Ojo - what does he offer?

He's toiling mate but he's getting minutes because the management think he's the best option at the time. He's not actually started many games the last month or so? Which is spot on because he has been really poor.

But I think last night for instance he's came on because of his pace on the counter. He came on at a time we were struggling and YB had to fling bodies forward so you can see where the thinking comes from.

I wont disagree hes been playing poorly though he has but people wanting our other options to be better doesn't make it true. He's getting minutes because he's the best option according to the manager.

He's going to struggle to even get off the bench when Jones is fit.

Does he really have that much pace though? Maybe if you had a running track he'd be quick - but on a football park he doesn't know how to use it.

It's frustrating as a fan seeing Gerrard persist with a guy who is offering absolutely nothing right now.

Does he really have that much pace though? Maybe if you had a running track he'd be quick - but on a football park he doesn't know how to use it.

It's frustrating as a fan seeing Gerrard persist with a guy who is offering absolutely nothing right now.

I would say he's pretty quick aye certainly when he gets going.

Barker is woeful though and Stewart isn't any use if we are playing on the counter so who else do we bring on?

The boy is trying harder now as well you can see it. Hes working harder and putting a few tackles in as well because hes been getting hounded at Ibrox off the fans. We can't ask for much more if hes putting the effort in, it's not his fault he is getting picked.

I genuinely feel sorry for him just now the baying mob are lynching him for every misplaced pass. It's a shame.

He's been decent of late and nowhere near as bad as made out on here.

Young players need a bit of slack and some of our fans are not acting in the player's or club's interest with the constant need to slate someone.

Michael Beale's interview should be stickied to the top of this forum of what the management team are asking of us all.

We need a Kent on the right. Ojo is simply not good enough. Hopefully he`s returned to Liverpool in January and we bring a proper right sided attacker.

It's probably due to the fact that there is no other logical reason for Gerrard to continue playing him.
We're light on options in that area of the pitch. Once Jones is fit and available he'll probably slide further down the pecking order.

Our lack of options to change a game from the bench is my biggest concern at the moment. Relatively happy with first choice 11 but outwith that, it's pretty grim.

It's not happening for Ojo or Barker (questionable ability and lack of confidence is not a good combination) for attacking options and the lack of trusted midfield options means that Jack, Kamara etc are running themselves into the ground which will take its toll as the season continues.

I know they're young and untested but honestly would now much rather see the likes of a Barjonas or Kennedy on the bench than the current subs. Hunger and eagerness to impress can gone long way.

It's probably due to the fact that there is no other logical reason for Gerrard to continue playing him.

It really isn't all that long ago folks were telling us our best full-back pairing was Flanagan and Halliday. After Alfie's miss at Ibrox against the Dhims and again after his red card at the DhimDome there were some on here saying we should get rid to anybody that would give us our money back. Things can change.

Don't get me wrong, Ojo's recent form has been poor. He's not one that, at this stage, you would even suggest would be attracting our interest the way Kent did last season. Like Ejaria last season he's not someone we would struggle to replace.

What I rail against is the soul-destroying abuse fans of our Club dish out to guys out there in a Rangers jersey. The Manager picks him - that's his choice - and the player doesn't intentionally go out to have a howler. By all means get back to your car/supporters bus/subway and say 'wasn't Ojo shite tonight' or whatever but whilst he's out there on the pitch we should be giving him our support.

It really isn't all that long ago folks were telling us our best full-back pairing was Flanagan and Halliday. After Alfie's miss at Ibrox against the Dhims and again after his red card at the DhimDome there were some on here saying we should get rid to anybody that would give us our money back. Things can change.

Don't get me wrong, Ojo's recent form has been poor. He's not one that, at this stage, you would even suggest would be attracting our interest the way Kent did last season. Like Ejaria last season he's not someone we would struggle to replace.

What I rail against is the soul-destroying abuse fans of our Club dish out to guys out there in a Rangers jersey. The Manager picks him - that's his choice - and the player doesn't intentionally go out to have a howler. By all means get back to your car/supporters bus/subway and say 'wasn't Ojo shite tonight' or whatever but whilst he's out there on the pitch we should be giving him our support.

I've never seen it with Ojo tbh. Even in the qualifiers when he was scoring I wasn't seeing what everyone else was.

Our lack of options to change a game from the bench is my biggest concern at the moment. Relatively happy with first choice 11 but outwith that, it's pretty grim.

It's not happening for Ojo or Barker (questionable ability and lack of confidence is not a good combination) for attacking options and the lack of trusted midfield options means that Jack, Kamara etc are running themselves into the ground which will take its toll as the season continues.

I know they're young and untested but honestly would now much rather see the likes of a Barjonas or Kennedy on the bench than the current subs. Hunger and eagerness to impress can gone long way.

You have to wonder what's happened with King & Docherty. King especially...what a pointless signing.

If we don't have players in our youth academy who can offer more than Ojo then we'd be as well shutting the place down. He's that bad.
There does need to be some analysis of our development squad. If none are better than Ojo or Barker to get in the First team, is it really viable to have an academy just to sell on youths to richer clubs? Are we pouring money into this and it mostly benefits rich clubs who hoover up youth players on cheap development fees? It seems to me pointless just to do that-we need genuine First team players coming through. It is depressing when Ojo and Barker are considered better.

Similar to what Ryan Kent offered at this point last season.

Give the lad a break and maybe some encouragement rather than everyone getting on his back after his first bad pass/lost ball.
Absolute nonsense! Kent got injured around this time last season and we all thought it was a big blow that was hardly because he'd been similar to Ojo (utter shite)

Do you seriously think anyone would think it was a big blow if Ojo was out for a spell?

I genuinely hate criticising players but being honest I don’t think the lad has a footballing brain. Time and time again he seems to make the wrong decision whether he’s in the ball or off it.

There’s a player there.

He needs a run of games and confidence.
He’s quick and he can finish. He’s young and obviously lacking in confidence just now and some fans reactions to him won’t be helping.

Playing up top and trying to be decisive is the hardest part of the game. The stick all the boys playing the inside forward roles get is unreal. Kent seems to be the only one that is exempt.

If we can get a starting RW in his place then I’d send him back. His decision making is awful and his reactions at times are so slow. His silly foul led to the goal last night.

He got howls of derision tonight when misplacing a pass. He must hate playing at Ibrox.
Ridiculous isn't it. One thing I do know he offers is that the usual suspects can get on his back, not just at the ground, on my group chats as well, two minutes after he came on there's people giving him grief.

Don’t know why people do that as it doesn’t help but I’ve also no idea why SG keeps persisting and putting him in that position. Does he not hear it???

Inwardly my heart sank when I saw him coming on. However to be fair he showed a lot more effort than in many of his previous games.

Maybe the message is starting to get through. Aribo is another that can be brilliant and frustrating in equal measures. Both young and hopefully they will mature and show their undoubted potential.

Don’t know why people do that as it doesn’t help but I’ve also no idea why SG keeps persisting and putting him in that position. Does he not hear it???
Because if Stevie G made career choices based on fan noises from people with a fraction of the football knowledge he has he wouldn’t have made it to management

Ridiculous isn't it. One thing I do know he offers is that the usual suspects can get on his back, not just at the ground, on my group chats as well, two minutes after he came on there's people giving him grief.

When he misplaced his first pass a guy a few along from me stood up and shouted “You get to f*** ya cu**!!!”. Almost frothing at the mouth. Unbelievably embarrassing.

Because if Stevie G made career choices based on fan noises from people with a fraction of the football knowledge he has he wouldn’t have made it to management

You don’t think it would be better management to take him out that firing line? Is he infinitely better than Stewart that he needs to take that risk?

He's young obviously but the manager seems to favour him seems to have only one trick and that's cutting in and going along the 18 yard line and trying to find the bottom left corner .
Getting on his back helps no one least of all him , doesn't merit a place on the bench in my view .

When he misplaced his first pass a guy a few along from me stood up and shouted “You get to f*** ya cu**!!!”. Almost frothing at the mouth. Unbelievably embarrassing.
Years we've had pricks at Ibrox screaming abuse at their preferred whipping boy. The first I remember getting it was Hugh Burns and then Stuart Munro.

Years we've had pricks at Ibrox screaming abuse at their preferred whipping boy. The first I remember getting it was Hugh Burns and then Stuart Munro.

Yeah needless to say the same guy fecked off after YB scored and with our Europa League place hanging in the balance....

You don’t think it would be better management to take him out that firing line? Is he infinitely better than Stewart that he needs to take that risk?
He did for the cup final. I think last night ojo was the better option than Stewart simply for his pace. YB were coming out and leaving spaces behind. I think Stewart does better against packed defences.

Offers us next to nothing. Particularly in the role he plays.

He's never a winger.

The boys only stand out talent is his left peg when he is in or around the box area. Something we have failed to utilise from him.

When he came on last night I thought he looked as slow as anyone on the park, I'm not having he short of confidence he is very limited and get more limited every showing

Hes mince, posted on another thread the other day, saying we have a player like Jake Hastie out on loan, who i reckon would offer us alot more that what Ojo is currently. Dont bother giving it, 'Kent was this bad last year' Kent had been riddled with injuries, and when fully fit, proved to us all why he's a talent. Hastie is a winger who is not afraid to take on his man, which personally i think we are missing on the right hand side. The guy is obviously on a big wage id reckon, and hastie would be on a fraction of what Ojo is on and what we are paying for him, so in my eyes it is a complete no brainer to send the lad back in Janurary.

Someone behind me shouted that McGregor was "fucking shite" during the first half...

With Ojo, I, like many, can't see what he brings to the team. Last night we were under the cosh for the whole of the second half and to see Ojo come on was very disheartening. To see him make an arse of that first pass didn't help matters. Even when he was running about like a madman, it was usually because he had made a mistake just before. Gerrard has done wonders man managing some people, and not so well with others. I think he needs to take Ojo out of the picture for a while to give both him and the fans a break.

Fresh legs I guess.

Personally I'm going to enjoy our qualification rather than having a go at our young substitute.
Bang on.

We struggled badly in the latter stages with fatigue, Ojo I thought was sent on to try and stretch their defence and to an extent he did, however his final ball was Woeful.

Let's salute the qualification for now and leave the negative shit for the negative moments.

Back