Ole’s still at the wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte will be number one choice and has been an absolute no brainier from the moment he left Inter Milan. Would’ve been much easier if United parted ways with Ole in the summer and brought Conte in and would’ve made it a much less difficult job imo.

Zidane is also a top manager though who often seems to be overlooked when talking about the best managers in the world. Maybe because he’s only done it with Real Madrid? Or maybe simply as winning with Real Madrid is easier than working his way up from the bottom but I think he’s a very good tactician who gets the best out of his players. His trophy haul speaks for its self.

Anyway it’s clear that either of these 2 would be an incredible upgrade on Ole and could have United winning trophies again.
I can't believe a club that size have allowed Ole to continue for sore long! They need a short term fix, that's a job for Conte although at this time would he take it?! They should have put OGS out his misery in the summer.

As for Zidane, i'll be looking at his next job with interest! At this moment in time can't see Man U going for him mate

Rashford and Greenworld are world class potential keeping them out the team for any sort of spell they will be off.

Pogba should be one of the first out the door if they want to seriously change the mindset lf that football club.

Central midfield is definitely an area they need to strengthen. Why they persisted buying Sancho and ronaldo over a proper Central midfielder I'll never know.
Pogba will stay if it’s Conte.

Conte made him, the only manager whose ever used him perfectly at club level just off the left of a midfield three.

Pogba will stay if it’s Conte.

Conte made him, the only manager whose ever used him perfectly at club level just off the left of a midfield three.
Playing in Serie A is a completely different ball game to the Premier league.

Conte seemingly interested in the job, it’s actually staggering that they haven’t got him in yet.

No official proposal yet, and I don’t think Conte would talk to them until they’d get Ole his jotters.
Don’t know why but I don’t think Conte is a fit for United as good as a manager he is. I think someone like the Lyon manager or Ajax manager should be allowed to build something at Old Trafford.

Madness but me and many others are loving the downfall of this lot.

I keep saying it won't last forever but they stumble from 1 mess to the next.
They are mid 90s Liverpool at the moment. Could take them years, if ever given the foreign investment in other clubs, to get back to the top of English football.

Don’t know why but I don’t think Conte is a fit for United as good as a manager he is. I think someone like the Lyon manager or Ajax manager should be allowed to build something at Old Trafford.
Neville has been banging on about the owners going for long term option (ie Ole). Conte is another short term appointment which hasn't worked for they in recent times. What do they do once he buggers off in 2 years?

I was under the impression that Zidane has stated he would never manage in England?

I can't believe a club that size have allowed Ole to continue for sore long! They need a short term fix, that's a job for Conte although at this time would he take it?! They should have put OGS out his misery in the summer.

As for Zidane, i'll be looking at his next job with interest! At this moment in time can't see Man U going for him mate
Yeah I agree, Conte will be number one target and it’s very clear he should be. The Europa League defeat should’ve been the final nail in the coffin for OGS rather than a reason to give him a new deal.

Big question now is like you said if Conte takes it or not but the press are running with the story that he’s keen and wants it.

Conte is also weirdly experienced in this kind of job, with Juventus he won their first Serie A title since 2006 (first proper one since 2003) and Inters first since 2010 iirc. Won the league with Chelsea in his first season off the back of a 10th place finish as well. On paper he looks like the perfect appointment but in football it doesn’t always work that way :D

Absolute rebuild is necessary.

Maguire needs to go, overrated doesn't even cut it. Never a Man U player in a million years nevermind a Man U captain.

I'd get Shaw TF also, his transformation was clearly for the Euros. Telles is a much better player that needs a run in the team.

Bring in Koulibaly from Napoli to partner Varane. Get better CBs in the squad than Lindelof and Bailly. Bring in Skriniar, de Vrij.

They pretty much need to sign a new new midfield. Keep Fernandes and get rid of every single other midfielder. The only way Pogba should stay is if it's Conte, he got the best out of him before and could again but even then, there's still a strong argument that he goes.

Give VDB a run in the team this season until the window - he deserves a chance to show what he can do. Make a play for Casemiro, look at Kondogbia, Reus, Fekir, Llorente.

Conte won't touch this job unless he knows he's getting the resources he needs to make signings of this stature, and I suspect he'll get it.

The problem with “let someone do it for the long term” is that time has passed at United.

If they were serious about allowing one man years to get it right irrespective of form, they may as well have kept Moyes. They didn’t and have since joined the manager merry-go-round with all the other big European clubs, shuffling the same big names about between them.

Hitching your “give a manager time” wagon to OGS at this point is a complete waste of energy. United won’t ever have a Fergie dynasty ever again, and on the off chance they do, it won’t be Ole fukin Solskjaer at the wheel.

The Ronaldo situation is a political nightmare, there’s no way that Conte would want to start him in every game.

Before anyone gets their tampon in a twist, I’m a huge fan of Ronaldo but there’s no way he can play every week in a Conte team.
Man United we’re obviously put in a position by Ronaldo. Ronaldo’ people obviously contacted them saying he was available. Imagine the fans reaction if they decided not to sign him? However, everyone that watched him at Juve could see what was going to happen. He will only fit in w team now that will do all the donkey work, but Uniteds forward players have never done that.

Sky showed a few shots of Utd players and the body language they were showing was dreadful. You also had Fernandes and Greenwood failing to track back and then throwing their hands up in frustration at losing a goal. Pitiful stuff, and if it wasn't before the game, I think it's pretty clear that OGS has lost the dressing room.

The thing I'm most happy about is Harry MacGuire getting roasted. An utterly despicable c**t of a man, and everything that's wrong with the bloated EPL. Type of bloke who starts a fight in a Tenerife club, then hides behind his mates. Snidey bastard.

OGS will go, then someone else will come in and have to deal with the Ronaldo factor - as there's no way the owners allow him to be benched - and the glorious shit-show will rumble on.

It pisses me off that Liverpool took the foot off the gas second half.

Rashford and Greenworld are world class potential keeping them out the team for any sort of spell they will be off.

Pogba should be one of the first out the door if they want to seriously change the mindset lf that football club.

Central midfield is definitely an area they need to strengthen. Why they persisted buying Sancho and ronaldo over a proper Central midfielder I'll never know.

Neither Rashford nor Greenwood are world class potential although I think Greenwood has a higher ceiling than Rashford.

Don't really rate Rashford. He lacks the technical ability to be a real top player. He's quick though which is enough to score against EPL jobbers

Neither Rashford nor Greenwood are world class potential although I think Greenwood has a higher ceiling than Rashford.

Don't really rate Rashford. He lacks the technical ability to be a real top player. He's quick though which is enough to score against EPL jobbers
Both are very good players. Rashford in particular am be world class in the right surroundings. Huge plus for any incoming manager to have to youth players of that quality. Lingard in a decent player as well not so good but a good squad player.

Always a good thing to have youth players in your first team. Mctominey and Fred are totally out of their depth. On Sunday they were 100% ineffective. Have been for a long time. Maguire just isn’t as good as he thinks he is. Pig a is a great player but doesn’t have the attitude and after Sunday needs to be sold.

New manager has a squad to work with not a million miles from where they need to be with good coaching.

Like I said above, nobody would have thought Sadio Mane of Mo Salah would be world class. Klopp gets the very best out of players and I'm certain those 2 (Greenwood and Rashford) would reach the very top under his management.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to remain in charge as Manchester United manager despite their heavy defeat at the hands of Liverpool.

The feeling within the club is that while the result was bitterly disappointing and painful for everyone, the immediate focus is on improving and sorting out the issues.

United have trips to Tottenham and Atalanta ahead of the Manchester derby on November 6 and despite poor results and huge external speculation, there is no suggestion from the club side that Solskjaer's job is under threat at this point.

Sky in Italy is reporting that former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has been in contact with United about taking over should they decide to make a change, however Sky Sports News understands that there has been no contact between the parties.

Playing in Serie A is a completely different ball game to the Premier league.
Probably not quite as much as you’d think any more.

If Conte had the money and time to get the balance right, he’d comfortably get a game out of Pogba. That balance won’t be found alongside Scott McTominay and Fred though.

On the goals point, surely that's what you want from your forward players? He was top scorer in Serie A last season with 5 more goals than Lukaku and is already Uniteds top scorer this season - goals win games.

United's issues are much deeper than Cristiano Ronaldo and I'm sorry if I don't buy into this notion that he is somehow to blame for their current woes. Used properly, like he was in his 1st spell, then United would have far more joy.

Finally, this is a fantastic article and piece of analysis on the matter which they conclude with "Cristiano Ronaldo is not the problem at Manchester United right now, but he’s certainly causing some."

I get your point...but the issue was Juve were set up purely to get Ronaldo goals, never mind the rest of the team or the results. Juve scraped 4th position last year but Ronaldo was top scorer so he'll think that's successful. He was good for Juve's brand but it was fairly well known the directors wanted rid of him for a season or two.

I get your point...but the issue was Juve were set up purely to get Ronaldo goals, never mind the rest of the team or the results. Juve scraped 4th position last year but Ronaldo was top scorer so he'll think that's successful. He was good for Juve's brand but it was fairly well known the directors wanted rid of him for a season or two.

You build the team around him to make yourself hard to beat and then his goals win you games. Ronaldo doesn't work hard but he's always kinda been a luxury player, even at his peak a few years ago.

Messi doesn't do a lot of work off the ball either. He literally walks about at times and comes alive in certain phases of play. Are we honestly saying Messi couldn't fit into a Man Utd or Man City because they wouldn't be able to press with one outfield player not working as hard as the other 10? It's nonsense.

Ronaldo is doing what he's meant to do. The problem is the system and personnel around him along with a dud of a manager. None of these issues are Ronaldo's fault. It seems Utd have simply signed him to stop him going to City but Ole had no plan for how he would fit him into his team.

You build the team around him to make yourself hard to beat and then his goals win you games. Ronaldo doesn't work hard but he's always kinda been a luxury player, even at his peak a few years ago.

Messi doesn't do a lot of work off the ball either. He literally walks about at times and comes alive in certain phases of play. Are we honestly saying Messi couldn't fit into a Man Utd or Man City because they wouldn't be able to press with one outfield player not working as hard as the other 10? It's nonsense.

Ronaldo is doing what he's meant to do. The problem is the system and personnel around him along with a dud of a manager. None of these issues are Ronaldo's fault. It seems Utd have simply signed him to stop him going to City but Ole had no plan for how he would fit him into his team.

The difference with Messi is that he's not a poacher. Messi will drop back as a centre mid and create things for you.

The difference with Messi is that he's not a poacher. Messi will drop back as a centre mid and create things for you.

I agree with that but we are getting into different debates now. For pages it has been Ronaldo doesn't press so he's no use at the top level when Messi doesn't press either. Both of them have been the best players in the world for god knows how long now.

A top coach would be able to devise a system and plan that would get the best out of Ronaldo and still be hard to beat.

Will be interesting to see who United go for to replace him when he does leave.

Conte just doesn't seem like a good fit for Man Utd in my opinion.. good manager but he'll be gone after 2 seasons.

I think they'll go for a more long term approach.. maybe Pochetino if he gets sacked from PSG?

Not too many top class managers kicking about that Will be available in the not too distant future.

Will be interesting to see who United go for to replace him when he does leave.

Conte just doesn't seem like a good fit for Man Utd in my opinion.. good manager but he'll be gone after 2 seasons.

I think they'll go for a more long term approach.. maybe Pochetino if he gets sacked from PSG?

Not too many top class managers kicking about that Will be available in the not too distant future.

Rodgers is a great fit for them (if they can put the Liverpool connection to the side).

Like I said above, nobody would have thought Sadio Mane of Mo Salah would be world class. Klopp gets the very best out of players and I'm certain those 2 (Greenwood and Rashford) would reach the very top under his management.

They are rather different players tho both with bags more technical ability than Rashford. That's the hardest part to develop.

In any case, Salah was really starting to make tracks on his career when he was around the age Rashford was as he had that spell with Roma.

Don't get me wrong, Rashford is a very good player but I can't see him every being world class

Rodgers is a great fit for them (if they can put the Liverpool connection to the side).

Zidane for me.

Instant respect from his playing days. Experience of managing a massive club where he was incredibly successful, particularly in his 1st spell. Managed Ronaldo and other big egos already etc etc. He ticks all the boxes.

I honestly don't think he'd touch it though.

Zidane for me.

Instant respect from his playing days. Experience of managing a massive club where he was incredibly successful, particularly in his 1st spell. Managed Ronaldo and other big egos already etc etc. He ticks all the boxes.

I honestly don't think he'd touch it though.

I read today he's not interested in the role.

Wonderful goals last night and a few close calls that wouldve made it more impressive a score line.

Great interchanges between the attacking players which suggest OGS is doing something right on the training pitches. Usual defensive shambles from the usual suspects made it a little nervy but a decent result all the same and moving onto the weekend a win vs Manchester City would be highly impressive.

Atalanta should have punished them last night. Once again Ronaldo gets them out the mud. Not bad for a player who only hampers his team. Almost on double figures 11 matches into his return.

Look at the timing of his goals last night and the finished.

Wonderful goals last night and a few close calls that wouldve made it more impressive a score line.

Great interchanges between the attacking players which suggest OGS is doing something right on the training pitches. Usual defensive shambles from the usual suspects made it a little nervy but a decent result all the same and moving onto the weekend a win vs Manchester City would be highly impressive.

I thought they created next to nothing. Atalanta both games got in front and decided to sit back and that has in the end cost them.

Maguire is becoming even more of a joke figure at the back for them game by game.

Atalanta should have punished them last night. Once again Ronaldo gets them out the mud. Not bad for a player who only hampers his team. Almost on double figures 11 matches into his return.

Look at the timing of his goals last night and the finished.
You’d put that against his performance against Liverpool though.

I love Ronaldo. I went to Madrid for my 30th and got Bernabeu tickets to watch him, an incredible player and his finishes last night were phenomenal. However, you simply cannot play him as a central striker in a system when you’re (ridiculously) choosing to go toe to toe against a team like Liverpool. His workrate compared to Salah, Mane and Firmino is lacking.

Think I read a stat that Wolfsburg’s goalie has covered more distance in the CL than him.

I’d still play him 90% of games by the way, his record so far has been great, but against City, Chelsea and Liverpool who expect all eleven players to pressurise non-stop, I don’t think it’ll work.

Olé’s been prattling on about Ronaldo and Michael Jordan. Think he’s been on the old disco biscuits.

You’d put that against his performance against Liverpool though.

I love Ronaldo. I went to Madrid for my 30th and got Bernabeu tickets to watch him, an incredible player and his finishes last night were phenomenal. However, you simply cannot play him as a central striker in a system when you’re (ridiculously) choosing to go toe to toe against a team like Liverpool. His workrate compared to Salah, Mane and Firmino is lacking.

Think I read a stat that Wolfsburg’s goalie has covered more distance in the CL than him.

I’d still play him 90% of games by the way, his record so far has been great, but against City, Chelsea and Liverpool who expect all eleven players to pressurise non-stop, I don’t think it’ll work.

The whole Manchester United set up against Liverpool was a shambles. Ole supposedly turned in a master class again at Tottenham - it wasn’t a master class as Spurs were brutal.

He knows what Ronaldo is all about these days. You know he’s not going to run, press, drop deep, defend…

Don’t play him or change your tactics to suit. Doesn’t help when you play utter dross like Fred, Wan-Bisakka, McTominay who have absolutely no positional sense or tactical awareness.

I’d like to think City will put him to the sword this week but Pep’s record v Ole is terrible

They are mid 90s Liverpool at the moment. Could take them years, if ever given the foreign investment in other clubs, to get back to the top of English football.
and like Liverpool they're going to spend top dollar prices trying to get there ...........

and not always on top tier players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back