Old Rangers VHS - your favourite?

Some great videos over the years, as mentioned above!
Dynamite - The Ian Durrant Story was another of my favourites!

88-89 season video. Starts off with a helicopter view of Ibrox if I can remember right, with billy oceans tune when the going gets tough playing. It’s been years since I’ve seen it but I’m sure you can see the players playing on the park from the helicopter view.

88-89 season video. Starts off with a helicopter view of Ibrox if I can remember right, with billy oceans tune when the going gets tough playing. It’s been years since I’ve seen it but I’m sure you can see the players playing on the park from the helicopter view.
My first Gers video :)

JGhIzhS.jpg

The original Follow Follow video was brilliant on release albeit relatively expensive at the time, people still rented videos rather than buying them. Absolutely played it to death.
The 86/87 Championship video was compulsive viewing every other night at the time.
Two bits of music from the videos that I now totally associate with Rangers on hearing them is "Shout to the Top", played during a montage of goals from 92-93 I think and "She Sells Sanctuary" from Mark Hateley's video.

I used to get a video each year for my Christmas. Loved sitting watching them that morning.

Did the Battle of Britain music contain Fields of Fire by Big Country. It’s funny how you remember the music (like Billy Ocean and the helicopter scene mentioned above)

The 3 most watched probably Follow Follow my first Rangers video ,Old Firm Classics and Rangers Gold.

We've released some brilliant video's over the years. And thankfully managed to convert mine onto DVD.

My favourite is season 86/87 review.

The first one I remember having wasn't any of the ones mentioned but a friend of my granda's had recorded the Gazza game in 96 against the sheep and brought it over and I used to watch it a lot when younger then it broke. My favourite part of that video was the end when they played The Winner Takes it All by ABBA

For nostalgia reasons, the 3 in a row video because I got my season ticket in August 1991 (start of 4 in a row season) and I always got the review of the season before video for my Christmas so 3 in a row is first I can remember watching over and over (got it for Christmas in 91).

As others have said though, 5 in a row video was brilliant, loved the section with 'no limit' that I am sure starts with an away victory at Fir Park.

Battle of Britain also excellent, good chance I got that for Christmas in 91 too.

Listening to Utah Saints Something Good always reminds me of the montage on the Laudrup VHS. Someone needs to get that on YouTube if not already. Probably copyright issues though.

Also loved the Advocaat 98/99 treble season review.

Seasons to be cheerful that recaps all of the 9 in a row seasons is a belter too.
Cracking tune that. There was that 'dizzy' tune on that video as well? Was too young to really appreciate Laudrup but wore the tape out watching it. That and The Real McCoist I think it was where he goes shopping for the Christmas tree.

"dad, tell me about 9 in a row."

Watched that VHS so much the start was going all fuzzy as the tape wore.

The Battle of Britain v Leeds VHS was the first Rangers video I ever got. Everytime I hear big country "Fields of Fire" I immediately think of that VHS and fixture.

Back