Old Bankies player Gerry McCabe

The same Gerry McCabe who every week on Rocksport Radio would try to compare the accounting process's of a taxi driver with those of Rangers FC. "The tax man is awe ower me n ma taxi so howzy no dane it wae Rainjurs"

How the feck this clown ever got a weekly gig on the radio was beyond me.

His brother used to be the bar manager in Carrigans in Hamilton. Used to see him drunkenly shouting at the races and when Celtic were getting beaten in the Mowbray season!

Reactions: TNT
Brilliant wee player and a genuinely nice guy.

Played against him and big Brian Martin a few times in the Veterans League.

Old Accies player Gerry McCabe.

v-rangers-douglas-park-hamiltonhamiltons-gerry-mccabe-and-rangers-picture-id1298699348

v-rangers-douglas-park-hamiltonhamiltons-gerry-mccabe-goes-for-the-picture-id1298699121

Watched him for Clydebank many a time and he always stood out.

Played 5’s with him on quite a few occasions once his playing days were over, nice guy and still had loads of ability. Sure he does favour the mentally challenged.

The same Gerry McCabe who every week on Rocksport Radio would try to compare the accounting process's of a taxi driver with those of Rangers FC. "The tax man is awe ower me n ma taxi so howzy no dane it wae Rainjurs"

How the feck this clown ever got a weekly gig on the radio was beyond me.
Because he's a Rangers hating tim....no other reason

Met him on holiday in Shagaluf when he played for Watford or somebody
1986 We had just won the league.
He was brand new. Decent bloke
He had a really nice looking burd. Punchin well above his weight

When I were a lad . . .

And Rangers were away from home or it was midweek the Banks were a great day out - cheap - just a couple of stations along the trainline. Group of us from school went together - couple of younger lads got involved with them and one went on to become club secretary for a while.

I don't think we really appreciated how good a team they had and what a wee treat it was to get that level of football for relative coppers.

When I were a lad . . .

And Rangers were away from home or it was midweek the Banks were a great day out - cheap - just a couple of stations along the trainline. Group of us from school went together - couple of younger lads got involved with them and one went on to become club secretary for a while.

I don't think we really appreciated how good a team they had and what a wee treat it was to get that level of football for relative coppers.
I used to do the same in the 70s. Where I first saw Davie Cooper, before he was linked to Rangers.

Back