Old Firm should battle it out for Porteous - Kris Boyd

Porteous has a criminal conviction for assaulting a female with a tumbler and splitting her head open! Of course he is an Edinburgh chav.
He does but he didn’t glass the woman Begbie style - it was a plastic tumbler he threw in the air.

I’m certainly not sticking up for him over this event but let’s not be hypocrites and suggest young men, footballers don’t do daft things.

He does but he didn’t glass the woman Begbie style - it was a plastic tumbler he threw in the air.

I’m certainly not sticking up for him over this event but let’s not be hypocrites and suggest young men, footballers don’t do daft things.
He threw the glass at her that hard it split her head open. For a plastic tumber to split someone's head open he has to have smashed it at her head.. He's a vile rat and should be nowhere near us and tbh, you do yourself no favours trying to make it sound if it was some accident. It wasnt an accident, he was acting the chav. He was also part of a group that stole a memorial from a women's garden for her mum had had died with dementia!

He threw the glass at her that hard it split her head open. For a plastic tumber to split someone's head open he has to have smashed it at her head.. He's a vile rat and should be nowhere near us and tbh, you do yourself no favours trying to make it sound if it was some accident. It wasnt an accident, he was acting the chav.

At absolute no point did she have her head split open you are talking absolute rubbish. He was guilty of throwing a plastic tumbler in the air resulting in a small scratch/cut. It wasn’t a glass. Check for yourself.

I’m not saying it was an accident either ffs….I’m giving a balanced view and young men, footballers often do stupid things.

It wasn’t the Begbie in Trainspotting picture you are painting.

At absolute no point did she have her head split open you are talking absolute rubbish. He was guilty of throwing a plastic tumbler in the air resulting in a small scratch/cut. It wasn’t a glass.

I’m not saying it was an accident either ffs….I’m giving a balanced view and young men,footballers often do stupid things.

It wasn’t the Begbie in Trainspotting picture you are painting.
Am I talking rubbish?

"star Ryan Porteous has been convicted of throwing a plastic tumbler in a pub which caused a cut to a woman’s head"

If you head is cut open, they have split your head open! Who throws tumblers at people and goes in to residents gardens to nick memorials to dead parents? .. Chavs do that! .

Am I talking rubbish?

"star Ryan Porteous has been convicted of throwing a plastic tumbler in a pub which caused a cut to a woman’s head"

If you head is cut open, they have split your head open! Who throws tumblers at people .. Chavs do that! .
Yes you are talking rubbish and contradicting yourself.

Your exact words were he threw a GLASS at her that hard it split her head open (if he did do this he would of recieved a custodial sentence and the woman would of required surgery)

He threw a plastic tumbler in the air that resulted in a small cut to the womans head.

Not quite the same.

100% it is wrong an absolute idiot thing to do but young men do ridiculous things all the time,

Yes you are talking rubbish and contradicting your self.

Your exact words were he threw a GLASS at her that hard it split her head open (if he did do this he would of recieved a custodial sentence and the woman would of required surgery)

He threw a plastic tumbler in the air that resulted in a small cut to the womans head.

Not quite the same.

100% it is wrong an absolute idiot thing to do but young men do ridiculous things all the time,
Youre splitting hairs! Glass/ tumbler its the same thing for christ sake! The facts are he has a criminal conviction for assaulting a female with a glass/tumbler that made her head bleed !

That's who you want to play for us?

* On a side note, not everyone that has a convicting for such an assault has received a custodial sentence and I doubt he would have, given he will have no previous.

Youre splitting hairs! Glass/ tumbler its the same thing for christ sake! The facts are he has a criminal conviction for assaulting a female with a glass/tumbler that made her head bleed !

That's who you want to play for us?

* On a side note, not everyone that has a convicting for such an assault has received a custodial sentence and I doubt he would have, given he will have no previous.

OMG you’re getting absolutley ridiculous looking up historical court cases.

I’m giving a balanced opinion and you don’t like the fact I called you out for talking absolute rubbish and massively exaggerating.

You’re words “he smashed a GLASS so hard in to her face” For me this sounds like a very serious assault, smashing a glass in to someone face that hard - exaggerating BIG TIME.

This didn’t happen at all and a glass tumbler isn’t anything similar to a plastic one so we are not splitting hairs

When did I say I wanted him to play for us?

You don’t read posts eh? You’re just unbelievably reactive.

Howling at you Googling historic cases btw.

Try putting in plastic and glass.

OMG you’re getting absolutley ridiculous looking up historical court cases.

I’m giving a balanced opinion and you don’t like the fact I called you out for talking absolute rubbish and massively exaggerating.

You’re words “he smashed a GLASS so hard in to her face” For me this sounds like a very serious assault, smashing a glass in to someone face that hard - exaggerating BIG TIME.

This didn’t happen at all and a glass tumbler isn’t anything similar to a plastic one so we are not splitting hairs

When did I say I wanted him to play for us?
You said he would have received a custodial sentence, I knew he wouldn't and I wanted to show you why he wouldnt.!

Its not massively exaggerating. Does he have a conviction for assaulting a female and making her head bleed? Yes he does. The fact is to make someone's head bleed with a plastic tumbler you'd need to really hit them hard with it. You tried to paint this picture of Porteous as this misunderstood nice lad when in reality, he's a chav and thug.

You do know he admitted his own guilt in court!

You said he would have received a custodial sentence, I knew he wouldn't and I wanted to show you why he wouldnt.!

Its not massively exaggerating. Does he have a conviction for assaulting a female and making her head bleed? Yes he does. The fact is to make someone's head bleed with a plastic tumbler you'd need to really hit them hard with it. You tried to paint this picture of Porteous as this misunderstood nice lad when in reality, he's a chav and thug.

You do know he admitted his own guilt in court!
Listen this is ridiculous.

I clearly only corrected your massive exaggeration that he didn’t smash a glass so hard in to a womans face (this sounds horrific) I said this is rubbish, which it is and you’re wording to me sounded so bad that would be a custodial sentence. Thank you for correcting me with your historical Googling.

He in fact, admitted to throwing a plastic glass in the air that cut/grazed a woman.

You also said that I wanted him to play for us, I didn’t say that.

I didn’t paint any picture again you are making that up - I said young men do stupid things all the time.

You don’t like him I totally get it but stop being so reactive so early on a Sunday.

This is a forum for opinions - just giving a balanced view.

Listen this is ridiculous.

I clearly only corrected your massive exaggeration that he didn’t smash a glass so hard in to a womans face (this sounds horrific) I said this is rubbish, which it is and you’re wording to me sounded so bad that would be a custodial sentence. Thank you for correcting me with your historical Googling.

He in fact, admitted to throwing a plastic glass in the air that cut/grazed a woman.

You also said that I wanted him to play for us, I didn’t say that.

I didn’t paint any picture again you are making that up - I said young men do stupid things all the time.

You don’t like him I totally get it but stop being so reactive so early on a Sunday.

This is a forum for opinions - just giving a balanced view.
We just aren't going to agree. You think he's a misunderstood lad and I think he's a vile thug. and a rat with conviction for assaulting a female and making her head bleed and there's also the stealing a memorial from a lady's garden for her dead mum but, as you say , its about opinions and we are never agreeing on this.

Enjoy your day

Yes you are talking rubbish and contradicting yourself.

Not quite the same.

I’ve never known a plastic tumbler launched in the air to cut someone’s head and I’ve seen dozens thrown at gigs over the years.

If its cut her it’s not as innocent as your trying to make out.

Your son is an areshole Mr Porteous go back to the Hibs forum B-D

I actually think he'll mature into a really good CB and if the deal was right I'd take a gamble on him.

Hes young and has many good attributes.

Once hes away from Hibs and their scum support he'll be able to concentrate fully on improving his game and playing football.

99% will disagree but he'll go onto have a good career.

If its cut her it’s not as innocent as your trying to make out.

Your son is an areshole Mr Porteous go back to the Hibs forum B-D
I don’t really know what happened to be honest but I do know he didn’t smash a glass that hard in to a womans face, he was convicted and admitted throwing a plastic tumbler that cut her - an absolute ridiculous thing to do.

I don’t really know what happened to be honest but I do know he didn’t smash a glass that hard in to a womans face, he was convicted and admitted throwing a plastic tumbler that cut her - an absolute ridiculous thing to do.
Well as I say, it’s very difficult to cut someone with a plastic glass, something I’m sure you’ll realise yourself just holding one, so he’s either melted it right at her or filled it with pebbles before throwing it in the air.

Hes a scumbag though that’s a debate I didnt think we’d have on a rangers forum the way he’s goaded us, tried to end the career of a few of our players and with the criminal record he has for assaulting a woman with a glass. Surely you’re related cause otherwise it’s an odd hill to die on.

I didnt say he smashed it in her face. I said he cut her head open

Well as I say, it’s very difficult to cut someone with a plastic glass, something I’m sure you’ll realise yourself just holding one, so he’s either melted it right at her or filled it with pebbles before throwing it in the air.

Hes a scumbag though that’s a debate I didnt think we’d have on a rangers forum the way he’s goaded us, tried to end the career of a few of our players and with the criminal record he has for assaulting a woman with a glass. Surely you’re related cause otherwise it’s an odd hill to die on.
Its just not even open to debate for me on him. The fact as you say he has goaded our players, ex manager, stood holding a picture/painting of him screaming at Alfie whose down on the pitch. The guy is an arsehole and a chav

I stand corrected
However I do see similarities between the temperament of both and if we’re thinking of signing one on the basis of being too soft why not the other if that’s the criteria
I’m pretty sure we aren’t thinking of signing any of them. It’s a hypothetical discussion.

There is some sort of player in there through all the plastic hard man stuff he often shows. I think he will end up at the enablers or down south in the Championship. He is too good for Hibs.

Th
Rangers and Celtic MUST battle it out to sign Ryan Porteous, says Kris Boyd – I’m sure the run-ins would be forgotten

IF Rangers and Celtic are not already fighting it out for the signature of Ryan Porteous then they should be.

The Hibs defender is out of contract in the summer and he’ll be the perfect fit for either of the Old Firm, who need central defensive reinforcements.
People might be surprised by me touting him for a big move as I have been critical of him in the past.

Yes, some of his antics infuriate you but I have never ever questioned his ability.

Porteous’ performance on his Scotland debut against Ukraine shows when he’s on it then he’s as good as any central defender in the country.

It has been mentioned that his display under the utmost pressure in Poland was a one-off. It wasn’t.

There have been plenty of other top-class performances in a Hibs jersey over the past couple of seasons.

Unfortunately they get lost or forgotten amidst all the other baggage that comes with the 23-year-old.

Too often a lack of discipline on and off the park overshadows the good stuff.

His reputation does go before him at times which is a shame because he certainly has bags of talent.
Porteous has every attribute needed to thrive at Ibrox or Parkhead.
He’s fast, a good passer of the ball and aggressive.

Sometimes he is over-aggressive, but I don’t mind that in the centre half.

Not every player has what it takes to play for the Old Firm.

But the Hibs stopper has shown previously, and proved again in midweek, that he is cut out for the big occasion.
It is imperative he now uses that display going forward as the blueprint for the rest of his career.

It highlighted how good a player he can be when he cuts out all the nonsense.

The time has come for Porteous to forget about playing to the gallery and stop being the pantomime villain.

The 23-year-old also needs to stop focusing on trying to be the hard man and wise guy.

Of course we all do stupid things when we are younger trying to impress the wrong people. I get that.

But the only people that he should be trying to impress are his manager and team-mates.
He doesn’t need to get involved in every single incident on the park. Or off it for that matter.

Maybe his time with Scotland last week will prove to be the humbling experience he needs.

Suddenly he wouldn’t have been the big fish in a small pond like he is right now at Easter Road.

He would’ve been surrounded by top class professionals he respects, or should respect.

Working with a coach who thrives on setting up teams to defend for their lives would also have been a positive experience for him.

Steve Clarke is also a manager who doesn’t suffer fools and wouldn’t stand for anybody playing to the crowd.

He clearly rates him as well and if the defender screws the nut then there is a big move waiting for him around the corner.
Porteous is an international who will be available on a free transfer in eight months. Signing him should be a no-brainer.

Yes, he has had run-ins with Rangers and Celtic in the past and there is history, but I’m sure that would be forgotten if he turned in displays like Tuesday night every week.

It will be interesting to see if he can maintain the same levels of intensity and concentration for Hibs against Ross County today.

I’m also curious to see how Celtic react to losing in the Premiership for the first time in a year.

They threw Rangers a lifeline when suffering defeat at St Mirren prior to the international break.

Ange Posetcoglou decided to give a number of players a break and I could understand some of his calls

It made sense to give Josip Juranovic a rest when he had international games coming up while Cameron Carter-Vickers was nursing a knock.

For the life of me I couldn’t get my head around Jota not starting.
It would have made more sense to give Callum McGregor a day off.

I just wouldn’t contemplate ever leaving Jota out given that he doesn’t play international football.

Daizen Maeda and Liel Abada are two terrific players, but they are very similar. They take the opposition out of the game mainly with their pace.

What Jota offers is trickery as well and that is what is required when teams like St Mirren sit deep and don’t afford you any space in behind.

Fair play to Saints boss Stephen Robinson because he got his tactics spot on and they did extremely well to nullify Celtic.
That was the first time for as long as I can remember that Postecoglou’s team ran out of ideas.

It has been plain sailing domestically for a while now and it will be interesting to see how he reacts. Though I expect them to get the three points this afternoon.

The Buddies winning was also a good result for the rest of Scottish football.

It highlighted that the big guns can’t rest players when they feel like it and expect to turn up anywhere and collect three points.

It keeps it a bit more exciting at the top with Celtic looking as if they could have ran away with it.

Yet, the fact the champions lost doesn’t take away from Rangers’ performances at the moment.
Their away form hasn’t been great and they face a tough test today at Tynecastle.

If Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s men don’t win then questions will continue to be aske

That would be as bad if not worse than signing that wee scrote Black from Hearts.

Let's be honest, he played OK against Ukraine. However it cannot be overlooked that he played because were short in that position and Matt Elliot was unavailable.

His positional sense is all too often lacking as has been been shown on numerous occasion against Rangers alone.

He's 23, not a young player by any manner of means but he is an immature ned who will go no further in the game unless he grows up big time.

Tbh, can't see us or them signing him for the money Hibs would want.

I’ve never once watched Porteous play and think “I’d take him” and that’s purely on footballing ability. That’s before we get to the fact that if he was to wear our jersey - it would be a disgrace to the memory of every bear who held and holds this club dear. The guy is out and out scum.

Porteous in a Rangers shirt would be a yellow card waiting to happen.. and he would end up doing something ridiculous off the field to screw it all up for himself.

He had a half decent game v Ukraine and scored v a very poor Ross County team and all of a sudden in this wee shitehole of a country he's " Man of the Moment ".

Embarrassing tbh.

Dear me Kris. Celtic are welcome to the prick.

The guy is a grade A bellend and is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is or some of the pundits believe him to be.

But you won't renew if Porteous signs? B-D

Now I don't particularly want Porteous to sign but please don't try and say he is hated more than mojo, prior to signing.

I've said already, it would be as bad as the Australia pish from the board if we signed him. I didn't mention MoJo or comparing hatred levels.

I believe my initial post was made at ~01:30 hours, after a good fill of drink. I don't think those quoting me are taking this into their considered responses...

I do not think we will sign him. However, if we do, then I believe we've got serious problems with this board, and I'd be willing to stop giving them my money should that come to pass.
After the Australia stuff, I am no longer willing to just blindly give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm definitely missing something here
As far as I can see - if you take away the aggressive & reckless actions from Porteous's game - you're not left with much skill, ability or footballing know-how
In fact I'd argue he's barely average at best
He wanders out of position & has a headless chicken look about him most of the time

As has been rightly pointed out above - he'd be sent off every other week with a Gers shirt on his back

I dare say some coaches, backroom staff and mentors could get improvements out of him - in time - but why would we try & do that when there must be better starting points than this a$shole around ?

I think KB has lost it this time

I actually think he'll mature into a really good CB and if the deal was right I'd take a gamble on him.

Hes young and has many good attributes.

Once hes away from Hibs and their scum support he'll be able to concentrate fully on improving his game and playing football.

99% will disagree but he'll go onto have a good career.
Do you honestly think he’s any better than McKenna? Who despite improvements with an England move is still very much a donkey

Do you honestly think he’s any better than McKenna? Who despite improvements with an England move is still very much a donkey
I think he'll have a better career yes.

As I said once he leaves the wee bubble he's in at Hibs he'll actually be able to concentrate fully on his game.

Just my opinion...there is no right or wrong answer as we don't know how his career will pan out yet.

Back