Old firm game in october

Why if they follow the guidelines it won’t be packed out
Agreed. The game has nothing to do with people flouting the restrictions. It's a game of football albeit a big one for us.
A minority aren't abiding by the rules, if they had then we would be in a different situation.

With these new restrictions today I honestly can’t see this now going ahead.

A massive game like the old firm where normally 60k would be attending will now be all heading for pubs and houses. I just can’t see this being allowed to go ahead now with the fear of large “illegal” gatherings.
giphy.gif

I've been saying for weeks that if they don't get their rancid fans in for the game then they will try to get it postponed until they can. They thought they got away with it with the fixture being announced for mid-Oct but that's blown up for them so they will now ramp up the pressure in other ways. You can already see this happening with the rags like the sun coming out with statements like "Celtic-Rangers match gets stay of execution for now" and auld pishy drawers Keevins is starting his campaign to get the match postponed.

A week before the game, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they all suddenly had an "outbreak", they have previous for using underhand tactics to get what they want (tour of Japan for example)

Last edited:
Another outbreak and they will have to pay the balance of their fine can they afford it. Would the SPFL not be in breach of contract with Sky too wanting 4 OF games a season or as many as possible in the event of the Toytown Parliament pulling the plug on Scottish football for this season.

I've been saying for weeks that if they don't get their rancid fans in for the game then they will try to get it postponed until they can. They thought they got away with it with the fixture being announced for mid-Oct but that's blown up for them so they will now ramp up the pressure in other ways. You can already see this happening with the rags like the sun coming out with statements like "Celtic-Rangers match gets stay of execution for now" and auld pishy drawers Keevins is starting his campaign to get the match postponed.

A week before the game, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they all suddenly had an "outbreak", they have previous for using underhand tactics to get what they want (tour of Japan for example)
Was one on snyde last night wanting the game postponed for three months, said it wouldn't be safe, the only safety issue would be the hoardes of mankies who would turn up outside with their abuse at our players and lighting their flares and smoke bombs and the cops would do nothing. You can bet there will be loads of them outside even though it will be behind closed doors.

Was one on snyde last night wanting the game postponed for three months, said it wouldn't be safe, the only safety issue would be the hoardes of mankies who would turn up outside with their abuse at our players and lighting their flares and smoke bombs and the cops would do nothing. You can bet there will be loads of them outside even though it will be behind closed doors.

That is a certainty mate. The groin brigade will be there in numbers outside the stadium.

I honestly can't believe the drama merchants.

Next we will be cancelling christmas.
fook your going to be disappointed on the 25th of December did you not hear ;) Santa can't come covit restrictions with all that self-isolation in every country we be lucky to see him by 2044.

Crowds outside the stadium are an issue for the police.

Whilst it is a game vs. Celtic, at the end of the day it is an SPFL football match to be played behind closed doors. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course it is a huge game but there should be no hysteria about it

Mr Keevins has started spouting the same shite. ...

He's spouted this guff for one reason.

He's been told by the filth to put up all sorts of excuses, get into into the public domain, that this first league fixture v them, which was already put back at their instigation, should be cancelled 'just in case' fans don't follow the rules.

Fans milling around outside the scum hut to get a 'piece of the action' he said.

If Rangers fans haven't been milling around outside at Aberdeen, Livi, Hamilton and Easter Rd, why the hell would we be 'milling around' outside the scum hut?

A massive game like the old firm where normally 60k would be attending will now be all heading for pubs and houses. I just can’t see this being allowed to go ahead now with the fear of large “illegal” gatherings.
You send police to these large gatherings to shut them down.
You warn pubs in the lead up.
You may even shut some or all down for the day.

Football is a game. It'll be played in an empty stadium.
Organisations side stepping their duty to tell us everything is footballs fault is as Scottish as Haggis these days .

Except they're not, are they? Only in the lunatic minds of some zoomers on here.

A couple of questions.

Why was this particular fixture put back till October?

If Ibrox was rostered in to host the first OF league match for this season, do you think it would have been played by now?

Be funny if our lot turned up and did that.
Would love to see the scum players faces.

I take your point however Chelsea v Liverpool was played last weekend and we still await the El Classicos, Manchester derbies etc...The game should go ahead as planned, if for no other reason that Lennon, if memory serves correctly wanted it put back to ensure they had fans in.

Be 1 way of keeping folk at home, can Stompy enforce a 1 day hospitality shutdown? The game will be on I'm sure of it

Lets be honest, it is highly unlikely there will be fans back in grounds in time for the New Year Old Firm game (certainly not a full house) so cancelling a 1 off game achieves absolutely nothing.

cancelling a game fearing pubs might be full and people gathering in houses would open a huge can of worms.

Because you can apply the same theory to every game.

If this game is cancelled for any reason it would be nothing more than the authorities doing celtics bidding for them.
it is no different to any other game in the current circumstances and should be treated no differently.
The scum are running scared that’s the crux of it.

All of you that want to close pubs is an idiotic idea, all the pubs will be under scrutiny, even more than normal that day.
We obey all the rules and regulations that are in place and lets our fans who maybe don't see anyone from week to week, allow themselves a bit of company.
People are ignoring the loneliness, isolation, and mental health problems that individuals have that are helped in a small way by being able to attend the pub to watch football.
Your lack of understanding or empathy for other people's worries is quite simply ignorant and disappointing.
The problem is the selfish people who don't care about other people's health and will all gather in each others houses. You all should be ashamed of yourself

The idea of cancelling this is building in the media.

The club cannot let the fans down with their response to this - if they do need to respond - as they so often do.

If gathering in boozers is a problem, then get the game kicked off sometime in a window 9:00am >10:00am when the majority of boozers are closed.

If gathering in boozers is a problem, then get the game kicked off sometime in a window 9:00am >10:00am when the majority of boozers are closed.
That's a great idea then don't let them open the next day, that will solve the problem of GOVID, in fact, why not go the whole hog and close pubs down, after all, it is only about1.5million jobs in the UK
And while we are at it, why not close every Restuarant, cafe, and any other places that sell food and try and sort the Obesity problem out.
Let's ban Tobacco while we are at it

If the French can run a bloody Tour de France over 3 weeks and the US can run the golf Open, this game can happen, despite the SNP pant wetting. Come on...

That's a great idea then don't let them open the next day, that will solve the problem of GOVID, in fact, why not go the whole hog and close pubs down, after all, it is only about1.5million jobs in the UK
And while we are at it, why not close every Restuarant, cafe, and any other places that sell food and try and sort the Obesity problem out.
Let's ban Tobacco while we are at it
It's for two hours max
Not long term

There is absolutely no issue with gathering in pubs. They have social distancing measures in place and will be getting even more visits from plod than usual I would imagine

Why can it not go ahead? If no fans in ground and pubs are following the guidelines what’s the issue!

Police and local authorities just need to do their job and make sure rules are being inforced over that weekend .

If the French can run a bloody Tour de France over 3 weeks and the US can run the golf Open, this game can happen, despite the SNP pant wetting. Come on...

Why would what is going on in different countries (and on a different continent) have any bearing on whether we can play them?

The fiddlers want this game OFF, and if Jimmy krankie doesn't help them then they'll have their players come down wi covid.

Watch this fuukin space.

They are desperate to have fans in for one reason and one reason only.
They need the money.
Hence the reason Edouard will be sold.

We are talking about a football club that has no shame or morals ( Phill O’Donnell anyone?? ) when it comes to something they want.
But when it came to one of their best servants ( Tommy Burns ) they insisted that he would’ve wanted them to play on.

We are talking about a football club that has no shame or morals ( Phill O’Donnell anyone?? ) when it comes to something they want.
But when it came to one of their best servants ( Tommy Burns ) they insisted that he would’ve wanted them to play on.
Why would Celtic want the game postponed? I dont get it

Back