Old FF writers I have lost touch with - Jeff The Ref (no, not that one), Archie McPerson and Robert Burns (no, not that one)

Used to enjoy writing for the Fanzine (albeit I only did around 5/6 articles). Be good to do a one off celebration special next season, as has been suggested.

Come to think of it, what happened to Earl Of Leven?

That guy had an insane amount of posts on the old board.

We also used to have the cartoonists Sam Scotland and Dom - both just disappeared - letters got returned from their houses.

There`s a Robert Burns who for many years has been reporting on Arthurlie Juniors for the Barrhead News. Could he be the one you`re looking for ?

Is the Major still around?
Bumped into him in the District a few times but that was a couple of years ago.
Used to love his latest rants, which in turn weren’t far away from the truth.
And used to see him regularly in the District but never had it in me to go talk to him.

There was a similar thread a few months back and I’m sure someone asked the same question and where told he had been abroad living.
I wonder if that’s still the case?

Used to love his latest rants, which in turn weren’t far away from the truth.
And used to see him regularly in the District but never had it in me to go talk to him.

There was a similar thread a few months back and I’m sure someone asked the same question and where told he had been abroad living.
I wonder if that’s still the case?
Costa del Cumbernauld last I heard.

I'd absolutely love a FF 55 special print edition fanzine. That used to be my routine before matchday. My dad used to drive to Ibrox to get there about 11 and park by the if houses over the motorway, grab the fanzine, then subway into town for a bit of food and to catch up with fellow bears. Brings back memories, go on Mark you know it makes sense!

He is mate. He’s alive and well. I was talking to him at a burger van just next to Airdrie’s ground not long after the new year.
If I see him around I’ll pass on that Mark wants him to get in touch.
With his best mate slebs?
I always thought there was more than one Jeff, every bb and school game I played in, he seemed to ref them.
I also ended up playing for a club those two ran, glenburn, or glencraig
It’s good to know he’s still kicking on. I never knew he was a Bluenose though. He used to take some stick, not so much on BB Saturday mornings, but during the schools cup and the festival cup. Ooooft!

It’s good to know he’s still kicking on. I never knew he was a Bluenose though. He used to take some stick, not so much on BB Saturday mornings, but during the schools cup and the festival cup. Ooooft!
Genuinely just thought he was Airdrie daft.
Got to say also, in current climate, that I am glad no stories of him being in appropriate have come out. He was just in it for the love of the game it seems.
Saw a few sent off at the bb by Jeff for swearing.

Genuinely just thought he was Airdrie daft.
Got to say also, in current climate, that I am glad no stories of him being in appropriate have come out. He was just in it for the love of the game it seems.
Saw a few sent off at the bb by Jeff for swearing.
There must be literally thousands of us that remember him. He’s definitely the only ref I remember.

I honestly don’t k ow if he’s Rangers or Airdrie mate.
I do know that he’s hosted charity racing nights in my local in Airdrie which is a Rangers pub.
Not that Airdrie fans don’t drink in it too right enough. I kinda personally thought he was a Bluenose though.
I’m still waiting to hear back from someone who has contact details for him.
Once they get back to me I’ll pass on Mark’s request.

Back