Old FF Cartoons - an occasional series

My two favourite FF cartoons are the one with a certain player holding a banjo near a cow and the caption being "Peter had nothing against the beast, he just had a point to prove"

and the one from around 1995 or 96 with Tommy "Paedo Defender" Burns walking along with a giant imaginary bunny beside him saying "So Harvey, how you do think I'm handling the pressure?"

Last edited:
Not a cartoon, but a favourite cover from FF back in ‘91 was a picture of David Murray and Sean Connery in the CoS directors box during the August humbling for the Charlies (Hateley x2) at the height of Liam Brady’s failures.

Murray quips “Can you solve the Ce**ic crisis 007?” Big Sean admonishes him, “I’m an actor Davie, not a magician!”

Another beauty, I think, from the same issue:

‘Ce**ic install continental style dugouts. Two bus shelters go missing on London Road.’

The talk of a possible print edition for 55 led me to do a search, and I found this old cartoon thread. A lot of these were unpublished ones that I done (Tom) and I can now see why they weren't used (the ones that got used for the fanzine were funny-ish - honest). Some of them are clearly about things that were so specific and topical at the time, that they don't make any sense at all any more. Even I don't know what some of them are about. The one with Martin O'Neill forcing a wheelchair user to use the stairs? I think this was when Celtic came out with the "No excuses!" t-shirts - it's weird seeing these again - I don't remember some of them!

7uZ84eY.jpg

Back