Old Rangers tops - Adidas lilac

bigy

Noticed on eBay one of these going with an asking price of £460. Is that what these tops go for?

i have one stored in the loft but never thought it would be worth anywhere near that.

Also, are there any other tops that are worth more? Why do some old tops have such a high resale value? Are people just going mad during lockdown?

Noticed on eBay one of these going with an asking price of £460. Is that what these tops go for?

i gave one sitting in loft but never thought it would be worth anywhere near that.

Also, are there any other tops that are worth more? Why do some old tops have such a high resale value? Are peoplejust going mad during lockdown?
I could be sitting on about £20k if this is the standard pricing :cool::p

Retro rangers tops twitter site posted a bid of £1,650 for the Adidas 8IAR home top!
I’m spewing that I ruined all my old tops! I had every Nike and Adidas top plus some training gear and my mum has thrown them all out

There's a Facebook group ran by the guy that does the retro gers shirts account on twitter, folk are putting these up for sale for over £200 on there.

i have one stored in the loft but never thought it would be worth anywhere near that.

Also, are there any other tops that are worth more? Why do some old tops have such a high resale value? Are people just going mad during lockdown?

Thats for the full kit is it not? The shorts and socks are pretty rare. Still way overpriced. If it's the auction I'm thinking of, the Retro Rangers Shirts guy is running it.

Aye £460 is mad unless its match worn or something perhaps?

They generally go from £100-200 at auction though. Class shirt.

I sold most of my old tops to fund my trips to Villarreal and Vienna. At the time I got about £150 for a mint condition lilac top in an XL. I had been given it as a present when they first came out but it was too big and I never wore it. I sold on eBay.

Tops I paid 30-40 quid for in 2019 are going for double and three times that now. The rare tops have gone mental.

However, with lockdown easing and new kits coming out soon, the bubble is about to burst. My advice is if you want to sell, do it now. If you want to buy, wait a couple of months!

Prices for replica kit have got silly - very glad that I went through my phase of collecting the old kits a while back... could never have afforded it now!

Have to say that the clamour and popularity of the lilac kit recently is confusing to me - it was ridiculed at the time.

Last edited:
I have the 32" shorts that go with the lilac top, been sitting in various drawers since the mid 90's, far too wee for me now :D

If anyone want's them to match to the top, they're welcome to them. Perfect nick, but I'll never wear 'em again, XL more my size these days! :p just PM me if you want them. First come first served.

I have the 32" shorts that go with the lilac top, been sitting in various drawers since the mid 90's, far too wee for me now :D

If anyone want's them to match to the top, they're welcome to them. Perfect nick, but I'll never wear 'em again, XL more my size these days! :p just PM me if you want them. First come first served.

Sent u a pm

I've got it upstairs signed by the full squad on the day McCoist broke McPhail's record.

I sold a bunch of my tops last years. The best price I got was £150 for the 9 in a row top though. Seems like prices have kept rising since then.

I've got a kids one with Laudrup 11 on the back somewhere, doubt anyone would pay £500 for it!

Remember a few campaigns over the years for old tops to be sent to charity for kids in Africa and we would see photos of the kids wearing them, playing without boots, jumpers for goalposts... could sell they tops now and build a state of the art pitch, brand new boots and still have change with the profit they would make!!!

Wow. Sure I’ve got that but know I’ll never sell. Anyone remember the Adidas Rangers tartan training t shirt?

Still got mine

20190910-170441.jpg

Still got mine

20190910-170441.jpg
I loved that shirt when I was 14 & bugged my dad for it at any opportunity (I was smart enough to know my old dear would never say yes). Thank god, my old man also said no. I’d like to think my tastes have got a bit better with age.

Retro Rangers tops twitter site posted a bid of £1,650 for the Adidas 8IAR home top!
I’m spewing that I ruined all my old tops! I had every Nike and Adidas top plus some training gear and my mum has thrown them all out
FUkR0Fo.gif

Retro Rangers tops twitter site posted a bid of £1,650 for the Adidas 8IAR home top!

My mother in law turned my brother in laws lilac strip into a bag to hold her clothes pegs in. Every time I see it and laugh thinking about how it's probably the most expensive peg bag in the country

Tops I paid 30-40 quid for in 2019 are going for double and three times that now. The rare tops have gone mental.

However, with lockdown easing and new kits coming out soon, the bubble is about to burst. My advice is if you want to sell, do it now. If you want to buy, wait a couple of months!
Hope you’re right. It’s my life’s mission to get the 88 and 92 shirts. But I can’t justify over £100 each

The lilac top was so underrated & underused by the team at the time
Motherwell away. 2 1 defeat it’s only outing?

My brother in law and I tossed a coin for our only ticket and we met McCoist and Durie outside. They had no spares either.

I’ve still got this cracker, still in almost perfect condition.
Always loved that top. Memory might be playing tricks on me but did we no play in a European game away in that top but red with white stripes? It was a one off for some reason if i remember right and the only time we wore it that season (sponsors or something) . Cant remember the game for the life of me or reason behind what was a 3rd strip but dont think it went on sale . I have tried looking it up but can't find any images so wondering if it is my recollection thats skewed.

Couple of years ago sent a big bundle of my sons Rangers tops to Malawi circa 1998-2012 a well worth cause, but also sent a poster on here a Rangers away top red, season 1980, never even got a thanks in reply:confused:

Are you David Edgar or David Dickinson ?.

My brother in law and I tossed a coin for our only ticket and we met McCoist and Durie outside. They had no spares either.

We Wore it in Europe too I’m sure - AEK away?

Didn’t Laudrup get sent off in that game?

We also wore it vs Sampdoria in a friendly at Ibrox (1994)

Think we played them following season as well (we wore home top) in Ibrox Tournament.

There seems to be a huge upturn in the number of Rangers fakes being manufactured out in the Far East, which will probably affect prices. I'd be selling them now if you could.

Back