Old Firm fans and the General Election

Trying to work out if a vote for Conservatives in Renfrewshire North would be a waste, as they had a massive gain on SNP at the last election.... not sure if they have enough to overcome the 4K required. Labour were second with 2k behind SNP

This sort of reasoning leaves me baffled. (The bit about your Dad)
The Labour party changes like the weather and the idea that you would feel obliged to vote eg, for Jeremy Corbyn because your father voted for Tony Blair is crazy.
It's like the old adage that Margaret Thatcher would have been elected in Neil Kinnock's constituency if they swapped rosettes.
My dad voted Labour all his life no matter who the leader was, all down to them supposed to be supporting the working class.

but would they if we all voted torry? i no for some its a bitter pill as my father was a miner and my uncle, but Labour SNP are as dirty as each other.
My Father, Grandfather and three Uncles were miners and Conservative and Unionist voters.

Assumptions that Labour were the party of all the working class has contributed to the shambles of Scottish politics.

In truth, the Tories turned their back on what was once a working class Protestant vote while Labour and SNP have gleefully courted the RC vote.

My dad voted Labour all his life no matter who the leader was, all down to them supposed to be supporting the working class.
No disrespect to your Dad as it was a generational thing but your Dad and mine pvoted for nuclear disarmament then they voted against it. They voted for nationalisation then they voted against it, they voted not to be part of the common market/ EU then voted for it. They voted for powerful trade unions then they voted against it etc etc
This voting for a party (any party) like you support a particular football team is insane as is the guilt trip that many take because they differ from their forebears.

The sun can really write some amount of shite. It must be hard for their "journalists" to come up with shite like this every day of the year. Consistency is their strength.Unbelievable.

The scum and the retard have been competing to print the bestest shite possible for so called voice of the people readership for yonks.

Exactly get them out.

I’m Lanark and Hamilton East, SNP only have a majority of around 300 on Conservatives.

I’ll be at the polling station at 7:30am to do all I can to ensure a Conservative victory before heading off to work.
Same constituency as myself. I’ve just had a look at the results from the last election and the majority was actually 267. I had planned to vote LibDem but will now be voting Conservative as there’s areal opportunity to oust the Natzi candidate here !!

Nonsense. SNP or Lib Dems for me, depending on who's got the best chance of winning in my area.

P.S. They're a social democratic party. Pretty far from nazism if you know what you're talking about.
wee nippy and the nazis are closer to Nazism than Adolph was.must be the flag waving you like as i cant think of one other thing

I’m going to have to do a postal vote. I leave for work at 6am before the polling station opens then head straight to Ibrox after work and won’t get back in time before it closes.

Same constituency as myself. I’ve just had a look at the results from the last election and the majority was actually 267. I had planned to vote LibDem but will now be voting Conservative as there’s areal opportunity to oust the Natzi candidate here !!

100% Agree my friend.

In our constituency if we can convince some Labour/Lib dem voters who hate SNP to vote Tory to get the natz out then it’s achievable.

Considering tactically voting.
SNP only won Motherwell seat by around 300 votes at the last election so pondering over voting labour to help oust SNP.

That’s your only option if getting the SNP out is the aim.

It’s certainly my aim.

Get them out.

LOL, they used the wrong picture again.

I actually said I didn't think it would have much of an affect as the fanbase is spread throughout the country but it possibly could in Fife and Perthshire where every vote will count as it went to several recounts last time round.

Anyway I have a postal vote.

That’s the idea. Ayrshire Central couple thousand votes behind SNP, if enough people who voted labour last time tactically vote Tory then could be close.
they hold it now by a 2774 majority
General election 2017: Ayr, Carrick, and Cumnock[8]
PartyCandidateVotes%±
ConservativeBill Grant18,55040.1+20.3
SNPCorri Wilson15,77634.1-14.7
LabourCarol Mochan11,02423.9-3.4
Liberal DemocratCallum Leslie8721.9+0.2
Majority2,7746.0N/A
Turnout46,29664.9-6.6
Conservative gain from SNPSwing+17.5

they hold it now by a 2774 majority
General election 2017: Ayr, Carrick, and Cumnock[8]
PartyCandidateVotes%±
ConservativeBill Grant18,55040.1+20.3
SNPCorri Wilson15,77634.1-14.7
LabourCarol Mochan11,02423.9-3.4
Liberal DemocratCallum Leslie8721.9+0.2
Majority2,7746.0N/A
Turnout46,29664.9-6.6
Conservative gain from SNPSwing+17.5

Yeah in south ayrshire. I’m talking about ‘central Ayrshire’ , as it’s called in the elections, part of north ayrshire. Where torys were 2k behind snp.

I'm sorry, but if this is what they're counting as news worthy of publishing, I hope the staff at these papers suffer redundancy.

You deserve to suffer for printing that guff.

That’s the idea. Ayrshire Central couple thousand votes behind SNP, if enough people who voted labour last time tactically vote Tory then could be close.
Tory vote was 1267 votes behind the SNPs Philippa Whitford in the last election with labour a further 4578 votes behind, Lib Dem’s lost their deposit- tactically voting conservative to oust the separatists is our best chance

It’s such a shame that so many are voting on reasons that might not suit them socially or morally simply because they have such strong views on subjects like independence, brexit etc.

there are folks who wound still say they hold traditional labour values who will be voting conservatives

there could be Tory voters who want to stay in Europe voting labour or Lib Dem

and whilst we have a first past the post system we will always have a government who most of the country have not voted for despite who gets in,

I’m almost in favour now of PR and coalition governments.

It’s such a shame that so many are voting on reasons that might not suit them socially or morally simply because they have such strong views on subjects like independence, brexit etc.

there are folks who wound still say they hold traditional labour values who will be voting conservatives

and whilst we have a first past the post system we will always have a government who most of the country have not voted for despite who gets in,

The thing is the SNP tramps will vote in numbers they always do.

The other voters are split.

At least with NI politics you can second guess.

I don't live in Scotland - although I hope to again in the near future - so I don't have the opportunity to help oust the natz - I have to rely on you good folks to do that for me -

A big thank you to one & all of you - appreciate it

Considering tactically voting.
SNP only won Motherwell seat by around 300 votes at the last election so pondering over voting labour to help oust SNP.

I’m doing the same thing.

Labour came in 2nd in my constituency by a smallish margin. Conservatives and Lib Dem miles and miles off the pace.So, it’s got to be Labour for me.

Whatever keeps SNP out just has to be done.

Another independence referendum is exactly that which this country DOESN’T need right now.

Living in Glasgow Central means I have the useless Alison Thewlis as my MP, she had a 3000 majority over Labour in 2017. Our Conservative doubled their vote to over 5000, I'll be voting Unionist again just to see my vote on election might and as a personal protest against secession. Shame we don't have PR,but every vote against the nationalists shows them the popular vote is for our union.

I'd imagine for most, not voting snp is perfectly acceptable both morally and socially.
Education and health are an utter shambles, outside investment stagnant at best and youth unemployment is on the rise.
Vital services continue to be cut for many and we are taxed more than the rest of the UK for the pleasure.
Of course it all ties in with independence as losing that particular vote would only see everything listed worse than it already is.

I don't think it sad in the slightest that we'll see tactical voting. I'd rather my vote went some way to improving Scotland than just voting Conservative because that's my party of choice.

Tactical voting shouldn't need to be necessary- but regrettably that's the practical reality we're now forced with in Britain (not just Scotland)

Having to vote for the 'best' of a bad bunch - is still bad - & we shouldn't forget that - but not voting is worse imo

I don’t think it’ll affect as many as they’ve suggested.

I’ll be up at 5am for work and then straight to the train station to get through for the game. Can’t really be arsed heading back in the opposite direction to vote.

I’ll check out registering for a postal vote instead.

I'm voting Tory.Hate Corbyn,that rat Swinson and I fucking hate Krankie.Lesser of all evils is Boris.
Absolutely agree and I have a sitting Tory so I can vote the way I want. However in Scotland we need to unseat the secessionists where ever we can and that means voting for the sitting MP if that MP is not a nationalist or voting for whoever was second in 2017. @academical posted that 22 secessionist seats are classed as marginal with sub 3000 majorities some only hold seats by a few votes. Vote the right way and we can unseat them the $64000 question is will enough people do it?

Absolutely agree and I have a sitting Tory so I can vote the way I want. However in Scotland we need to unseat the secessionists where ever we can and that means voting for the sitting MP if that MP is not a nationalist or voting for whoever was second in 2017. @academical posted that 22 secessionist seats are classed as marginal with sub 3000 majorities some only hold seats by a few votes. Vote the right way and we can unseat them the $64000 question is will enough people do it?

No point coming on here moaning about how the councils, the press, the country in general, are all against us if you don't make the effort to get rid of the nationalists and vote for your Unionist party of choice.

I don’t think it’ll affect as many as they’ve suggested.

I’ll be up at 5am for work and then straight to the train station to get through for the game. Can’t really be arsed heading back in the opposite direction to vote.

I’ll check out registering for a postal vote instead.

POSTAL VOTES - THEY CAN MAKE A VITAL DIFFERENCE

Both now and in future elections - especially in the council votes as the voter turnout is often very low and a handful of votes can make the difference.

Please get your friends and family to sign up for postal votes.

For this General Election - you need to register for a postal vote by 26 November 2019.

You download the form from this website -

Scotland has to rid itself of the SNP bigots
They are not the voice of Scotland,
If that means voting tactically to achieve this then this is what we have to do
even if it goes against the grain
I myself will use my postal vote to vote for a party I have nothing but contempt for but the alternative is SNP who won it marginally last time by 75 votes from Labour
Breaks my heart as I detest the two of them but Scotland has to be cleansed of the SNP scum first

POSTAL VOTES - THEY CAN MAKE A VITAL DIFFERENCE

Both now and in future elections - especially in the council votes as the voter turnout is often very low and a handful of votes can make the difference.

Please get your friends and family to sign up for postal votes.

For this General Election - you need to register for a postal vote by 26 November 2019.

You download the form from this website -

Got one sorted for my daughter (no pics not a chance) as she’s away at the election so she can vote Tory and help retain the seat.

Back