Old Rangers tops - Adidas lilac

Can’t remember the red version you say, but someone on here might. It’s amazing how certain tops bring back specific memories.
I have found it now but sadly aint got a clue how to put up a pic on here. We played against Grasshoppers 96/97 season and wasnt for general resale.

I have a Large original 1995 home shirt with McCoist 9 on the back. Immaculate condition, been offered stupid money for it on numerous occasions but don’t think I’ll ever sell it. Would really love the orange and navy striped shirt and the lilac one but I’ll try wait till the prices drop a bit.

I’m a collector and buy and sell Rangers tops and a few others, not seriously just as a hobby.
the lilac away tops usually go for around the £200 mark, I remember getting one for £15 new back in the 90s! They’re a very desirable jersey I think they were only worn once competitively as they were sold as a European jersey.
Rangers kits have rocketed over the last year and they’re actually doing a lot of fake Rangers-kits from the 90s just now.
I saw a match worn centre parcs Adidas one off go for 3500 last week on eBay, worn against auxerre if I remember.
Really interesting market for the old kits just now, I’ve got 6 on eBay at present

Tops from 1980 and 1990 s are going for fortunes
Can't believe the prices
Hope i can pick some up at car boot sales or eBay to add to my collection

I'm sitting on a fortune. All still fit, some snugger than others. Couldn't part with them though.

20200627-150544.jpg
We must be the same age

I have the Lilac with Gaza 8 on the back - pristine but could never part with it

I’m a collector and buy and sell Rangers tops and a few others, not seriously just as a hobby.
the lilac away tops usually go for around the £200 mark, I remember getting one for £15 new back in the 90s! They’re a very desirable jersey I think they were only worn once competitively as they were sold as a European jersey.
Rangers kits have rocketed over the last year and they’re actually doing a lot of fake Rangers-kits from the 90s just now.
I saw a match worn centre parcs Adidas one off go for 3500 last week on eBay, worn against auxerre if I remember.
Really interesting market for the old kits just now, I’ve got 6 on eBay at present
I believe that’s what they call a “plug” in the sales industry

My husband has the 94/96 top that was given to him by a family member that knew the guy who played Broxi Bear. It's a players top with number 3 (Think David Robertson's). Do you reckon we would get money for this?

I've got Ian Ferguson's testimonial shorts with the testimonial embroidery. Stuffed in a drawer along with my old tops. Informed him one night, whilst slightly pished at the bristol bar, how happy I was that I had his shorts at home, which received a raised eyebrow and a worried looking grin. Great guy.

I had this top and was digging through boxes there to see if I still had it. Think it may have gone to a young family member.

I did find the Adidas orange and blue vertical striped one. Can't remember which year this was?

Also was looking for this top which I know I had

3rd kit

I've got Ian Ferguson's testimonial shorts with the testimonial embroidery. Stuffed in a drawer along with my old tops. Informed him one night, whilst slightly pished at the bristol bar, how happy I was that I had his shorts at home, which received a raised eyebrow and a worried looking grin. Great guy.
Met a mate who worked at Ibrox the day before going on holiday, after the usual pleasantries he said, ”hold on have quite a few of the players training stuff in the boot” had a quick look at me and gave me Kris Boyd’s shorts, cheeky bast@rd :D

Couple of years ago sent a big bundle of my sons Rangers tops to Malawi circa 1998-2012 a well worth cause, but also sent a poster on here a Rangers away top red, season 1980, never even got a thanks in reply:confused:
Same here, not a word of thanks and my son went fckng gaga when he found the cupboard was bare!

My mother in law turned my brother in laws lilac strip into a bag to hold her clothes pegs in. Every time I see it and laugh thinking about how it's probably the most expensive peg bag in the country
Worked with a guy who turned his old jerseys into cushion covers, good idea at the time he said

All for sale message me any offers

£10 for both lamps ;)

What's the best way to go about selling one of the lilac tops I found mine at my mum's but I think it's a small men's (34-36") it's in good nick as well.

Anyone willing to Part with a L or XL 92 shirt please let me know

Last edited:
Motherwell away. 2 1 defeat it’s only outing?

My brother in law and I tossed a coin for our only ticket and we met McCoist and Durie outside. They had no spares either.
Was that the premier debut of the ref that sent Davie Robertson off at hampden?

Was that the premier debut of the ref that sent Davie Robertson off at hampden?
Canny mind. Thought that was Waddell at Hampden but memory not what it was. Admiral? That was years before lilac top?

At the time was fuming about the red but since we won and the manner of it, on further viewing it coulda been.

Sure I saw an interview about the game and Robertson was getting wound up before the game by the management team about his wee pal Joe Miller getting the better of him all the time.

One clothesline later. Off!

Last edited:
I have the first Souness era CRSmith top before we had signed CR SMith deal. So plain blue Umbro top which I was once told was worth a few bob.
Sadly not in pristine condition. Wore it to death!

Retro Rangers tops twitter site posted a bid of £1,650 for the Adidas 8IAR home top!
I’m spewing that I ruined all my old tops! I had every Nike and Adidas top plus some training gear and my mum has thrown them all out
Me too. Sent them all to Africa for the poor children.
Raging when I think about it

I have this top fully signed that i got at a sportsman dinner for £200 that was about 7 or 8 years ago. Absolute bargain

Sure I have the lilac top somewhere in the loft.

I have the blue and orange vertical stripe one that I can just fit into. How much do they go for?

I'm assuming it's Adult sizes people are looking for when buying these old tops. I've got a few tops I purchased as a child that have never been worn 86-87 CR Smith and 87-90 McEwans Lager

Back