Old firm game in october

If covid figures continue to rise in the next 2 weeks and people are still having house parties and ignoring the guidance then I wouldn't be surprised if the government step in and cancel it.

But you’re saying the house parties are happening regardless.

What do they expect by cancelling one game of football being played in an empty stadium?

If the OF game is singled out for special treatment i.e. being the only game postponed to suit them,we have to fight it with everything we have.

With these new restrictions today I honestly can’t see this now going ahead.

A massive game like the old firm where normally 60k would be attending will now be all heading for pubs and houses. I just can’t see this being allowed to go ahead now with the fear of large “illegal” gatherings.

The pubs will have to observe Covid distancing rules or face being shut down. Cant remember who said that today, Johnson or Sturgeon. One of them.

According to the Evening/Glasgow Times this afternoon, the game is expected to go ahead.

If this is even being discussed is it a case of people’s perceptions of “old firm” fans? Like when you meet an English guy on holiday and he thinks you fight with mentally challengeds on a daily basis? :))
You don't fight with them on a daily basis.

A massive game like the old firm where normally 60k would be attending will now be all heading for pubs and houses. I just can’t see this being allowed to go ahead now with the fear of large “illegal” gatherings.
Absolutely no reason why the game won’t be played. Why should other teams be disadvantaged by Scum and Rangers being allowed a weeks rest.

But you’re saying the house parties are happening regardless.

What do they expect by cancelling one game of football being played in an empty stadium?
The OF game will see lots of dfferent households mixing to watch the game. On top of the usual Friday or Saturday night parties. I think that is pretty much a certainty.

Whether the government sees it as too much of a risk is up to them to decide.

Because it’s not in Celtic’s interests to have none of their fans there. They’ve already been accommodated once on this game, why not again ?
Mate, there isnt going to be fans at a game all season. Certainly not in meaningful numbers. If it does get postponed, there wont be fans at the rearranged date either

Mate, there isnt going to be fans at a game all season. Certainly not in meaningful numbers. If it does get postponed, there wont be fans at the rearranged date either
Yeah, the season is gone as far as fans are concerned in my opinion, but the powers that be might hold this fixture for as long as possible in the slightest hope that things change. It’s already been moved from its traditional date. Don’t rule anything out.

Rubbish

Don’t see why. Pubs have to follow guidelines and have limited numbers.
People have been trusted so far to follow guidelines for going to other households.
if the game gets postponed for this reason then we all may as well just give up on football.

The game at the Knewcamp will be played.
Glasgow Old Bill don't need to attend the Meccano Dome in force and will have the numbers to police the city centre boozers on social distancing and any other situations that arise.

Celtic will get what Celtic want , the game in this country is run for their sole benefit , and there will be no intervention from Nippy.

Was on here that Keevins is now pushing for this. I can't see why it can't go ahead.

The game will go ahead. Pubs will need to comply to normal restrictions like they would on say a Saturday night.

It’s pretty straightforward if the government are worried about folk gathering at pubs and houses.

TV blackout!

The one option would be for sturgeon to close bars on October 17th just for that day

Nonsense.

Pubs need to adhere to the restrictions regardless if they're showing the football or not.

If people are going to get their mates round for a piss up they'll do it regardless of an Old Firm game or not.

Absolutely no reason the game shouldn't go ahead.

Nonsense.

Pubs need to adhere to the restrictions regardless if they're showing the football or not.

If people are going to get their mates round for a piss up they'll do it regardless of an Old Firm game or not.

Absolutely no reason the game shouldn't go ahead.
Celtic lobbying the SPFL is reason enough.

Manchester Utd have 75k empty seats for every home game. Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool have around 60k. Do you think this is the only country where people go to the pub. Jeez oh.

It’s down to sky, and they are not paying peanuts to tickle the monkeys baws, the game will go ahead as scheduled by Skysports.
As an aside: Thank fúćk the clubs voted not to give the Spfail the powers to act as they see fit!!

Give yerself peace!
Massive games going on all over Europe with no issues! We have 50000 every home game with no problems!
This type of reaction is what they want as the mhanks are desperate for the game not to go ahead without a crowd!

there's far more than 60k that wouldn't be attending this game anyway and would be heading to the pubs and houses

having no fans at this won't make a difference

All chat of it being cancelled is coming from the mentally challengeds’ side, weird that.

If there’s any delaying of the game though, the club can’t do its usual and take that bent over without making a big fuss.

Except they're not, are they? Only in the lunatic minds of some zoomers on here.
Would it surprise you if they did?
Lennon has made enough noise about lack of fans , they won’t want to play the game behind closed doors.

More chance of Nippy pumping Samon on the daily update than that happening mate!
Ql4Hrvs.png

Back