Old season ticket books from 20 years ago- did you keep yours and how much did it cost?

mdingwall

Administrator
Old season ticket books from 20 years ago- did you keep yours and how much did it cost?

Going through an old folder of clippings and submitted material for Follow Follow fanzine from around early 2000.

Found this item from the Rangers News published on 8 March 2000.

Have you kept many/any of your old season ticket books and how much did it cost you for the area you were in back then?

After hunners of years paying at gate, four of us bought st’s for the new McEwans govan rear stand. Included all home cup ties and first euro game. Membership of the premier club and access to Edmiston club pre match. Can’t recall cost.

After hunners of years paying at gate, four of us bought st’s for the new McEwans govan rear stand. Included all home cup ties and first euro game. Membership of the premier club and access to Edmiston club pre match. Can’t recall cost.

£160 if 1st season of that 1987/88

I was just clearing out a drawer and came across the renewal letter for 14/15 - £331. Still got that as I boycotted the Spivs.
I have old ST books in boxes along with that season's programmes and some ticket stubs.

While I don't have all prices Rangers used include them from 1994/95 onwards- papers versions season ticket books began to change to smartcard in late 2000/01 or early 2001/02 seasons

Govan Front Section 5 - had season ticket from 1987/88 1st as child then adult

1994/95 - £220.00
1995/96 - £230.00
1996/97 - £250.00
1997/98 - £255.00
1998/99 - £295.00
1999/00 - £365.00

Don't have 2000/01 ST as it was 2 separate booklets one for games and one for the special match applications

yes have them all in

Going through an old folder of clippings and submitted material for Follow Follow fanzine from around early 2000.

Found this item from the Rangers News published on 8 March 2000.

Have you kept many/any of your old season ticket books and how much did it cost you for the area you were in back then?

Got all of mine from my first ST, 23 years ago, the 9IAR season, I think that one was white.

It was only a junior ticket at the time as I was still at school, think I only paid just over £100

I still have mine somewhere in the parents house. In the mid to late nineties I think it was about £100 for a child ticket in the Copland rear.

£160 if 1st season of that 1987/88
Did the govan open part way through a season?
i recall buying the four tickets for individual games to see where was best viewing.
tbf, the whole stand had good vision of the pitch.
we settled in gr5 but only two of the original four seats.

I’ve still got mine from Souness’s 1st season.
£34 I think.
Copland, any seat!

Did the govan open part way through a season?
i recall buying the four tickets for individual games to see where was best viewing.
tbf, the whole stand had good vision of the pitch.
we settled in gr5 but only two of the original four seats.

It opened in September 1981

But if you are talking about the Premier Club that was 1987/88, McEwans agreed to sponsor the Govan Stand that lasted until 1999

In a box up the loft !

"Rover Ticket" - Could sit anywhere but stood at "the pole" in East Enclosure

I still have my Enclosure (Standing) ones from the early 90s, including the one you were supposed to hand back after they closed the East enclosure to get a ticket for the West for the last home game (93/94?) I bought a ticket instead!

Think the first was £149 for 91/92.

Only had a “book” for one season I’m sure.

First season ticket was in the Govan East corner and I’m sure we were the first to go to a card.

My first was 1982. Sure it was £20 for a junior/juvenile. Grey plasticky season book for the vouchers. Rover ticket for any of the 3 new stands.

£40 as a juvenile I’m sure it was put through the washing machine by my mum about 3 times a season.I remember having to watch the papers for the special March application voucher to send away with your cheque or postal order for away games.

£34 in 1980 east Enc

Could have been a Juvenile.

The old man has all his going way back

He has book numbered 0001 and his mate got 0003
So if you know anyone with book 0002 from the 50s let me know :)

Other than member I believe we only sold around 200 books in the 50s

I still remember him taking me in the front door and collecting it each year from a nice wee lady

I was in total awe looking up those magnificent stairs.

I’ve still got mine from Souness’s 1st season.
£34 I think.
Copland, any seat!
Snap copland road same mate was about to post was 14yr old £35 my old man got pished out heed one night and promised me ticket for birthday luckily loads witnesses after he tried to back track next day ,never missed a game home or away that season £35 ffs !

Here's mine up to when smartcards were introduced

20190413-191040.jpg

Snap copland road same mate was about to post was 14yr old £35 my old man got pished out heed one night and promised me ticket for birthday luckily loads witnesses after he tried to back track next day ,never missed a game home or away that season £35 ffs !
I was 15.

Brings back great memories
First book as you called it
I was first year at school ,ordered 2 for me an my mate

Govan front section 6 (brown seats )
Row M seat 12 an my mate got seat 1

His mum wouldn’t pay ,remember offering it out to most my mates an no one took the offer

Ended up going on my own

Seat was right online with the 18 yard line
What a view of big hateleys header
First year of my season ticket

£34 in 1980 east Enc

Could have been a Juvenile.

The old man has all his going way back

He has book numbered 0001 and his mate got 0003
So if you know anyone with book 0002 from the 50s let me know :)

Other than member I believe we only sold around 200 books in the 50s

I still remember him taking me in the front door and collecting it each year from a nice wee lady

I was in total awe looking up those magnificent stairs.
double check but the earliest I can find is 86-87 and it was £50 east Enc
Memory playing tricks

I still have my Enclosure (Standing) ones from the early 90s, including the one you were supposed to hand back after they closed the East enclosure to get a ticket for the West for the last home game (93/94?) I bought a ticket instead!

Think the first was £149 for 91/92.

I still have all of those.
Think my first season ticket was 89 (East Enclosure). My mate and I went to the small Rangers shop that used to be on St Vincent Street (next to Moss Bros) and bought one each for £99 each.
What a feeling that was!

Here is my wee cloth eared collection.
Thought I had 7 but can only find 5 discovered in the loft a few years back.
1994-95 has a price tag in it for £220.

About 14 of us that went together got our first season tickets at the time Souness became manager,we were all Copland Rear in the Red section,think it cost £100,I can remember tapping my Maw to pay it.

Half season ticket for my Xmas 1986, Copland Rd rear dead centre half way up behind goals - £65 each 2 tickets together. Books long gone I'm afraid wish u had kept tho now

My first ST - 1976, Main Stand Section H £19.00. My latest - upper Sandy Jardine stand just short of £700. (The wife thinks it’s still £19 lol).

Here is my wee cloth eared collection.
Thought I had 7 but can only find 5 discovered in the loft a few years back.
1994-95 has a price tag in it for £220.
If anybody saves these would make a good wee project to get the 9 in a row seasons in a frame, for a pub or whatever, feel free to ask.

Half season ticket for my Xmas 1986, Copland Rd rear dead centre half way up behind goals - £65 each 2 tickets together. Books long gone I'm afraid wish u had kept tho now
Should have added still have them but £492 each now, slight difference..

Back