Old Firm win was a tonic for Scott Nisbet

Some players create such a magical iconic moment that it blurs almost all else they achieved. With Kai Johansen it was his goal in the 66 Cup Final Replay against the Scum. Likewise Bert Konterman with his goal at the same venue and opposition.
Scott Nisbet's magical iconic moment against Bruges though was something else. I was in the Copland Rear that night and when his shot took that outrageous deflection and looped high in the air, we all rose as one in anticipation. I could see that their keeper had started to come and then became unbalanced trying to get back. Even then it was amazing the height of the bounce over the keeper on what was a mud bath of a pitch from the torrential rain. Almost sure there was an assist from a protestant poltergeist. The place went bonkers.

Big Nizzy would be unlikely to make it into any Bears greatest Rangers X1, but if you could infuse all in that eleven with the heart and determination that he gave every time he pulled on a Rangers jersey, then you would have some team.

Pleased to see he is on the mend.

Last edited:
Some players create such a magical iconic moment that it blurs almost all else they achieved. With Kai Johansen it was his goal in the 66 Cup Final Replay against the Scum. Likewise Bert Konterman with his goal at the same venue and opposition.
Scott Nisbet's magical iconic moment against Bruges though was something else. I was in the Copland Rear that night and when his shot took that outrageous deflection and looped high in the air, we all rose as one in anticipation. I could see that their keeper had started to come and then became unbalanced trying to get back. Even then it was amazing the height of the bounce over the keeper on what was a mud bath of a pitch from the torrential rain. Almost sure there was an assist from a protestant poltergeist. The place went bonkers.

Big Nizzy would be unlikely to make it into any Bears greatest Rangers X1, but if you could infuse all in that eleven with the heart and determination that he gave every time he pulled on a Rangers jersey, then you would have some team.

I saw it from the East Enclosure just to the right of the dugout.

Someone described it on our bus in the way home as a crazy golf shot goal :))

I was in the Boswell in Langside watching the game that night. I've never seen any boozer go as mental before or since then when that goal went in. One of my favourite Rangers moments even though I wasn't at the game

Great to hear him feeling good. Enjoyed the video updates that were appearing on twitter. Best of luck in your recovery Scott!

I remember that , mental. We were in the Govan rear as it was then. Great memories.

Best of luck to Nissy, it’s some feeling watching Rangers putting the tims to the sword. Il take another 30 yard deflected lob for tonight’s winner!

Wonderful piece of skill from Nisbet, the tempting cross to lure the goalie out and the clever way he spun that ball off the guys toe to complete the deception. Pele never scored a better one.

Best ae luck big nissy, thank you for one ae the best hangover's ever and one of the best seasons ever following the bears.

Back