Ojo - what does he offer?

Case in point. Hes so far away for me. Makes you wonder what the likes of Middleton done wrong.

I think Gerrard probably just seen Middleton as a young guy who could be doing with playing every week - nothing wrong with that.

He probably expected Ojo to be a good addition to the squad as well which doesn't seem to be the case.

Case in point. Hes so far away for me. Makes you wonder what the likes of Middleton done wrong.

Mate currently Middleton can't even get a game for shitey hibs whereas Ojo scored a screamer that massively contributed to us qualifying. You're talking nonsense and I say that as someone who doesn't rate Ojo and has high hopes for Middleton.

He gave the ball and foul away which contributed to the equaliser. He allows people to drift past him so easily and then hesitates and realises he must chase back to try and recover the ball. That delay usually results in a desperation mistimed tackle on an opponent. He's been shocking.

Think he's trying too hard. Lacks a wee bit of confidence now. Probably needs to play the easy pass instead of running into trouble. Unpopular opinion but I think there's a player in there. Crash helmet on.

PS He paid for his keep for the season with that goal against Feyenoord.

Fs give the guy a break eh? A young lad came on, made a good tackle, got a shot on target. How about supporting the team? Maybe if the majority didn’t turn up tonight, moan, groan and shout their way through the game. See if they got behind the team raised the roof and put the pressure on them, we would be discussing how we finished top. Shambles of a home support at times. Sick of it.

Im not going to slate the boy. He's living many of our dream. But i feel its not going to work out at Ibrox for him. I hope he proves me wrong. Just as i hoped barasic did and has. But i just dont see it.

I think he has it all but just never puts it together, never uses his pace properly which frustrates me for someone so quick

I called him out very early on and got lambasted because he had scored a few goals. It was obvious he wasn't ready. He deserves better treatment but the fact is he's out his depth. There's clearly some form of appearance number he needs to hit, there's no way Gerrard thinks he's the best option off the bench.

His foul epitomised everything wrong with him.

lazy to let the guy run off him, then a stupid tackle to give away the foul.

Feel for him at times, but he just doesn’t get it.

Agreed

The lad just is not good enough, will never make it at Liverpool.

Another yawn thread slagging off our players. Be nice if we tried supporting the fucking team for a change. For the record, he’s a great player who will do well when people get of his back, but then I said the same about our big Croatian full back, so what do I know.

Why do people say there is a player in there, he just needs a run of games etc?
What are you basing this on?
The goal against Feyenoord apart the boy is rank rotten and falling into the worse than a man short category.

A fucking idiot behind me was shouting abuse at Ojo as soon as he came on.

We are here to support our players, but fans can’t wait to have a pop at a young man, who was coming into a side that to a man were really struggling for ball retention and control of the game.

The abuse he gets really is shocking.

...and how did Ojo effect our ball retention and control of the game?
I'll never slate players at the game but I can complerely understand how that guy felt.
Bringing Ojo on was akin to throwing oil on the fire. He's failed to shine at any of his loan clubs because of his inability to play football at the required level.

He was the last player we needed to bring on last night. Every time he touched the ball he lost possession. He may well get us up the park but he rarely takes the ball with him and his decision making is appalling. You'd be better with a players who the ball sticks to; Stewart.

One player I hope we don't try to turn a loan into a permenant deal.

Ojo and Barker are simply not good enough.

He just looks like a rabbit in the headlights most of the time now. As others have said, his head is gone. He’s lost all confidence he had when he arrived. Feel sorry for him.

Think it’s more Gerrard not wanting to scupper chances at future loan deals. The boys been garbage but he’s still being given a chance. Either that or he drops him and we end up with a situation like Chelsea refusing to give the filth anybplayers on loan.

On the good part

He make a v good tackle near our box to stop an attack
He make a couple of good runs without getting the pass

On the poor side

Still not enough work done
Passed up a good chance with a tame shot (wrong foot?)

The gaffer must see things in training that we don't see, but how Ojo gets game time ahead of Stewart is beyond me ?

While I personally hate to see our players get abuse, if your the kind of character who doesn't use it to be more determined to succeed, then you ain't gonna make it at Ibrox or any other big club. Witness Halliday, nobody took more stick from us and opposition fans but he never let it affect him in the long run and bounced back.
The fact is Ojo is dung and doesn't have the right strengths, either football wise or mentally, to do a job for us.

...and how did Ojo effect our ball retention and control of the game?
I'll never slate players at the game but I can complerely understand how that guy felt.
Bringing Ojo on was akin to throwing oil on the fire. He's failed to shine at any of his loan clubs because of his inability to play football at the required level.

I will never understand someone abusing a footballer playing for Rangers before he has even touched the ball when coming on.

That is just not on.

How can a player hope to cope with the demands of playing for Rangers when fans are on your back, before you’ve had a chance to effect the game?

Being critical of his game is fair play, but letting pre-conceived ideas manifest in a stream of abuse is not.

When you looked to our bench last night, with Ojo and Barker on it, I’d be raging if we lost a talented 17 year old to Bayern or City.

our youngsters must be able to offer us more than these guys, if they can’t they’ll never make the grade.

Similarly in central midfield, we had no cover in there except from Halliday who is rightly not trusted. Dochery or Barjonas surely would have been able to come on and boost our engine room when the team was out on its feet.

I would rip up his contract and send him back to Liverpool, would rather we used our own players

At the stage now I think he must have a clause in his contract that he has to play a certain amount of games.
Ive been saying that for a while, there must be a clause that states he has to play at some point every game. He's a poor player, i cannot see what he brings to the team.

I'm just genuinely struggling to understand how he's a professional footballer at this level. Sadiq looked as if he had more about him and look at how everyone laughed at him.

He can't play simple passes, can't dribble past a man, can't tackle (as we seen tonight), doesn't work that hard, always makes the wrong decision.

Then why does Gerrard keep throwing him on? Stewart must wonder what he has to do to get a game when Ojo literally offers nothing.
Sadiq did not look like he had anything about him. What a load of shit that comment is. Kills your whole argument stone dead.

And I’m no Ojo fan.

When you looked to our bench last night, with Ojo and Barker on it, I’d be raging if we lost a talented 17 year old to Bayern or City.

our youngsters must be able to offer us more than these guys, if they can’t they’ll never make the grade.

Similarly in central midfield, we had no cover in there except from Halliday who is rightly not trusted. Dochery or Barjonas surely would have been able to come on and boost our engine room when the team was out on its feet.
JCD well said

See this bollocks, if you can’t take from the stands you’ll never be a pro. Confidence my arse.

I have this weird notion that supporting the team also involves supporting the players that make up the team. Kinda strange notion I know.

As for your comment, I will give you just one example - John Fleck. Destroyed by stick from the stands at Ibrox. I think it’s fair to say that he’s gone on to do alright for himself. We bemoan the fact that youngsters don’t get the chance at Ibrox, back them for a handful of games and then, when the inevitable ‘dip’ comes, we slaughter them. Middleton last season being another example.

Aribo has been getting it recently - he had a great game last night.

If there is a footballer in there,Rangers wont see it, the games and experience he is getting will be only beneficial to some club down the line in his career.Which club?

There’s a definite player there. It’s just going to take a lot to get it out of him, and I’m not sure we’ve got the patience or the time. It’s really difficult going from youth football to the pressures of Rangers, not many can do it.

The initial buzz has worn off for him and he's now one of these EPL academy players that enjoy the life more than the football. Send him back home and find a replacement that offers more.

I don’t like to be negative after such a great effort by this group of players, but I did find myself letting out a little groan when I saw him about to come on.

His cameo did little to suggest that was misplaced.

We should be mindful of writing players off too quickly when remembering Barisic and Kent, but if we sent him back in January I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Greg Stewart is turning into Cristiano Ronaldo on here with each passing week. Mental.

When Jones gets back Ojo will see even less game time unless he ups his game again.

I feel genuinely sorry for the boy he's struggling but you can see the confidence has been sucked right out of him.

Another yawn thread slagging off our players. Be nice if we tried supporting the fucking team for a change. For the record, he’s a great player who will do well when people get of his back, but then I said the same about our big Croatian full back, so what do I know.

Genuine question btw, what are you basing this on?

When he came on, he got a cracking pass down the left channel and had a chance to take the ball and go past his man on the left with their RB being almost the last man.

He looked like he had lead in his feet, he's supposed to be a young athlete and was a yard off Janko who had been running for 80mins, it looked like Ojo had been on for 80+ mins and Janko was the fresh legs.

It just looked like a lack of effort or belief, maybe both.

Jesus christ mate you on the ran dan last night or what?

The boys struggling just now but f*ck me.

If we don't have players in our youth academy who can offer more than Ojo then we'd be as well shutting the place down. He's that bad.

If we don't have players in our youth academy who can offer more than Ojo then we'd be as well shutting the place down. He's that bad.

He's toiling mate but he's getting minutes because the management think he's the best option at the time. He's not actually started many games the last month or so? Which is spot on because he has been really poor.

But I think last night for instance he's came on because of his pace on the counter. He came on at a time we were struggling and YB had to fling bodies forward so you can see where the thinking comes from.

I wont disagree hes been playing poorly though he has but people wanting our other options to be better doesn't make it true. He's getting minutes because he's the best option according to the manager.

He's going to struggle to even get off the bench when Jones is fit.

Back