Old Scoreboard

IndianaJones

Not sure why it popped into my head (I think it was seeing the electronic boards last night) but anyone know what happened to the old scoreboard?

EyIFG6nXIAAUyur.jpg

Does a fan have it or was it scrapped? Hope its the former.

Not sure why it popped into my head (I think it was seeing the electronic boards last night) but anyone know what happened to the old scoreboard?

EyIFG6nXIAAUyur.jpg

I'm sure Motherwell have one at the away end stand.

Where they have placed the 2 of them now is mental. Need to properly lean right over a guy, tilt my head like a horror movie doll just to see the score. I then need to look at the other one same way just to see the game clock haha.
Being up the back of GF2 has its perks but now that is no longer one.

EyIFG6nXIAAUyur.jpg

I thought it was gonna be about the old ones at Ibrox in the 70's the half time one
Firstly you needed a programme or be standing near somebody with one then a guy came out pushing a wheelbarrow with small metal signs with numbers on them and put the scores against the letters ie A 1- 2 , B 2- 0 etc etc.
I can't fully remember but I think the parking of those blue invalid used to get in the way sometimes ..... Happy Days along with the unbuttered rolls of Ham or Cheese that you could get from a guy that used to walk amongst the crowd with a big brown box full of them and string holding the box as he put it over his head

I thought it was gonna be about the old ones at Ibrox in the 70's the half time one
Firstly you needed a programme or be standing near somebody with one then a guy came out pushing a wheelbarrow with small metal signs with numbers on them and put the scores against the letters ie A 1- 2 , B 2- 0 etc etc.
I can't fully remember but I think the parking of those blue invalid used to get in the way sometimes ..... Happy Days along with the unbuttered rolls of Ham or Cheese that you could get from a guy that used to walk amongst the crowd with a big brown box full of them and string holding the box as he put it over his head
You are forgetting the Macaroon bars and the Wrigley Spearmint Chewing Gum

Slightly off topic but it annoys the life out of me that the clock stops on 45 and then 90 mins, why not just keep it running so we can all see how long we actually have left after the time added on
It used to but as sa2 has said, I too think FIFA ruled out added time being displayed.

Also:
Football (soccer) enthusiasts suspected it, but now statistics is confirming it. After analysing all the matches of the Spanish league "La Liga" from the 2014-2015 season, two experts in sports science have found that the greater the difference on the scoreboard, the less stoppage time is added to the end of the game. When the score is tighter, however, referees tend to add more stoppage time when the team in the higher division is losing.

Also:
The new scoreboards are too small and in the wrong place.

:)

Where they have placed the 2 of them now is mental. Need to properly lean right over a guy, tilt my head like a horror movie doll just to see the score. I then need to look at the other one same way just to see the game clock haha.
Watches and phones work the same too mate.

Macaroon Bars or Wrigleys Chewing Gum!! Your right about the Blue Ivalid Cars, If you had a Programme You were definitely popular,

EyIFG6nXIAAUyur.jpg

Used to be one where the teams and score was in yellow. Think there was Tennents sponsoring either side.

Edit: Found it on Youtube

Could you not just tap the guy that you lean over on the shoulder, and ask him what the score is, if you are having trouble keeping up with the game mate? :p

When fitba was fitba. We sung what we wanted where we wanted, everywhere and anywhere. Our support took no shit from anyone back then.

Slightly off topic but it annoys the life out of me that the clock stops on 45 and then 90 mins, why not just keep it running so we can all see how long we actually have left after the time added on
I can't see any clocks or screens from the back row of the club deck.

The detail in noting that these culinary delights were unbuttered is somehow beautiful.

The detail in noting that these culinary delights were unbuttered is somehow beautiful.
No Health and Safety concerns either Pal, the guy was handling dirty coins then just lifted you roll out the box not sealed or wrapped up

Back