Old Firm tickets being punted for £100s

Just had a look on stub hub there and our tickets away to Braga are over €160 some mark up

Paying inflated prices for these games is nothing new, however, who would seriously pay 1500 quid for a ticket?

Im calling bullshit on that one, I would want a 5 courser, free bevvy an overnighter and into the dressing room at half time for that price.
[/QUOT

I paid that for 2 Manchester final tickets

When we went to Villarreal in 2005 for the last 16 game. We stayed in Benidorm for 5 nights. Anyway one of the 16 lads fell the night before the game and busted his leg so he wasnt any fit state to go to the game.

We were supposed to be on a bus up which took 2 and a half hours to Villarreal. Anyway in the square in Benidorm me and another mate decided "fck it" we were staying here in Benidorm with mate from our group whilst the other 13 went on the bus.

So I put the tickets up in the air and BOOM we had hundreds of Bears around us offering us all sorts of crazy money for them. We took a grand each :p. Just kidding. We sold them to the very first 3 Bears who asked for face value iirc 50€ each.

So morale of the story. Dont be a c*nt ripping off fellow Bears.

Oh and what a night we ended up having in Benidorm whilst the buses weren't back until 1am in the morning lol.

Ridiculous profiteering but as long as demand exceeds supply this will always happen to a certain extent.

I’m p****d off as I’ll be out of the country for work on 15 March so can‘t attend the game. Given my ticket to a mate, which I’m confident is what the vast majority of bears do in these situations.

Someday I am going to come from America for a Rangers game. My strategy to get a ticket is going to be to flash the cash. Once I dropped 1000 quid on the plane ticket what 200 for the match ticket.

Old Firm games are a once in a lifetime event for some people and they'll pay big money to get tickets. Hate those ticket sites. Parasites the lot of them.

All relative I guess. If you earn 100k, £650 is probably within your means to one of the biggest games on the planet.

Wouldn't pay that kind of money myself but you are correct. In the USA, tickets for finals, the Stanley cup finals and world series for definite, cost thousands, face value. Tickets for the CL final were priced as follows last season :

Category 1 €600
Category 2 €450
Category 3 €180

See that ref, any time I watch a game with him in the middle he is out of his depth.

Anthony some cuunt.

I paid the same price and also was the only time I've paid over face value for a ticket.

Got let down by a company - can't remember the name - that people on here were also getting tickets from.

Ludo the young guy who ran the Dutch website made an absolute fortune off the bears. That Barca game
He had sold a good few hundred.

Theres no excuses for this apart from greed. I'm currently working away and have either used seat sub on the clubs web site or given my ticket to friends for any game I haven't been able to get too & theres been too many this season for my liking.

I missed out on uefa final as i could not go more than £500 for a ticket i was stuggling to justify it and could not afford it the ticket was sold for £775 by a local guy to a richer bear .

I got my Manchester ticket via the travel club but I also won two on UEFA ballot. Son and daughter were very happy with that EUFA ballot indeed.

I know a guy that paid a few grand for a 2014 World Cup final ticket in Brazil. He works offshore, think it was about a week's wages for him.

youre selling a house and it’s going to a closing date.
You find out the highest bidder is a rangers fan, do you tell them to keep the extra cash that was above home report?

Just part of my upbringing as a Rangers fan.

You never pay over face value for a ticket and you never sell over face value for a ticket.

I had a couple spare at Manchester and they went for face value - thought wouldn't enter my head to cash in.

Maybe that's me becoming part of the older generation. Times are certainly changing going by this thread.

I’ve paid over odds for Manchester and Barca only and was happy to do so. Offered to pay over the odds for an old firm final once but wouldn’t go as high as they were wanting.

Just had an email from Sportsbreak.com advertising a ticket in the Club Deck and a hotel from £200 upwards, hotel being Travelodge at Glasgow airport , RIP off or what! Want to take my O/H to an Old Firm game but for that kind of money I'd rather do hospitality. Does anyone know if the club do hospitality for the O/F game only? Had a look on club website and the prices quoted were for non Old Firm games

Your best emailing Rangers direct - some become avaiable but its almost a private public sale if that makes sense

the cup semi v them that we won on penalties under Warburton...

I was lucky enough to get a ticket via my season ticket for £18

I was offered a grand for it.
Wasn't an empty gesture, they had the wad of cash there

it was sorely tempting as they were practically throwing it at me, and I was pretty skint at the time

but I just couldn't do it. would have felt like a tout.

Paying inflated prices for these games is nothing new, however, who would seriously pay 1500 quid for a ticket?

Im calling bullshit on that one, I would want a 5 courser, free bevvy an overnighter and into the dressing room at half time for that price.
DM me.

weekly occurrence down here, Liverpool tickets getting sold to tourists for several hundred regardless of opposition.

Back