Old firm game in october

albertz_left_peg

With these new restrictions today I honestly can’t see this now going ahead.

A massive game like the old firm where normally 60k would be attending will now be all heading for pubs and houses. I just can’t see this being allowed to go ahead now with the fear of large “illegal” gatherings.

It will go ahead no way can they postpone that and the conceivably be in the same situation in January and make us play them at Ibrox behind closed doors or postpone that so it ends up with playing all the games against them at the end of the season

A massive game like the old firm where normally 60k would be attending will now be all heading for pubs and houses. I just can’t see this being allowed to go ahead now with the fear of large “illegal” gatherings.

I honestly can't believe the drama merchants.

Next we will be cancelling christmas.

Don’t see the issue with pubs, limited numbers, ticket only

people having house parties to watch the game - hard to enforce

The only circs under which this game does not go ahead are if the virus spread continues to increase, and the gov go for the circuit breaker lock down idea in October.

There have been massive games all over Europe which have taken place BCD at the end of last season and so far this season, with no issues.

Why does Scotland think it is a special case - when it absolutely isn't ?

The game should definitely go ahead.

There's normally 50k at Ibrox for every home game and they'd have you believe they have a sell out at their games, so I don't see the difference. I'd wager there's more people pile round to others houses for the 'Strictly' or 'I'm a Celebrity' finals. Just because they're not football fans, it doesn't lower the risk, so where do you draw the line? Short of a complete curfew and TV blackout of popular events, I don't think you can.

It will go ahead.

They’ll no doubt be pushing stuff into the media to try and delay & postpone til crowds are back. It worked once didn’t it?

Hopefully the incompetent powers at be hold firm & get the matches played. Hugely disappointing there won’t be crowds back in general though.

It will go ahead.

They’ll no doubt be pushing stuff into the media to try and delay & postpone til crowds are back. It worked once didn’t it?

Hopefully the incompetent powers at be hold firm & get the matches played. Hugely disappointing there won’t be crowds back in general though.
The suns already asking the question “should the game go ahead”

No doubt the manks will be looking for ways to get this cancelled, they worked so hard with Doncaster and the media to get the game delayed till October so plan b could be getting worked on.

Second thread on this in the last couple of hours!

Possibly won’t be fans this season certainly not till after the Newyear so it will need to be played.

Pubs wont be the issue, they will have strict social distancing measures in place, especially as they will be getting visited by the police.

It's the gatherings in houses that is the problem.

It must go ahead, st mirren did not have a keeper and their was no postponement, unless their is a second coming of jesus christ the mentally challengeds have not got a case.

There's no reason why it wouldn't go ahead plus the spfl(we all have our opinions on that lot) won't want this postponed as they really don't have much wriggle room on future dates.

I don't see how it's any different to say the 1st game of the season vs the Sheep, we had been starved of football for months and were all desperate to get to the pubs etc.

I know it's a bigger game but it shouldn't be off, the police aren't furloughed!

I don't see how it's any different to say the 1st game of the season vs the Sheep, we had been starved of football for months and were all desperate to get to the pubs etc.

I know it's a bigger game but it shouldn't be off, the police aren't furloughed!
It's not different, circumstances are though.

I'm not saying I think it wont go ahead but I wouldn't be surprised.

There are already restrictions on visiting anyone else’s house. There are already restrictions on what pubs can do. Is an Old Firm game higher risk than the range of big games already played or scheduled?
Any decision to postpone this game will be the clearest evidence of the control Celtic exerts over the Scottish football authorities, Scottish media, Police Scotland and the Scottish Government. It would be a disgraceful power play placing their interests above public life. Would they chance the public exposure of their power?

Who’s going to cancel it for what reason?
If covid figures continue to rise in the next 2 weeks and people are still having house parties and ignoring the guidance then I wouldn't be surprised if the government step in and cancel it.

Again I'm not saying this will definitely happen but it's a possibility, I dont see how people can deny this, I dont think anything is off the table with this virus

If this is even being discussed is it a case of people’s perceptions of “old firm” fans? Like when you meet an English guy on holiday and he thinks you fight with mentally challengeds on a daily basis? :))

We won't know if the game is on or off until we hear from Lennon.

Can't see how they would justify bumping our game on its own. Plus SKY will be having a say.

However experience has shown us to expect aberrant decisions from the SPFL.

Back