Older Bears at The Louden

Robert Marshall

After our successful day in The Louden with some of our older Supporters, we are going to organise another one for this season. The last game before the break for the World Cup is on the 12th of November. So I am proposing we have the next one on Saturday the 19th of November from 1 pm to 5 pm
Anyone who will be 70 or above on that date will be welcome. We will have a limit of 60 people, so if anyone wants to go or knows of anyone the wants to go, can you drop me a PM so I can get it organised,
We will have Soup, Pies, Sandwiches, and a few dinks on the house. Hopefully have a couple of the Older players in attendance so you can swap memories of when you went to games and how different it is now, if you have any favourites, let me know and I will try and get them to attend
We were fortunate to have Derek Johnstone and Derek Parlane as ex-players and Vice Chairman John Bennett, so we will see who is available this time

After our successful day in The Louden with some of our older Supporters, we are going to organise another one for this season. The last game before the break for the World Cup is on the 12th of November. So I am proposing we have the next one on Saturday the 19th of November from 1 pm to 5 pm
Anyone who will be 70 or above on that date will be welcome. We will have a limit of 60 people, so if anyone wants to go or knows of anyone the wants to go, can you drop me a PM so I can get it organised,
We will have Soup, Pies, Sandwiches, and a few dinks on the house. Hopefully have a couple of the Older players in attendance so you can swap memories of when you went to games and how different it is now, if you have any favourites, let me know and I will try and get them to attend
We were fortunate to have Derek Johnstone and Derek Parlane as ex-players and Vice Chairman John Bennett, so we will see who is available this time
Fantastic. That’s a great thing to organise for our older Bears.

This is tremendous! Was at the one in February and it was a lovely time meeting with others, sharing some memories of the old days of following the team and meeting my heroes Derek Parlane and Derek Johnstone , getting photos with them and getting my hands on that Cup Winners Cup :))

As has been mentioned it is a brilliant gesture and a heartfelt thank you Robert for doing this.

I enjoyed myself so much last time that I'll have to come to this one as well !!!!
WATP

Brilliant absolutely love this

Excellent gesture once again Robert,
well done,
I will tell my dad about it and hope he goes again,
he loved the last one and many thanks for putting it on,
all the power to ye Mr Marshall
Plaudits to you WW55 if I recall correctly for suggesting that something like this would be a great thing for the older bears then Robert Marshall took things up from there and turned it into a reality.

Plaudits to you WW55 if I recall correctly for suggesting that something like this would be a great thing for the older bears then Robert Marshall took things up from there and turned it into a reality.
He certainly did, which I thought was brilliant and very grateful to him for it, hoping this gains momentum in years to come and we can all enjoy a grizzly old bears sash bash when the time comes!

This deserves a helluva helluva lot of credit, specially when people reach an age where they no longer feel wanted and loneliness is a major part of their life, this gives them something to look forward to, and an opportunity to open up a new social life with like minded people. Very well done Robert, can’t praise this highly enough.

I am 84 wish I could make it maybe I can save my pennies up and make the trip over

Credit where its due bigman, respect

Absolutely superb,what a great idea to originally come up with and glad to see its been a roaring success.

Back