Ol’ Red White and Blue Eyes signing to the enclosure

and here's Satchmo from 1962
tP3C2gR.jpg

One of my biggest regrets was not going along to see him in concert at Ibrox.
I can relate to that m8. I'm a fan of Sinatra and didn't want to see him well past it . Turns out he was on top form and was moved to tears by the reception. In hindsight if he'd got the attendance he deserved we would all have cherished it. I also remember he sent Souness a personal letter to say how special the night was, definitely one of my biggest regrets with regards to entertainment.

Looks to me like he’s singing.

P.S.
Another pedantic point.
Isn’t that the Govan stand he’s chanting to?
I bought two tickets for my parents anniversary and I’m pretty sure the stage faced the Govan, with everyone seated there. Not 100% on that though.

Last edited:
Love this short story about Frank Sinatra and his friend Don Rickles, as told by Norm MacDonald (who worked with Don on a film):

The original image is a little incorrect. He was in fact singing just in front of the Govan Stand. He'd just walked from the stage to be closer to the crowd.

I took my mother to this. It was an absolute shambles getting in and a lot of folk thought it wasn't going to happen and just went home..

After hanging around for a while they just opened the doors up and everyone who had stayed just piled in and sat wherever they wanted. No one was checking the tickets so could have got in without one.

My mother loved every minute of it and still talks about it to this day.

I took my mother to this. It was an absolute shambles getting in and a lot of folk thought it wasn't going to happen and just went home..

After hanging around for a while they just opened the doors up and everyone who had stayed just piled in and sat wherever they wanted. No one was checking the tickets so could have got in without one.

My mother loved every minute of it and still talks about it to this day.

What was the problem getting everyone in?

What was the problem getting everyone in?
Not sure but I think there were counterfeit tickets and when folk got to their seats there were others sitting in them. They closed the doors for a while and then decided to open them and have a free for all.

We were also offered our money back so actually seen him for nothing.

Reactions: lwl
My wee Auntie Mary went to see him & still raves about his performance that night.
Reminds me of the time my aunt and uncle went to see Shirley Bassey at the Rangers Social Club.
Afterwards my maw asked her sister “whit wis Shirley Bassey like?”.
Her sister screwed up her face and replied “she disnae shave under her erms”.

This reminds me of the trivia question, what do Frank Sinatra, Buffalo Bill and Stanley Mathews all have in common

My mate was working there that night. He demanded a ridiculous rider, unbelievable spread of food, booze, ice sculptures, the lot. Arrived at the airport straight into the limo and into Ibrox directly to the stage. Did gig, off the stage and back into the limo and straight to the airport. Never went near the hospitality!

Back