Ojo today

Trouble is, he is away from home playing in a league full of hammer throwers, so if he can't man up and put a shift in then he can get back down the road to the fluffy comfort blanket of Liverpool reserves.

Some of these fucking primadona fairies need to pull their socks up and get on with it - came in with big talk about his talent and how he would be able to express himself freely, so far we have seen lazy insipid performances and a huffy response to criticism.

put yourself on the pedestal as a professional footballer earning tens of thousands a week and you can rightly expect criticism.

He has been fucking shite.

Right, the first two or three paragraphs are opinions (shite ones but I can let them go)

That last line though...that's just the mark of a clown, You'll be the sort of cretin at a game that does nothing but moan and moan and MOAN his arse off with not a good word to say about anything.

The kind of person that I fail to see why they attend matches as it just makes them angry and gets no enjoyment from football at Ibrox.

Is Ojo still our leading goal scoring and assisting wide player from the pool of the first team options? He was before Saturday where £7m man Kent might just have over taken him. That suggests he's not been "fucking shite"

Aye, very good.

As a paying supporter, I'll think and say what I want regarding individual players and the team as a whole.

Are you one of these modern day 'offended' types?

"but..but...I paid IN! I can say what I like. I'll act like a child and scream and scream until someone pays ME attention"

Spare us your shite.

Sorry lads, but that is life as a footballer.

There's life as a football being groaned at when things don't go well and there's the sort of vile idiocy which sees people think they'll just be able to scream abuse at players without anyone calling them out as being OTT.

There's life as a football being groaned at when things don't go well and there's the sort of vile idiocy which sees people think they'll just be able to scream abuse at players without anyone calling them out as being OTT.
Agree. Not condoning some of the abuse dished out. Far from it.

will you ever stop the vile idiocy?

no. That’s why these guys just have to be thick skinned and get on with it.

The reason he gets so much stick IMO is because there is a quality player in there.
He has the attributes and technique.
However we don't see it often enough in fact sometimes he fails to even do the basics correctly.

For every Feyenoord shot at goal, driven, accurate, powerful and scoring we get 10+ passback type shots which is frustrating as hell.

He made a couple good runs when he came on and an easy pass was on but he lazily played it behind or not with enough pace and it got intercepted and Hearts could counter.
Against a decent team those types of lapses in concentration can and we've seen already proved to be costly.

Overall there is a player there, but he needs to show more.
I think Greg Stewart might be better option on the right for now.

Agree. Not condoning some of the abuse dished out. Far from it.

will you ever stop the vile idiocy?

no. That’s why these guys just have to be thick skinned and get on with it.

I'm not so sure. If these people realise they're loud voices are in a minority it might just waken them up to the fact that they're the pricks in the situation, not the footballer they're screaming at.

There's been mentally tough enough to play football and then there's having to listen to people on the verge of a heart attack screaming abuse with no fucking knowledge of the game.

We are in a Cup Final.

We are top of our EL Group with 1 game left.

1 goal off top spot in the league when we are in the middle of a tough run of fixtures.

We've lost 1 game all season domestically.

We are scoring goals for fun. Hardly conceding.

Yet, fans want to concentrate on a young guy who's confidence is shattered to bits.

Quite frankly a good portion of our fans are arseholes who dont deserve a cup win to celebrate this weekend.

I don't have the stats to hand, but i'm pretty sure Ojo has more goals and assists than any other winger at Rangers this season. Sure the guy frustrates but people need to get a grip with their criticism, it's ott.

How about this..

We’re having a great season so far.

Some morons do go over the top with some of the things they shout.

Ojo has been pretty poor this season and deserves criticism for some of his performances.

What I saw yesterday was him not being gutsy enough - he ran in a straight line to get the ball and had the pace and strength to beat the guy chasing him, should have continued on but in choosing to turn he got dispossessed!
So I've said it before his decision making is very poor.
He must be struggling and our support do not help him but by god if he make 3 better decisions a game it would see a difference. He would be able to build on that. Alfredo in particular gets frustrated when he is in a fantastic position and Ojo chooses another pass.
I can see him going back to Liverpool and that might be best all round as I think Stewart and Jones staying fit and ready are both better options on the right.

Right, the first two or three paragraphs are opinions (shite ones but I can let them go)

That last line though...that's just the mark of a clown, You'll be the sort of cretin at a game that does nothing but moan and moan and MOAN his arse off with not a good word to say about anything.

The kind of person that I fail to see why they attend matches as it just makes them angry and gets no enjoyment from football at Ibrox.

Is Ojo still our leading goal scoring and assisting wide player from the pool of the first team options? He was before Saturday where £7m man Kent might just have over taken him. That suggests he's not been "fucking shite"
Imagine ifhe was confident and made the better decisions. This is what he is learning but we need him now not in 12 months.

What I saw yesterday was him not being gutsy enough - he ran in a straight line to get the ball and had the pace and strength to beat the guy chasing him, should have continued on but in choosing to turn he got dispossessed!
So I've said it before his decision making is very poor.
He must be struggling and our support do not help him but by god if he make 3 better decisions a game it would see a difference. He would be able to build on that. Alfredo in particular gets frustrated when he is in a fantastic position and Ojo chooses another pass.
I can see him going back to Liverpool and that might be best all round as I think Stewart and Jones staying fit and ready are both better options on the right.
I can only assume you missed the 4th goal.

How about this..

We’re having a great season so far.

Some morons do go over the top with some of the things they shout.

Ojo has been pretty poor this season and deserves criticism for some of his performances.

Constructive criticism is absolutely fine. Howls of derision before he even gets on the park are utterly unacceptable and is cuntish behaviour.

I'm not so sure. If these people realise they're loud voices are in a minority it might just waken them up to the fact that they're the pricks in the situation, not the footballer they're screaming at.

There's been mentally tough enough to play football and then there's having to listen to people on the verge of a heart attack screaming abuse with no fucking knowledge of the game.
Agree again. But when you are relying on the lowest common denominator here you will always struggle. These types don’t have the self awareness or mental capacity to learn or change. Perhaps bans is the answer.

That moment aside my point stands.
Hopefully its a turning point.
But if he was pushing Stewart away it talks to his state of mind...
So you did see him being gutsy enough?
To a point that he left the Hearts player on his arse.

Your point simply doesn't stand.

I'm not big on the criticism myself but if its affecting his play then maybe hes isn't cut out for playing under the pressure he currently is.
What I dont buy into is this claim that out support own the rights on giving players stick or are the most impatient etc etc.
A quick watch of serie A or even the EPL blows that theory out the window.

Probably because they want to remind people of how wrong they may have been in the past. Quite simply getting on someone’s back at 3 up is embarrassing. Maybe try and get behind him to lift him up. It’s really not that hard is it. He was not given a new contract at Liverpool because he’s shite.

Equally though for every Barisic that’s turned it around, there’s probably been about 5 or 10 that haven’t.

Take Ojo in his own merit. He’s offering nowhere near enough.

Liverpool have given him a new deal to protect their asset in the hope he’d do another Kent and they could sell for big money. Not because they believe he’s going to break into their first team

Would be interested to see Ojo’s breakdown of assists and goals regarding the opposition tbh. I suspect a few of them would have been against the plumbers we played in the early qualifiers

Im not his biggest fan by any means but it must be frustrating for the guy the way some of our fans get on his back

Some folk are desperate for him to make a mistake

We are in a Cup Final.

1 goal off top spot in the league when we are in the middle of a tough run of fixtures.

Yet, fans want to concentrate on a young guy who's confidence is shattered to bits.

Quite frankly a good portion of our fans are arseholes who dont deserve a cup win to celebrate this weekend.

There’s always room for improvement

We’re doing great as a team but some players are being carried as passengers. Ojo, Arfield and Aribo to an extent pop into my head.

Guys with ability that should be offering more

Constructive criticism is fine. Ojo’s first two involvements yesterday should have been simple balls across the goal for a tap in yet one he squinted into the keepers hands.

Because we’re playing well doesn’t mean all players regardless of performances should be exempt from criticism.

We’ve won nothing yet. Players got stick even during the 9iar years, during Walter Smiths second spell as well.

It’s not new

I can only assume you missed the 4th goal.

That doesn't suit the agenda though.

Here's three stills (I've done three so it's not just a biased one frame) over the course of a fraction of a second.

In the first one, it nearly looks like Stewart is open but when you look at the timeframe (it's still on 13 seconds) and what happens, he probably wasn't. It looks like Ojo knows this from the way the move goes.

People are saying he shout have passed to Stewart. From recovering the ball from a great challenge against the Hearts player, Ojo has less than a second from that point until what happens in the pictures. If he'd passed to GS, the two Hearts players (as you can see as they move towards GS) would have shut him down and the chance would have been lost.

Stewart is atually backing away from Ojo as the move goes on and is (unknowingly) giving the Hearts players a change to close him down.

Ojo actually does well to even get a shot on target given Berra's positioning.

Stewart is very intelligent with his run to the back post while all this is happening.

It's not a "Forrester should have passed to Dodoo" moment but it won't stop people criticising Ojo as they won't accept what has been shown above.

We got a bit lucky to get a goal from it. Berating Ojo for his part in it doesn't really make sense...then people wonder why he wasn't delighted as the goal went in.

Going by some of the posts on here, there's every chance some cretin in the Copland Front is still screaming abuse at him for not passing it despite the ball being in the back of the net.

Would be interested to see Ojo’s breakdown of assists and goals regarding the opposition tbh. I suspect a few of them would have been against the plumbers we played in the early qualifiers

Perhaps, but we're not discounting Aflie's goals in those games as we're hoping he beats Negri's record so I'm not for twisting the agenda to suit for Ojo.

"but..but...I paid IN! I can say what I like. I'll act like a child and scream and scream until someone pays ME attention"

Spare us your shite.
Who's screaming?

I've an opinion. I don't feel the need to shout about it nor care what others think.

What really annoys me is certain fans who expect every singe player to be an 8 or 9 every week ,its ridiculous ! we are having a great season so far and can hardly ask anymore of the players.

Just think back to 18/19 months ago and the position we found ourselves in, it has been a remarkable turnaround

Get off Ojo's back ! we can visibly see its effecting him now and its touch to watch.

Harsh in the extreme mate, he's a raw young talented boy, pre season and early Euro games we were raving about him a bit, if you're not happy about playing passengers take it up with Mr G.
There's the rub mate.We were raving about him,he does have the ability but he needs to buck up on his attitude at times and I think that's the reason some supporters get frustrated.

So you did see him being gutsy enough?
To a point that he left the Hearts player on his arse.

Your point simply doesn't stand.
Just because he does it once in 20 games does not mean my point doesn't stand.
I hope he improves.

Aye, very good.

As a paying supporter, I'll think and say what I want regarding individual players and the team as a whole.

Are you one of these modern day 'offended' types?

Are you one of these ancient ‘angry’ types?

The manager and Beale have come out asking the howling to stop but you don’t give a %^*& about that do you?

I see a team that is playing for each other. That's all you can ask for. If he wasn't trying I think the manager would recognise it and do something about it. Let's get behind the team that's on the pitch

i had a discussion at the a game recently with someone stating "he has contributed nothing at all"
pointing out the 3pts and ££££ for the Feyenoord game wasn't enough apparently

How long ago was that? It's basically all he's done for us.

Perhaps, but we're not discounting Aflie's goals in those games as we're hoping he beats Negri's record so I'm not for twisting the agenda to suit for Ojo.

Obviously not...but people using Ojo's stats to somehow prove that he's did well for us is misleading. He's like a man down at times and if he's the man we're going to stick with all season we'll be in trouble.

Look across the city. They have Forrest, Elyounoussi, Sinclair, Christie, Johnston and probably a few others. I'd take every one of them over Ojo at this moment in time and he's usually a starter for us.

We are in a Cup Final.

Or fans can see that we've 'achieved' all of that despite carrying a passenger or two along the way.

If Ojo is struggling for confidence (which he clearly is) then maybe Gerrard should take him out the firing line if he can't cope.

Last edited:

Or if you break down the stats it shows that he's done a lot of that against part timers in the Europa League or he's contributed in league games where the game is already done.

Anyone saying he's been anything other than poor hasn't got a clue.

Just because he does it once in 20 games does not mean my point doesn't stand.
I hope he improves.

You said
"What I saw yesterday was him not being gutsy enough"

Absolutely nothing to do with 20 games, unless we played 19 others yesterday that only you know about.

Like I said, your point absolutely doesn't stand.

There are potential longer term repercussion of abusing players, especially loan players.

Just now, Ejaria is seen as a 1 off. However, if Ojo goes back as well complaining about the support & how it's not a conducive environment for young guys to learn in, then this potentially hurts us longer term for getting loans in, especially from Liverpool, or potentially signing some youngsters permanently.

There are potential longer term repercussion of abusing players, especially loan players.

Just now, Ejaria is seen as a 1 off. However, if Ojo goes back as well complaining about the support & how it's not a conducive environment for young guys to learn in, then this potentially hurts us longer term for getting loans in, especially from Liverpool, or potentially signing some youngsters permanently.

Or it tells Liverpool all they need to know about the mentality of some of their players

Or if you break down the stats it shows that he's done a lot of that against part timers in the Europa League or he's contributed in league games where the game is already done.

Anyone saying he's been anything other than poor hasn't got a clue.

Go and break down the stats for us then. I mean there's people denying his involvement on Stewart's first goal already.

I don't think you can count his 3 point and £350,000 worth winning goal against Feyenoord as being against "part timers" in the Europa league.

People throw this stuff out and never want to back it up as the facts quite often don't suit.

No one is really suggesting we might go and spend £7m on him in July like we did with Kent. What people are taking issue with is posters saying "he's been utter shite" or doing down any achievements as him being poor.

Even if you want to aim the criticism of him only setting up chances when we're 3-0 up and he's come on as a sub after 60 minutes like yesterday, those goals are keeping in touching distance at the top in terms of goal difference.

People will be moaning about the way he laces up his boots next.

*edit* Just FYI for all the "only against part timers stuff" he scored one against each of St Joseph's and Progres but more importantly against Midtjylland he scored 1 and set up 2 in a 3-1 win against a team we'd all been slightly concerned about.

Which of those three goals in a 3-1 win were the one which were "where the game is already done"?

Last edited:
You said
"What I saw yesterday was him not being gutsy enough"

Absolutely nothing to do with 20 games, unless we played 19 others yesterday that only you know about.

Like I said, your point absolutely doesn't stand.
Once and yes it lead to a goal but the moment I'm referring to he was in no way gutsy enough.

Go and break down the stats for us then. I mean there's people denying his involvement on Stewart's first goal already.

I don't think you can count his 3 point and £350,000 worth winning goal against Feyenoord as being against "part timers" in the Europa league.

People throw this stuff out and never want to back it up as the facts quite often don't suit.

No one is really suggesting we might go and spend £7m on him in July like we did with Kent. What people are taking issue with is posters saying "he's been utter shite" or doing down any achievements as him being poor.

Even if you want to aim the criticism of him only setting up chances when we're 3-0 up and he's come on as a sub after 60 minutes like yesterday, those goals are keeping in touching distance at the top in terms of goal difference.

People will be moaning about the way he laces up his boots next.

Truth is, he has been poor for us

Not taking anything away from his goal against Feyenoord but that was another poor performance from him aside from the goal.

He’s just not giving us enough.

He doesn't push Stewart away. Ojo walks towards GS to tap his hand. It's great play when Ojo when you see where he originally comes from to win the ball.
Somewhere on this thread someone said he shoved Stewart away at the celebration.
My rtv was a nightmare yesterday so I didn't see half the goals never mind the celebration and I do say IF

Once and yes it lead to a goal but the moment I'm referring to he was in no way gutsy enough.
So your happy to discount his work at the 4th goal to make a point that is utterly ripped apart by his work at the 4th goal?

Seems fair. :rolleyes:

I kind of back the things Gerrard thinks about football more than I do folks with a history of talking shit on a forum...

Gerrard and his selections, signings are being validated on the big muckle green thing.

Some of the opinions on this thread are absolutely howling.

Ojo is the best we have in that position for the style we played for the first three quarters of the game. Stewart suited the style we played the last quarter.

The people who find it acceptable to abuse our players are actively harming our chances to win the league and have been warned off doing it by our management staff. This makes them utter clowns.

Back