Old Firm Facts Article on GlasgowLive re: Morelos/Leckie

Batigol

Like many, I awoke this morning to the shock news that Alfredo Morelos was a waster and a spoiled, angry brat who slouches about hating his job.

I know, I was surprised too. It turns out I’d imagined the joy he takes in scoring for Rangers , and the ruthless efficiency he displays in front of goal. If he really does hate his job, scoring 28 goals in just 35 games must be a living nightmare for him.

Was this all predicated on the idea that a 23-year-old who had escaped extreme poverty and was adapting to a completely different culture had trouble remaining calm when confronted with taunts from opposing fans and players? The fact that he didn’t wear a big smile while being denied on several opportunities by a superb goalkeeping performance from Fwather Forthter? It’s hard to tell, but I was determined to get to the bottom of it.

With that in mind, I’ve done a bit of research and discovered five particular moments when Alfredo Morelos WAS a waster and a spoiled, angry brat who slouches about hating his job.

1. BENEFIT MATCH IN COLOMBIA

As soon as Rangers’ 2-1 win over Celtic was finished, Morelos jumped on a plane to Colombia to take part in a benefit match. Having set up the Alfredo Morelos Foundation to help deprived children like the spoiled brat that he is, the striker arranged a charity match for a crowd of over 7,000 in his hometown of Cerete.

According to sources at Glasgow Airport, Morelos SLOUCHED around in Departures and WASTED time looking at the classic rock magazines in WH Smith before deciding he couldn’t justify spending a tenner on a magazine about Led Zeppelin.

2. HANDING OUT FOOD PACKAGES IN DEPRIVED AREAS

While in Cerete, Morelos visited some of the town’s most deprived areas and handed over bags of non-perishable food that had been collected during the charity match, just like a spoiled brat would. He then WASTED the locals’ time by posing for photos with them. In one of them, he isn’t even smiling. I mean, he might just be screwing up his eyes because of the sun BUT STILL.

3. BREAKING A EUROPEAN GOALSCORING RECORD

When Morelos reluctantly secured Rangers’ place in the last 32 of the Europa League with a goal against Young Boys at Ibrox , he set a record for the most goals scored before Christmas in a European competition. Accumulating his haul of 14 goals in 14 games must have been unimaginable agony for a man who hates his job.

He even had the AUDACITY to claim “It is amazing to find out that I have broken this record” and “To score for Rangers is always really meaningful to me and I love playing in big European matches here”. “Amazing”? “Really meaningful”? “I love playing”? Guess we can add LIAR to his list of crimes.

4. CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR CHILDREN IN POVERTY

When the Libertines released ‘What a Waster’ in 2002, Morelos was only five years old. When you read this next story, though, you’ll be left in no doubt that the young Colombian was who frontman Pete Doherty had in mind.

Is there anything that so clearly shouts ‘WASTER’ as spending several years delivering toys to children living in poverty at Christmas? When over 300 children received toys on Christmas Eve thanks to the Alfredo Morelos Foundation, their families must have been cursing the spoiled brat responsible.

Maurico Charraasquiel, father of a boy who received presents from Morelos, was clearly being sarcastic when he told the Daily Star: “We are grateful to him (Morelos) for the action he is taking with the children. In return, we wish Alfredo many blessings and continue to represent our municipality well. I want my nephew to become like him”.

TEXTBOOK waster.

5. WRITING A COLUMN COMPARING A PLAYER WHO’S MADE SOME GESTURES TOWARDS OPPOSING FANS, HAD DIFFICULTIES WITH HIS TEMPER AND DIVED DURING A GAME WITH A PLAYER WHO HAS BITTEN OPPONENTS AND RECEIVED AN EIGHT-MATCH BAN AFTER BEING FOUND GUILTY OF HAVING RACIALLY ABUSED PATRICE EVRA, WHILE ALSO LABELLING HIM A ‘WASTER’ AND A ‘SPOILED, ANGRY BRAT’ WHO ‘HATES HIS JOB’

Actually, ignore that last one. Turns out Morelos is the subject of that column, not the writer.

Apologies if already posted.

Any idea who wrote this terrific response to Leckie's hate filled column in today's Sun?

If anything that Leckie article should help us highlight exactly the type of agenda Morelos is up against in this country.

It's so far over the mark that even the most bitter Rangers haters can't deny how out of order it is. It pretty much proves us right in everything we've been saying. He is the target of sheer hate, and it goes way beyond anything he's ever done on a football pitch.

The thing that strikes me about the Lennon story is that the police had a chance to arrest up to 30 people but chose the 17 year old, police bravery at it's best

That article is a wonderful bit of sarcasm that shows up the bread and butter bias against Morelos on a daily basis.

Like many, I awoke this morning to the shock news that Alfredo Morelos was a waster and a spoiled, angry brat who slouches about hating his job.

I know, I was surprised too. It turns out I’d imagined the joy he takes in scoring for Rangers , and the ruthless efficiency he displays in front of goal. If he really does hate his job, scoring 28 goals in just 35 games must be a living nightmare for him.

Was this all predicated on the idea that a 23-year-old who had escaped extreme poverty and was adapting to a completely different culture had trouble remaining calm when confronted with taunts from opposing fans and players? The fact that he didn’t wear a big smile while being denied on several opportunities by a superb goalkeeping performance from Fwather Forthter? It’s hard to tell, but I was determined to get to the bottom of it.

With that in mind, I’ve done a bit of research and discovered five particular moments when Alfredo Morelos WAS a waster and a spoiled, angry brat who slouches about hating his job.

1. BENEFIT MATCH IN COLOMBIA

As soon as Rangers’ 2-1 win over Celtic was finished, Morelos jumped on a plane to Colombia to take part in a benefit match. Having set up the Alfredo Morelos Foundation to help deprived children like the spoiled brat that he is, the striker arranged a charity match for a crowd of over 7,000 in his hometown of Cerete.

According to sources at Glasgow Airport, Morelos SLOUCHED around in Departures and WASTED time looking at the classic rock magazines in WH Smith before deciding he couldn’t justify spending a tenner on a magazine about Led Zeppelin.

2. HANDING OUT FOOD PACKAGES IN DEPRIVED AREAS

While in Cerete, Morelos visited some of the town’s most deprived areas and handed over bags of non-perishable food that had been collected during the charity match, just like a spoiled brat would. He then WASTED the locals’ time by posing for photos with them. In one of them, he isn’t even smiling. I mean, he might just be screwing up his eyes because of the sun BUT STILL.

3. BREAKING A EUROPEAN GOALSCORING RECORD

When Morelos reluctantly secured Rangers’ place in the last 32 of the Europa League with a goal against Young Boys at Ibrox , he set a record for the most goals scored before Christmas in a European competition. Accumulating his haul of 14 goals in 14 games must have been unimaginable agony for a man who hates his job.

He even had the AUDACITY to claim “It is amazing to find out that I have broken this record” and “To score for Rangers is always really meaningful to me and I love playing in big European matches here”. “Amazing”? “Really meaningful”? “I love playing”? Guess we can add LIAR to his list of crimes.

4. CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR CHILDREN IN POVERTY

When the Libertines released ‘What a Waster’ in 2002, Morelos was only five years old. When you read this next story, though, you’ll be left in no doubt that the young Colombian was who frontman Pete Doherty had in mind.

Is there anything that so clearly shouts ‘WASTER’ as spending several years delivering toys to children living in poverty at Christmas? When over 300 children received toys on Christmas Eve thanks to the Alfredo Morelos Foundation, their families must have been cursing the spoiled brat responsible.

Maurico Charraasquiel, father of a boy who received presents from Morelos, was clearly being sarcastic when he told the Daily Star: “We are grateful to him (Morelos) for the action he is taking with the children. In return, we wish Alfredo many blessings and continue to represent our municipality well. I want my nephew to become like him”.

TEXTBOOK waster.

5. WRITING A COLUMN COMPARING A PLAYER WHO’S MADE SOME GESTURES TOWARDS OPPOSING FANS, HAD DIFFICULTIES WITH HIS TEMPER AND DIVED DURING A GAME WITH A PLAYER WHO HAS BITTEN OPPONENTS AND RECEIVED AN EIGHT-MATCH BAN AFTER BEING FOUND GUILTY OF HAVING RACIALLY ABUSED PATRICE EVRA, WHILE ALSO LABELLING HIM A ‘WASTER’ AND A ‘SPOILED, ANGRY BRAT’ WHO ‘HATES HIS JOB’

Actually, ignore that last one. Turns out Morelos is the subject of that column, not the writer.

Apologies if already posted.
Excellent read, thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back