Old picture of police officer carrying child to safety

mdingwall

Administrator
It's from a Facebook page - but no-one seems to know where it was taken or what the context was.

Any ideas?

Cop-carrying-wee-kid.jpg

The flag looks like it's on the half way line as used to be a few years ago as you can see the linesman but can't make out the ground.

Looks like the Piggery, I remember those old dugouts. Think they covered the Rangers End in the late 60s.

That looks like he is wearing the same dressing gown I used to wear as a nipper in the 70s.
If I was allowed to stay up after my bath.

And the copper is carrying him the same way my old man would carry me to bed when I wanted to stay up longer.

It could be the old Cathkin Park going by the house in the background.
Not sure if it is Cathkin, before my time, but you could be right as the terracing at the piggery would have been higher imo.

If it was the piggery - god help you wee man :(

Don’t think it is Cathkin Almost certain dugouts we’re in front of an old fashioned grandstand. Also, even if camera angle misses grandstan, don’t thinK that there was a house in view on that side

It’s a fancy dress suit like the guy who used to look like he was riding an ostrich, but it was really his legs all along. Hilarious it was. The joke never tired. Honest.

Back