Old Guy In The Main Stand

What do you want from him?

The truth?.

Where were the stand managers?. How much control do the stand managers have over their staff?. And who's job is it to train the Garrion stewards?.

This could've been a hell of a lot more serious. To blame the stewards is just lies!.

He should be ashamed!.

Just a wee update following on from my email to the SLO I've just had a phone call from David Martin I think it was, just to say the club are taking it very seriously the stewards seemingly all went on a break at the same time obviously that should never have happened and he assured me there will be steps taken to make sure that never happens again.

He confirmed the gentleman has made a full recovery and is fine now which is the main thing.

I didn't expect to hear anything back from the club after the SLOs initial email reply so I thought it was a nice touch from the club to call.

The club SHOULD be taking this incident very seriously indeed.

On another day that length of disgraceful delay for medical assistance could easily have contributed to a fatality. Completely unacceptable.

Anyway, I’m delighted that John? is reported as being fully recovered. At least this hasn’t been a tragedy, but it’s an issue the club absolutely must address

The truth?.

Where were the stand managers?. How much control do the stand managers have over their staff?. And who's job is it to train the Garrion stewards?.

This could've been a hell of a lot more serious. To blame the stewards is just lies!.

He should be ashamed!.
Did you read his reply? It's being dealt with. I would hazard a guess that its the type of situation that he has to look into before answering any of ghe questions you have. There are folk on this forum who genuinely cannot wait to put the boot into our club... any chance they get.

Delighted to hear the guy is OK. I really feared the worst. Also glad the Club have responded so quickly. One thing's for sure I'll be keeping an eye on those effin' stewards at half time to make sure they're not all on coffee break at the same time. How the hell can that even be a thing at a major event.

Really feel for the guy. Must have been horrible.

In a strange way, I’m glad that it happened (and obviously it wasn’t life threatening in the end) as it’s highlights a major flaw. And allows us to change the process and cover.

Did you read his reply? It's being dealt with. I would hazard a guess that its the type of situation that he has to look into before answering any of ghe questions you have. There are folk on this forum who genuinely cannot wait to put the boot into our club... any chance they get.

He is not "our club". He is a very naughty bhoy.

And I did read his reply, and just like I foretold in post #23 & #26 it had nothing to do with him, his stand managers, or the whole mismanagement of the safety setup.

Nothing at all. It was just the minions getting it all wrong!.

Aye, right!.

Back