truth be told, IMO he’s not cut out for us playing in front of a demanding crowd. Our home fans in general are poor and offer little support but I’d happily see Ojo returning to Liverpool in January.

Might just be the reaction from the stands for his first couple of pass attempts after coming on. Hes a young lad learning his trade, hes at a club where we demand success, might be too big a burden for him to carry.
When hes on his game like he was against Hibs he is a very good player.

No fucking wonder, our fans treat him like dirt. It's an absolute disgrace.

And continue to do so after Mick Beale pleaded with us not to in his RTV interview.

Howls of derision at Ojo three mins after he came on - we were 3-0 up at the time too. The abuse we give some players is toxic.

I don’t rate Ojo mostly btw but the abuse is embarrassing.

I had no issue with him personally before I saw that today.

To be fair I understand every man has emotions and if this is a direct result of him feeling unloved from the support, then I can appreciate that.

But I hope it's short lived because I do believe he has some talent.

No one is blameless, but ultimately the buck stops with Ojo. The fans have reacted to what have been relatively poor performances recently, if he's surprised at that, then he doesn't really get it.

The best way to shut the fans up is to play more like he did today, rather than how he played on Thursday.

Said it before on here, when he is up for it he is harder working than Candeias and he has better product. He shits himself against defenders that are quick, or have quick feet and that’s when he struggles.

No doubt the guy has talent but seems like an empty shirt at times but he's not the only one, we need 11 players at the top of their game to push on and win us 55

The lad has attributes but too often he looks like his L plates are weighing him down.
However, like any player, young or old, he would play better if given more encouragement from the stands.
He needs to feel some love from the support and if he gets it, then who knows.
His goal against Feyenoord was a peach, so we all know he is capable of more.

Im not a fan at all of him, however I can see it getting ugly yes. The amount of chances he's had others could only dream of..

what chances exactly?
assuming you’re aware he was playing through an injury because of a lack of cover for a good few weeks as well?
The stick he gets is unreal, he’s a young boy, raw, will make mistakes, to people looking but not seeing he looks lazy and his body language makes him look languid

He looked hungry today when he came on. Then one bad pass and the moans and groans from the crowd started again. Completely lacking in confidence hopefully can come on in midweek and get a goal which might get him going

He looked hungry today when he came on. Then one bad pass and the moans and groans from the crowd started again. Completely lacking in confidence hopefully can come on in midweek and get a goal which might get him going

Exactly. He looks terrified to try anything.

The fact Gerrard and Beale have referenced the crowd getting on players back should be concerning but the abuse continues
- it does no good to us.

When will people ever learn that we should be there to "support" and help our players, especially if things aren't going perfect for a player. We really are toxic at times - and it's wrong.

I think it’s probably because fairly often he looks like he goes through the motions whilst offering very little when on the ball.

There’s been many players who haven’t been great on the ball but if they put in effort then fans will appreciate that.

Ojo gives neither far too consistently hence why he has come in for a hard time of late.

what chances exactly?
assuming you’re aware he was playing through an injury because of a lack of cover for a good few weeks as well?
The stick he gets is unreal, he’s a young boy, raw, will make mistakes, to people looking but not seeing he looks lazy and his body language makes him look languid

A lot of toxic attitudes exist in our support. We've got a magnitude of fannies who like to bang on about players not being 'Rangers Class'. All while behaving in a way that is anything but 'Rangers Class'. Playing our best football in years and they won't let up.

Oddly these are the same people who wonder why we don't play our own youth players. Like somehow Ibrox is going to become a more forgiving place because the wee guy who gave the ball away a few times came from our academy.

When will people ever learn that we should be there to "support" and help our players, especially if things aren't going perfect for a player. We really are toxic at times - and it's wrong.

Our home "support" never fails to amaze me at times :(
Im not there to support passengers

As I said in a previous re the atmosphere at Ibrox no wonder when we have absolute Moon Howlers in our support who have never seen a ball or played football at any level or have a single clue about football abusing players week in week out or moaning at our players.

Ojo in my opinion is not an upgrade on Candieas who we sold and has no more potential than Jake Hastie who we sent out on loan, he is a strange signing and his form at the moment is poor, he did however come out and say his mental strength would get him through this period, that being the case he has to start showing it.

I think he has the potential to be a really good player but he either needs to realise that potential soon or he just isn't capable of showing it in a rangers shirt he is rapid and for a winger of his size he should be dribbling by and holding off defenders with ease but he very rarely gets by his man and his finishing passing and crossing are hit and miss at best and then there is times where he gives up on situations to easily

When he has no time to think he can do some good stuff as he showed today.

Give him a few seconds and a decision to make and he’s like a rabbit/deer in the headlights, as he also showed today.

I think he was just gutted he didn’t get a goal in all honesty, I think he’s feeling the pressure from the support.

Done really well for the goal where he won it off Hickey , reaction did seem like somebody who couldn’t care less though and looks a young guy struggling with the pressure of playing for us.

I don't think we'll miss him when he goes back,just as well it's a loan. I'd rather a young bear got his place,clearly not interested,jury is still out with Aribo,although he's scored goals,not giving enough.

Looking at it completely the wrong way. Young guy under pressure of 50k fans and is so close to getting a goal and it doesnt come off. Think of you reaction in that exact moment? Guy could do with a goal to help him right now, oh and also shit like this being put his way.

Back