Ojo

Ojo has done more at this stage than Kent done last season. Let's give the lad time as I expect he will develop into a top player for us this season.

What is that now. 5 goals 4 assists in 12 games?

In same position Candeias had 6 goals 12 assists in 52 matches last season.

His numbers are great.

You can tell he's got a fair bit to learn and his decision making can be poor, but he'll grow as the season goes on.

He can frustrate as i still think he has more to offer but you can't argue with his stats.

He also likes taking a pop at goal which a lot of our players seem too hesitant to try at times.

I haven't seen a left footed player strike a ball like that from range with power since you know who!!!

I think having Kent breathing down his neck has given Ojo the jolt he needs, and lets not kid ourselves on, he needed it.

Ojo was great tonight. Skillfull, defending from the front and won us the game.

He left it all out there. Id have subbed him and Kamara ewrlier

Looked like he fucked the move just before he scored. Massive 180 from the crowd in the space of a couple of seconds.

What a finish and well done Ojo.

He does seem to gas easily right enough, but definitely more to come from him.

I think it was a rather frustrating performance from him, by that I don't mean he was poor but he showed how food he can be in spells, the goal being best example and a one interception where he slid in and got us right on the front foot. However there was frustrating moments with him, if he can find consistency then he can be a cracking player.

Stats are great, brilliant goal, clearly talented.

He's still learning my one frustration tonight was I was just willing him to take on his man. Considering we know how skilled and quick he is, too often he had spave behind the right back and he turned and passed it back.

I've no doubt hell learn and grow from it though.

Oh another thing about him tonight, that celebration! That is the team we have just now, a man that would hardly have known Fernando of at all scores a screamer early in his career in a massive European match and yet Ricksen is his first thought.

This team get what Rangers is all about, I love it.

He can fairly hit a ball but other than the goal, he was dreadful I thought.

Doesn't look interested at times, jogs about the park, slow to track back. There were times in the second half when the game was opening up where Kent or even Jones would've been direct and driving at their defence whereas Ojo stops and turns back.

Took his goal brilliantly and his stats are impressive so well done Sheyi.
My main gripe with the lad is that if the ball falls to his right foot, forget about it. Chance gone. Seems to be a recurring theme with some of our wingers where they just point blank refuse to use their weaker foot.
Frustrating.

For all the criticism of him, he has delivered such a vital goal.

We need to remember he is only young and demands at rangers are far greater than at any other club.

The goal means everything in terms of prospects going forward but financially as well.

Well done Ojo.
I suspect he will delight and frustrate in equal measure. We as fans just need to make our peace with that.
Ojo has match winning capability (if that’s not stating the obvious)

The majority of the criticism he’s received has been ridiculous, from archetypal Scottish football fans that think it’s all about flying into tackles.

Young inconsistent winger who can be frustrating, but he’s making a very positive contribution.
This is partly true, but his pressing is often poor. It's not about tackling, bit about making your opponent feel the pressure and make a mistake. This is something that is extremely important in our game. Arfield is good at it, and Kent got there at the end of last season. If Ojo learns how to press properly he will be extremely good for us. His numbers in attack are great.

We need to remember he is only young and demands at rangers are far greater than at any other club.

The goal means everything in terms of prospects going forward but financially as well.

Well done Ojo.
He’s very frustrating , if not for his goal there would be threads on this slating his overall performance.

Well done Ojo.

Could’ve had a hattrick tonight.

His best game for us, by far.

Good finish from him but his performance wasn't particularly great.

Has to do a lot better with his decision making and movement off the ball.

He is obviously going to be a frustrating player at times, but you can't deny his overall contribution. He's the only player in our team who seems to want to hit it from outside the box. He'll have games where he's outstanding, he'll have games like tonight where he scores or creates but plays relatively poorly and he'll have games when he offers nothing.

We can see that offers something already and it's up to other players in the team to step into the void on the days that he's not producing. I think we could see him scoring 15 goals this season and still have fans bemoaning him

Doesn’t shirk his defensive side either
Was doing shuttle runs between players all night

I love him he's class, he's only young and never played in front of a crowd like ours before. Still getting used to it, he going to be brilliant for us.

Frustrating player. Plenty of ability but too much of a passenger at times.

What a goal though and when he turns it on he looks class

Frustrating player but can turn a switch and be instantly lethal. He will only improve in the work rate, positional sense aspect of the game. I also think he needs to believe in his ability a bit more. He is definitely the best striker of a ball we have, so when he is around the box he should be shooting more often than not.

If Ojo was the finished article then he wouldn't currently be on-loan to us from Liverpool. The guy won the game for us - against Feyenoord - with a goal out of nowhere and very nearly added a second - yet we have people on here telling us how terrible he was tonight.

Meanwhile, on other threads we have folk wanting Tav dropped for Polster, a guy in his mid-twenties with less than a hundred senior games to his name and who has barely kicked a ball for us.

This place is M E N T A L.

Back