Old replica shirts craze - prices compared across clubs

Prices for our old kits are mad right now. Do people expect it to drop? Can't see it happening any time soon as more kits being bought, worn and trashed. DH Gate flooding the market with fakeys and driving down price of genuine tops is the only hope but obviously there in is the risk of getting conned; fakes can be hard to spot of done right and without a genuine kit to compare to in person and places like eBay are difficult to get much out of sellers. Seen many remakes go for £150+...

The prices of some of the 1990s shirts on classicfootballshirts is insane.

Luckily I was quite fat as a youngster so I have quite a few from then in adult size L, both Rangers and Liverpool. Might cash them in the way the market is looking.

Prices for our old kits are mad right now. Do people expect it to drop? Can't see it happening any time soon as more kits being bought, worn and trashed. DH Gate flooding the market with fakeys and driving down price of genuine tops is the only hope but obviously there in is the risk of getting conned; fakes can be hard to spot of done right and without a genuine kit to compare to in person and places like eBay are difficult to get much out of sellers. Seen many remakes go for £150+...
Can't see the prices dropping, if anything they'll increase as originals become rarer. Ours increased substantially over the past decade as we were boycotting Fat Mike and his tat punting organisation.

Can't see the prices dropping, if anything they'll increase as originals become rarer. Ours increased substantially over the past decade as we were boycotting Fat Mike and his tat punting organisation.
That's a good point.
Got pretty much every home top from mid 80s till spivs era, got a framed 8 in a row season one, not signed or anything but do wonder if it was maybe match worn, reluctant to open it up as it looks cracking as it is.

The prices of some of the 1990s shirts on classicfootballshirts is insane.

Luckily I was quite fat as a youngster so I have quite a few from then in adult size L, both Rangers and Liverpool. Might cash them in the way the market is looking.

Unfortunately I think I'd have to get the fire brigade to cut me out of my old kids tops

It would be good to see the club do some official remakes like the Score Draw ones. At the moment the retro stuff is either really expensive or a dodgy fake.

I had loads of classic strips from the 70s and 80s when I was younger, many had been passed onto me, think most ended up in charity after flitting. As did my hand-me-down original Star Wars toys.

Selling those today would have paid for a very nice holiday. Or a night with a world class tart.

Bollocks.

As someone who has a very fine collection of Rangers tops from 82 onward, I suggest this article is a slightly exaggerated,

Mate DJ gate doesn’t touch the reality of a Rangers top, I’ve been buying and selling for years, the price in original tops it nuts just now

I've got a 1990/91 Dundee shirt kicking about. Kelly's copiers sponsor. Wonder if it's worth moving on.

Would need to find a Dundee fan right Enough..

Wish I'd bought the lilac euro shirt years back as it costs a fortune now.
Also as an aside, the old hibs badge was much better than the current one. No surprise their old tops are quite expensive.

Last edited:
For one they are using match worn prices in the rangers Nike top. The standard bagged and tagged original in the cult deadstock find was about £100.

The prices have clearly gone up of late but I don’t see it lasting once the real post covid recession kicks in.

It would be good to see the club do some official remakes like the Score Draw ones. At the moment the retro stuff is either really expensive or a dodgy fake.
You could get them off JD even last season.
I personally don’t like them without the adidas badge etc

Our band has a George Best ( Northern Ireland) signed top. It was gifted to us over thirty years ago from friends in Ulster . Last time I saw it was in lying in a cupboard with other bit of Memorabilia, just never got round to doing anything with it and probably worth a few bob now.

The Ajax one on my avatar is mine.
Mint condition and XL
Goes for about £180-£200 in good condition.

Has anyone here ever bought anything from DH Gate? All the pictures on there don’t show the Adidas branding, I take that is so Adidas don’t cone after them?
Really want the 92-94 and 94-96 home tops but can't afford the real deal. They are the only shirts I don’t have from my time supporting Rangers except from Warburton Championship season when we boycotted.

Has anyone here ever bought anything from DH Gate? All the pictures on there don’t show the Adidas branding, I take that is so Adidas don’t cone after them?
Really want the 92-94 and 94-96 home tops but can't afford the real deal. They are the only shirts I don’t have from my time supporting Rangers except from Warburton Championship season when we boycotted.
If you look at the reviews where people have posted pics of they stuff they have bought you will see in most cases they have all the branding etc. They are even punting our Castore strip on DH.

has anyone used soccerlord they are selling our admiral top from 90/91 for £33 and all our Adidas tops for the same. All look good on the pics.

Last edited:
Sensible people will buy the strips at the end of the season when they are £10 and store them un worn and keep for 20-30 years then sell on

If you buy the 92-94 & 94-96 tops from Chinese counterfeiters the only Rangers tops you’ll be missing from your colllection will be 92-94 & 94-96.

I just gave my son that Rangers shirt last month as I still had it and he was moaning he would have loved one.

Still got most of the home shirts from late 80s onwards in a wardrobe somewhere.

If you buy the 92-94 & 94-96 tops from Chinese counterfeiters the only Rangers tops you’ll be missing from your colllection will be 92-94 & 94-96.
True, but I can’t afford to buy the real one’s and it’s not like Rangers will benefit from me paying 3 figures to another bear.

I have a match worn (by a sub) jersey from one of the last few games of the 9IAR season, signed by the full squad. Got it framed a while back. Any idea what this might be worth if I was to sell it?

eBay is a mine field for Rikki Lakes. I’m a collector and Was looking for this seasons away shirt (red) and was seconds away from buying what I thought was a legit. I noticed the Hummel around the neckline looked a bit off and asked the seller about it who just replied with a load of tripe, never answered the question and then pretended his phone was on the blink. Beware, there’s some jokers out there

In the 90s as a young teenager I used to toss last seasons strip away and would only be seen in the new top.

Used to think it was the new one or nothing and if you wore the old one your mates would slag you.

If I only I knew back then to keep them in better condition

The Ajax one on my avatar is mine.
Mint condition and XL
Goes for about £180-£200 in good condition.

Worth knowing, I have the same one in pretty good condition.

Wonder how much a Euro 92 CIS red shirt is worth - picked one of those up for £5 just after the tournament

Wonder how much a Euro 92 CIS red shirt is worth - picked one of those up for £5 just after the tournament
No expert myself but I'd imagine being a CIS shirt it would be extra collectible, can't be many of them around.

There’s a few sites online.
Can’t remember the names, but just google old football shirts.

I went up the loft today looking for my early '90's long sleeve Juventus top, the one with upim sponsor. Couldn't find it. Gutted.

Back