Old Firm allocations likely to remain the same this season

And we also used to give them almost half our ground when I started going.

I’ve no problem with huge away allocations to each set of fans. My objection has always been that we gave them prime TV behind the goals top seats while they cut our allocation and shoved us in the shite diddy club corner out of sight of the cameras.

It’s a PR war and they won it when Murray shafted is by agreeing to this pish state of affairs

As I’ve said, endlessly, give us the whole end behind the goals. They get the same. Fair. Parity of treatment.
Full end for a full end bro

Well that’s the whole point isn’t it? The situation used to be fair with both supports getting a full stand behind the goal, so there was no reason to complain. But then it became the case that they continued to get a full stand whilst we were stuck in the corner
That was my point yes.

Every single one of those cùnts are brought up to hate us from an extremely early age, give them fùcking nothing… we read the pish/lies they post about us on the internet 24/7 all the time on here , get them to %^*& , I wouldn’t even let the bastards use the dressing room, right off their bus into the dugout…

Every single one of those cùnts are brought up to hate us from an extremely early age, give them fùcking nothing… we read the pish/lies they post about us on the internet 24/7 all the time on here , get them to %^*& , I wouldn’t even let the bastards use the dressing room, right off their bus into the dugout…
Were you not brought up to hate them? Such a weird stance from some posters that the hatred is somehow one sided.

Were you not brought up to hate them? Such a weird stance from some posters that the hatred is somehow one sided.
So weird and quite pathetic. People wear the Old Firm being one of the fiercest rivalries in football as a badge of honour to outsiders then throw their toys out the pram because that lot hate us and sing songs we don’t like.

I fucking hate them too and I guarantee they wouldn’t like what’s coming out of my mouth.

Soft as shite.

I wasn’t brought up to hate anyone , the way it should be… those decisions can be made later in life ..
Interesting. In footballing terms at least I was brought up to hate Celtic, thats the nature of the Old Firm. I’d imagine the majority of Rangers fans are the same as well as their fans.

If they up the allocations again and kick me out my seat for those scumbags I'll be jacking it in and watching on tele from then on.

Can't get my head around a single Rangers fan who thinks hundreds/thousands of bears should miss out on tickets at Ibrox in order to accommodate those rat bastards. Can't even begin to comprehend that level of selfishness.

Interesting. In footballing terms at least I was brought up to hate Celtic, thats the nature of the Old Firm. I’d imagine the majority of Rangers fans are the same as well as their fans.
I’ve always been a Rangers fan, but my dad was a professional footballer who wasn’t interested in taking me to any games, I had to wait until I was old enough to go with my friends to experience the hatred… You were lucky you did get brought up to hate them.. well done.

If they up the allocations again and kick me out my seat for those scumbags I'll be jacking it in and watching on tele from then on.

Can't get my head around a single Rangers fan who thinks hundreds/thousands of bears should miss out on tickets at Ibrox in order to accommodate those rat bastards. Can't even begin to comprehend that level of selfishness.
For the millionth time, no existing ST holders would miss out if we increased their allocation to 2,000-2,500 for example.

All ST holders would be accommodated.

If we’re talking about non-ST holders missing out on a big game then I’d be happy for that if it meant our loyal away fans got more of a chance of a piggery ticket. Some may claim it’s selfish but I don’t believe it is.

In my eyes, our regular away fans getting a better chance of a piggery ticket takes priority over non-ST holders that fancy turning up to Ibrox for a big game twice a season

I've said before, I wouldn't even let their team into the stadium to change.
I agree with this. Don’t think for one minute that this lot wouldn’t do the same to us first, and loudly let it be known to their rancid fans too.

I wouldn’t let them near the place until it was time for kick off, but I think rules bind us and this will never happen.

For the millionth time, no existing ST holders would miss out if we increased their allocation to 2,000-2,500 for example.

All ST holders would be accommodated.

If we’re talking about non-ST holders missing out on a big game then I’d be happy for that if it meant our loyal away fans got more of a chance of a piggery ticket. Some may claim it’s selfish but I don’t believe it is.

In my eyes, our regular away fans getting a better chance of a piggery ticket takes priority over non-ST holders that fancy turning up to Ibrox for a big game twice a season
Is it only our away fans that are loyal ? And yes it is selfish. I would rather have Rangers fans in the ground ( ST holders or not ) supporting our team, over scum singing songs in support of terrorists right in front of TV cameras. "GIVE THEM F ALL". And learn to live without a visit to their piggery twice a season. You will feel better for it in the long run.

The obvious reason being ?
What's crazy about it ?
They have a stadium which holds more so we would have a larger amount of fans. That is never going to happen in this country.
They hold too much sway with the MSM, the ruling body in football in Scotland and the ruling party They would never agree to it and the before mentioned would back them to the hilt.
The ruling party have a diddy MP who said bus services were sectarian as the bus services were reduced on St Patricks day. They would have a field day with this.
I agree it's the fairest way but it would never happen unless we had a bigger stadium IMO. Sadly I don't see that happening.
Apologies for being so vague. I was doing other things when reading the thread.

Last edited:
They only get the whole Broomloan when we get the whole stand at their midden.

Correct. They are masters of manipulation.

We used to get a much bigger area, right up to their goals, after they rebuilt the piggery. For some reason they cut this back to around 8k because that's all we could give them in the Broomloan. If you look at old footage you'll see this to be the case.

Id like to know how many tickets we had at this point as it was certainly much greater than the 8k they settled on.

What's amazing to me is Rangers get blamed for cutting the allocation first but the truth is Celtic cut it first. Someone inside Ibrox must be able to check this and if Im right then they should put the record straight.

Perhaps someone could post some pictures showing our fans behind their goals, or near enough, then compare this to pictures of our fans when we had 8k.

If I remember correctly their excuse for doing this was they needed 52k seats for ST holders.

Get it back to the way it was. The whole tribal atmosphere at an Old Firm derby is what made it one of the greatest matches on the planet. In addition, it can only help to increase our tv deal, as the production value of having the two sets of fans in the ground with all the colour, the noise and the frenzy is also a big reason why so many neutrals tune in.

The problem with this is they have the advantage of getting a full stand behind our goals while we are stuck in an insignificant corner out of sight and out of mind. They did this deliberately and our naive board fell for the argument that 8k away fans for both clubs is fair.

Here's another 'fair' way to allocate tickets. Both home teams keep 42k tickets. See how they like that.

I’m comfortable with the current arrangements because my biggest issue with the previous arrangements was that it was an obvious competitive advantage for them and that’s why you’re hearing the most noise/moans/howling coming from the mentally challenged side of the city.

They KNEW that having the entire Broomloan which is an entire end at our stadium, whilst they stuck us in the corner of their stadium (out of view of the tv camera and many with restricted view seats) would help give them a competitive advantage at both stadiums.

Our old allocation at their place was a disgrace in all honesty, I don’t understand why we put up with it for so long.

For me, the club should be offering Celtic three options in discussions about future allocations:

1. Things stay as they are now and only 800/900 away fans for every game.

2. Celtic give us the same percentage of tickets for their place as we give them for Ibrox. If we give them 7,500 (the Broomloan) of our 50k capacity, then we should get 10k tickets (roughly) for their 60k capacity.

3. If we give them an entire stand behind our goal (the Broomloan) then they give us the entire stand behind their goal (Lisbon Lion stand).

If they aren’t willing to agree to 2 or 3 then it’s obvious they know they had the advantage previously and we carry on with scenario 1 for the foreseeable.

I wasn’t brought up to hate anyone , the way it should be… those decisions can be made later in life ..

In a nutshell. They have organised and well funded networks and institutions that exist to spread the "faith". From the cradle to the grave (and beyond).They even have separate graveyards.

I’m comfortable with the current arrangements because my biggest issue with the previous arrangements was that it was an obvious competitive advantage for them and that’s why you’re hearing the most noise/moans/howling coming from the mentally challenged side of the city.

They KNEW that having the entire Broomloan which is an entire end at our stadium, whilst they stuck us in the corner of their stadium (out of view of the tv camera and many with restricted view seats) would help give them a competitive advantage at both stadiums.

Our old allocation at their place was a disgrace in all honesty, I don’t understand why we put up with it for so long.

For me, the club should be offering Celtic three options in discussions about future allocations:

2. Celtic give us the same percentage of tickets for their place as we give them for Ibrox. If we give them 7,500 (the Broomloan) of our 50k capacity, then we should get 10k tickets (roughly) for their 60k capacity.

3. If we give them an entire stand behind our goal (the Broomloan) then they give us the entire stand behind their goal (Lisbon Lion stand).

If they aren’t willing to agree to 2 or 3 then it’s obvious they know they had the advantage previously and we carry on with scenario 1 for the foreseeable.

Great post though your figures are slightly out for option 2. If we give them 7.5 k that's 15% of Ibrox's 50k. If they reciprocate then 15% of Parkhead's 60k is just 9 k. I dont think that's a good deal for us. Here's my proposal for negotiating.

Both clubs keep 42k tickets for their own fans. That gives them 8k at Ibrox and we get 18k at Parkhead. How's that?

I hate those 19th Century Terrorist bastards so much but you must admit it adds to the spectacle. Should be 4K away fans to support the team

Grow a set you absolute weirdo.
Yeah I'm a weirdo for having to run for it from some tooled up scum fans out their faces on drink and coke where my only crime was wearing a Rangers scarf. Nice to see a so called fellow supporter whose answer to the scums behaviour is to 'grow a set'. Fucking pathetic

Last edited:
Great post though your figures are slightly out for option 2. If we give them 7.5 k that's 15% of Ibrox's 50k. If they reciprocate then 15% of Parkhead's 60k is just 9 k. I dont think that's a good deal for us. Here's my proposal for negotiating.

Both clubs keep 42k tickets for their own fans. That gives them 8k at Ibrox and we get 18k at Parkhead. How's that?
I'm sure we would be happy with that. Next rat brings this up I now have the perfect answer. He will explode, hopefully.

I'm sure we would be happy with that. Next rat brings this up I now have the perfect answer. He will explode, hopefully.

It’s funny watching them try to explain that an equal percentage of tickets for each ground or an equal “end” is somehow unfair for them whilst saying the old allocations were ideal for everyone.

It’s funny watching them try to explain that an equal percentage of tickets for each ground or an equal “end” is somehow unfair for them whilst saying the old allocations were ideal for everyone.
I know mate, Stay in a very small village full of republicans and nationalists. Apparently I'm a Tory lady's front bottom. Most pleasant family in the village to me are a family of settled Irish Travellers, Celtic fans but good people none the less

Another debate about this and yet again some people think they are going to get the full Broomloan ffs! It's never going back to the full stand as it's impossible with the amount of ST holders we have, it will be along the lines of european allocations away teams at Ibrox get when it happens. Yes, some ST holders will get moved seats for the game, but that happens on european nights aswell. Good job some on here weren't around in the early to mid 80's when we increased their allocation to part of the Govan stand.....

I don’t want to see one f*cking IRA catholic smelly unwashed at our stadium and I’m sure I speak for all real bears who support our great club and institution. Likewise, I’ve no interest in going anywhere near the piggery and their unwashed support. It’s absolute out and out war with ease c*unts.

Yeah I'm a weirdo for having to run for it from some tooled up scum fans out their faces on drink and coke where my only crime was wearing a Rangers scarf. Nice to see a so called fellow supporter whose answer to the scums behaviour is to 'grow a set'. Fucking pathetic

Did you used to lie awake at night scared about going to a celtc game?

Only if you enjoy pro IRA tunes,give them %^*& all.

We’re committed to letting them in this season, at least for the first game, so be it. But when they get their songbook out, and particularly their new one about Walter, Jimmy and the Goalie, we should have the f*ckers recorded in full HD and ban their fans completely and permanently.

If it was a competitive advantage, are you able to provide evidence to support your claim?

Do the results support your claim that they had a competitive advantage? So the results when they had the full broomloan Vs the results since they’ve been given the corner. (I’m discounting Helander 1-0 as there was no fans)

Give them nothing, and in return we take nothing. It’s better to not have them in our Home than to have them come and spill their honking, rancid bile in our presence.

Don’t let any of them in. That’s my personal stance.
Correct we don’t need them, don’t have to hear their shit directly for a whole season, I would take that forever and a day.

I attend away games and I'm delighted at this news.

The fascination to get into the piggery at the expense of our own at Ibrox mystifies me.

Aye it's magic when you're there when we gub them, but they don't deserve a bigger allocation at Ibrox than anyone else in the league, and they've been treated accordingly.
This puzzles me when folk make it out like your going to watch Celtic, the fascination is going to support Rangers in one of the biggest fixtures of the season, actually quite sad that some kids won't ever see Rangers winning at the piggery.

It's been said countless times there could be a compromise and give them the European allocation, not entirely sure why folk are ignoring that.

This puzzles me when folk make it out like your going to watch Celtic, the fascination is going to support Rangers in one of the biggest fixtures of the season, actually quite sad that some kids won't ever see Rangers winning at the piggery.

It's been said countless times there could be a compromise and give them the European allocation, not entirely sure why folk are ignoring that.

We must be the only support in the world that has a sizeable portion of it that looks down their noses at people that want to go and support the team.

It’s bizarre.

If it was a competitive advantage, are you able to provide evidence to support your claim?

Do the results support your claim that they had a competitive advantage? So the results when they had the full broomloan Vs the results since they’ve been given the corner. (I’m discounting Helander 1-0 as there was no fans)

I think you’ve misunderstood me slightly although I do think the stats would back up the point you’re making here.

Since the rearrangement they’ve only won twice at Ibrox (I think) in four seasons (the 2-0 where Eduoard and Hayes scored and the 2-1 game in March this year).

However, that’s not really the point I was making. My competitive advantage point is more aimed the comparison/difference between how the two supports are treated in the others stadium.

When we go to their place we were put in a shitty corner and even watching on tv you’d barely ever see us whereas we were giving them an entire stand.

You only have to look at the old firm results over the last 20 years to see that they win far more often at Ibrox than we do at Parkhead and there’s no doubt in my mind the away allocations had a part to play in it.

I find it quite bizarre as well.

It says to me that people hate Celtic more than they love Rangers.

He’s probably referring to the period of 2 or 3 years where we got pumped. I think they beat us 5 times in a row at Ibrox. Not sure if that was a competitive advantage as we were also rubbish.

That period of pumpings was the real catalyst for this.

Based on what exactly?

Because your a Rangers fan and going to watch Rangers is something that should make you happy.

If you’re denying yourself the opportunity to go and watch Rangers because you hate the other team too much (or come up with one of the other excuses like “I don’t want to fund them”) then I’d argue you hate the other team more than you love Rangers.

They have a stadium which holds more so we would have a larger amount of fans. That is never going to happen in this country.
They hold too much sway with the MSM, the ruling body in football in Scotland and the ruling party They would never agree to it and the before mentioned would back them to the hilt.
The ruling party have a diddy MP who said bus services were sectarian as the bus services were reduced on St Patricks day. They would have a field day with this.
I agree it's the fairest way but it would never happen unless we had a bigger stadium IMO. Sadly I don't see that happening.
Apologies for being so vague. I was doing other things when reading the thread.
Not sure what size of stadium has to do with it
Then we remain at status quo for evermore with the breakdown to a solution being them.

He’s probably referring to the period of 2 or 3 years where we got pumped. I think they beat us 5 times in a row at Ibrox. Not sure if that was a competitive advantage as we were also rubbish.

That period of pumpings was the real catalyst for this.

I’m not. I’m basing it on a much larger sample size. Celtic have been beating us semi regularly at Ibrox since O’Neill became their manager.

Since O’Neill was appointed, you could probably count on the one hand (Im thinking 5 off the top of my head) how many times we’ve won at Parkhead between then and now but they’ve had far more success at Ibrox in the same period.

I’m not. I’m basing it on a much larger sample size. Celtic have been beating us semi regularly at Ibrox since O’Neill became their manager.

Since O’Neill was appointed, you could probably count on the one hand (Im thinking 5 off the top of my head) how many times we’ve won at Parkhead between then and now but they’ve had far more success at Ibrox in the same period.
Sorry I wasn’t insinuating that you hadn’t done your research. Was more that it was that period when folk started to get annoyed.

I think you’ve misunderstood me slightly although I do think the stats would back up the point you’re making here.

Since the rearrangement they’ve only won twice at Ibrox (I think) in four seasons (the 2-0 where Eduoard and Hayes scored and the 2-1 game in March this year).

However, that’s not really the point I was making. My competitive advantage point is more aimed the comparison/difference between how the two supports are treated in the others stadium.

When we go to their place we were put in a shitty corner and even watching on tv you’d barely ever see us whereas we were giving them an entire stand.

You only have to look at the old firm results over the last 20 years to see that they win far more often at Ibrox than we do at Parkhead and there’s no doubt in my mind the away allocations had a part to play in it.
If they had a competitive advantage I would expect their % of victories at Ibrox to be lower since we cut their allocation

With away fans present, it’s 2 wins for us (both 18/19 season) and 2 wins for them (1 in 19/20 and 1 in 21/22).

If you look at the results since 2006/07, theres not a significant difference in their overall % wins at Ibrox so I fail to see how they had a competitive advantage? Maybe I’m being silly here but surely if they had an advantage it would be visible in their results?

Take 16/17 and 17/18 out of the equation as our team was utterly dreadful and a complete outlier in terms of it being comparable to the norm

If they change it again, it is like the oz trip and not reading the room. The majority of fans are more than happy with the 800. We're just doing what we do for every other club.

Get rangers fans in the stadium to back our team. We changed it for a reason, and the reason hasn't changed, we don't want to linked to that club and their behaviors in any way.

Just cause a few pundits want it changed is no reason. The atmosphere is much better, why would we want to hear IRA songs being blasted out at Ibrox?

I can only think there is pressure from sky tv or something?

If they change it again, it is like the oz trip and not reading the room. The majority of fans are more than happy with the 800. We're just doing what we do for every other club.

Get rangers fans in the stadium to back our team. We changed it for a reason, and the reason hasn't changed, we don't want to linked to that club and their behaviors in any way.

Just cause a few pundits want it changed is no reason. The atmosphere is much better, why would we want to hear IRA songs being blasted out at Ibrox?

I can only think there is pressure from sky tv or something?
You could well be right here but how can you say that with any degree of certainty without a proper holistic survey being done?

Can you evidence what information backs up the claim you’ve just made?

For the record, I’m not claiming the opposite as I have no evidence to support that either

Back