Old Boys of the Brigade

283rd possil amalgamated with Hamilton Hill to become the 87th on saracen st. Myself and three brothers in it at the same time for a little while

I was 7th Wishaw.
Are you sure it wasn’t 3rd Wishaw.
Mate 2nd Wishaw was the largest in the Battalion. We also won the Battalion flag for most of the seventies and eighties. We were regular Scottish drill champions and regular flute band champions. BB camp was South of England or Jersey brilliant times. Most of the guys I remember joined the police or prison service or joined the Armed forces. Still got my Queens Badge.

Mate 2nd Wishaw was the largest in the Battalion. We also won the Battalion flag for most of the seventies and eighties. We were regular Scottish drill champions and regular flute band champions. BB camp was South of England or Jersey brilliant times. Most of the guys I remember joined the police or prison service or joined the Armed forces. Still got my Queens Badge.
Sorry mate,I was getting mixed up.Old age setting in.

I was in the 268 in Bishopbriggs (Springfield Cambridge Church), shipmates through to company section. Remember playing football in the NKL (New Kilpatrick League) - Bishopbriggs, Bearsden, Milngavie, Killearn, Knightswood. Even got to play for the league select, trials at pitches at Lincoln Avenue. Also remember running cross country at Bella Houston.

Also got to run the 1500m at Scotstoun after winning the Springburn & District at Colston Secondary. Those were the days, great memories.

St Andrews church Kinfauns Drive Drumchapel remember doing a concert for the B B at Partick hall early 60s good times

246th Fernhill and Cathkin. Junior Section the Seniors. Camping, 2 years on the bounce, in a sodden field outside Campbeltown.
Proud to serve.

104 Calton Glasgow in the early to mid 60s, the B.B of St Andrew’s Church (In The Square). Most of are on it now. . Later 73rd Dennistoun but it wasn’t the same for me.

Back