Old Boys of the Brigade

First the Life Boys then into the 141st BB at Scotstoun West Church on a friday, football on the Saturday morning, then Bible Class on Sunday morning and once a month church parade into the church.
BB camps at Portknockie and one year we went to Ostend, Belgium.
A great institution.

from 1951 up to 1960 was a member of the 3rd Airdrie B.B. remember our leaders were H. Crawford, G. Merry and W. Irvine made a lot of friends from that time , great camps and football teams

ajUQrxv.jpg

1st Neilston. In my time we had quite possibly the worst football team in the history of football.

Apropos of nothing, Gregor Fisher aka Rab C Nesbitt was an officer for many years.

1st Allanton sadly no longer operating, this was a great time of my childhood and i loved every minute of it, Thursday uniform/marching night and then Friday casuals/sports night.

Weekend camps were brilliant too.

7th Arbroath St Andrews church
Some good times there remember weekends away in a lodge up Glen Isla owned by the 1st Saint Andrews

148th Junior section in Sighthill church before moving to Springburn Parish, then the 25th company section. Served as an officer for a few years before shiftwork put an end to it, well tbh that and the captain at the time being an arsehole about it.
Was this the church in Hillkirk st as I was in the B.B. from this church?

4th Irvine.

Never completed Company Section. Always wondered what was next after that though.

233 Dennistoun (Same as my old man in the 30s and 40s) from 67, then 183 Dennistoun (Better Football team!) until 73, 1st Erskine 73 to 78.

Great days, BB camp at Aberfoyle and Abington not to mention a great introduction to cross country running, end of session display which was always a major event and not least good Christian teachings.

Will Your Anchor Hold Loyal.

Back