Old Firm allocations likely to remain the same this season

Get it back to the way it was. The whole tribal atmosphere at an Old Firm derby is what made it one of the greatest matches on the planet. In addition, it can only help to increase our tv deal, as the production value of having the two sets of fans in the ground with all the colour, the noise and the frenzy is also a big reason why so many neutrals tune in.
No thanks. Let's get rangers fans in supporting our team. No desire to go their cesspit

We have bigger away allocations for Europe without that being an issue, presumably it would be the same for a domestic game?
Not every season ticket holders goes to European ties so it's not like for like.

Besides, I'm sure Uefa rules dictate a certain percentage should be offered to opposition fans.

Where did I day that?

You made a disparaging comment about fans who only go to home games. It was uncalled for and out of order.
No I didn’t. The disparaging part was before that. There’s fans who only go to home games and there’s nothing wrong with that, my problem is the ones that spout shite about not wanting any of them in Ibrox without giving a shit about the fact that the team would have no support at the Cesspit, because it doesn’t affect them.

They’d get lifted and they’re too far away to affect the pitch now.

If they give us the full away end at the piggery like we had before then let’s have a conversation but we’ve been shafted since they built that monstrosity.

No chance they will do that as they’d need to move their own supporters but we have many on here wanting to shaft our home support to return to a pish allocation in a shit location.
I always had my doubts our full allocation there was the same as the full Broomloan , from the corner flag to to the 6 yard box , no chance

They’d get lifted and they’re too far away to affect the pitch now.

If they give us the full away end at the piggery like we had before then let’s have a conversation but we’ve been shafted since they built that monstrosity.

No chance they will do that as they’d need to move their own supporters but we have many on here wanting to shaft our home support to return to a pish allocation in a shit location.
You don’t have many on here wanting that at all. The vast majority of people wanting a bigger allocation want a couple of thousand, not a return to the old ones.

You like making stuff up, don’t you?

Agree, it doesn’t make people better fans and anyone saying that is mistaken. It makes them more loyal though, due to their personal circumstances allowing them to do so

The club have literally introduced a loyalty scheme ranking people on how loyal they are
I agree, loyalty comes at a cost but unfortunately not everyone is equal when it comes to disposable income.

I won't criticise anyone who only goes home or indeed only goes to the odd game or 2 each season. I don't walk in their shoes so I'm not in a position to judge them as Rangers supporters.

Ffs. So you have to attend every game to be classed as a committed fan?
Phuck me.
Don’t think I said that but the reduced allocation directly affects those that go everywhere. People talk like it’s tough to get for Ibrox v them . Literally had a boy beside us that it was his second ever game for the Ryan Jack one .
Nice enough fella but imo it shouldn’t be at the cost of the most loyal getting our biggest away game of the season .

I agree, loyalty comes at a cost but unfortunately not everyone is equal when it comes to disposable income.

I won't criticise anyone who only goes home or indeed only goes to the odd game or 2 each season. I don't walk in their shoes so I'm not in a position to judge them as Rangers supporters.
I’m fortunate my circumstances allow me to follow the team regularly at present but I’m one redundancy or a child away from being unable to do so

Everyone’s circumstances are different, Everyone’s circumstances can change

Knew I should have steered clea of this thread always goes same way.
Anyways it seems to be staying same for this season so I'm not going to argue hypotheticals
I’m starting to wish I done similar. Emotional rollercoaster with hopes dashed - just hope mr mygers is nice to me

I’m of an age (55) where I’m done with visiting their shitehole, I’ve been many, many times and no real desire to go back (due to the way we are treated, I’m too old for it.) I feel for my nephew & Godson who might not get to experience it as I did. There are arguments for and against. There’s not a solution that fits all sadly.

No I didn’t. The disparaging part was before that. There’s fans who only go to home games and there’s nothing wrong with that, my problem is the ones that spout shite about not wanting any of them in Ibrox without giving a shit about the fact that the team would have no support at the Cesspit, because it doesn’t affect them.
They have an opinion like you and I. It's a forum after all.

I’m of an age (55) where I’m done with visiting their shitehole, I’ve been many, many times and no real desire to go back (due to the way we are treated, I’m too old for it.) I feel for my nephew & Godson who might not get to experience it as I did. There are arguments for and against. There’s not a solution that fits all sadly.
I’ve had many discussions with people of various ages, with different levels of support (home only/home with odd away/regular away) and you’d be surprised with the difference in views

It’s an emotive subject and I understand people will express the views that suit them best. Much like you, I do feel sorry for people that won’t ever experience it. I remember the buzz getting on the bus going to Parkhead for the first time, pity we got hammered right enough

I’ve also seen younger kids excited going to Ibrox for their first derby game given there’s more home STs, so do understand both sides

We used to have the full end at peado towers before they seated it.

Don’t remember us crying like wee lassies

I’m fortunate my circumstances allow me to follow the team regularly at present but I’m one redundancy or a child away from being unable to do so

Everyone’s circumstances are different, Everyone’s circumstances can change
Let's hope it's the latter rather than the former! :)

I’ve had many discussions with people of various ages, with different levels of support (home only/home with odd away/regular away) and you’d be surprised with the difference in views

It’s an emotive subject and I understand people will express the views that suit them best. Much like you, I do feel sorry for people that won’t ever experience it. I remember the buzz getting on the bus going to Parkhead for the first time, pity we got hammered right enough

I’ve also seen younger kids excited going to Ibrox for their first derby game given there’s more home STs, so do understand both sides
This is it. I’m finished with it, it’s just a shame the next generation will maybe will never get the chance to experience it, as we did.

People who don’t follow away from home have no say in away allocations so please don’t comment,thanks:)
You could counter that by saying that people who don't lose the chance to go to the home games or who aren't moved to make way for a bigger allocation shouldn't comment either about reducing the number of home fans to make way for the increase in away fans :))

This is it. I’m finished with it, it’s just a shame the next generation will maybe will never get the chance to experience it, as we did.
I’m the same. I’m lucky enough to have been loads of times but now I wouldn’t set foot in the place but it’s my choice. I actually knocked back a ticket for the upcoming game as it wouldn’t be fair for me to go when guys I know who travel to as many games as they can are struggling.

Think it’s more to do with the fact that our own supporters who do go to home games wouldn’t be able too because mentally challengeds would be sitting in their season ticket seats

Should be a couple thousand each. Yes the atmosphere is brilliant when we are winning, but there is no doubt that it dilutes the whole atmosphere in general.
There is doubt. Never once have I been sitting at Ibrox whether winning or losing and thought "You know what would make this experience a lot better, loads more filth in the stadium"

Think it’s more to do with the fact that our own supporters who do go to home games wouldn’t be able too because mentally challengeds would be sitting in their season ticket seats
No Season Ticket Holders would miss out if European style allocations were applied

There is doubt. Never once have I been sitting at Ibrox whether winning or losing and thought "You know what would make this experience a lot better, loads more filth in the stadium"
But there’s plenty that’ll be sitting at home on September 3rd with similar thoughts

We used to have the full end at peado towers before they seated it. Don’t remember us crying like wee lassies
Well that’s the whole point isn’t it? The situation used to be fair with both supports getting a full stand behind the goal, so there was no reason to complain. But then it became the case that they continued to get a full stand whilst we were stuck in the corner

Im all for status quo at the moment but if we ever go into discussions to change back in the future ie they get full broomloan then we must absolutely must ask for % equivalent ie about 9,000 directly behind there goal. Off course they will never agree to this so no agreement will ever be reached. If we settle for anything less we are utter fools.
A percentage will never happen for the obvious reason. Anyone thinking that will happen is crazy.

Better be! Don’t want anymore of that scum in our stadium taking our supporters seats. FK them all.

I don’t get this taking our seats attitude, it wasn’t even a thing pre Gerard, there was no ST waiting list, you could get adult STs in the broomloan that included both games.

The fixtures not the same with pretty much no away supports imo, at ours or theirs.

Screenshot-20220819-200641-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Give us the whole end like here in 1998 then it would be more equal.

Correct

We get that. They get the Broomloan.

Perfectly fair

Parity of treatment

And I’m entitled to call them voicing their opinion a desperate attempt to show strangers on the internet how much they hate Celtic.
Maybe, just maybe, they are simply pro-Rangers and want to see as many Rangers fans as possible inside our home ground.

Back