Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer

People keep saying Pochettino yes Spurs are overachieving , But he is a manager who has won the square root of %^*& all, Spurs a team who always manage to trip themselves up, Watch them make an arse of it against Ajax and I say this a someone who has a soft spot for Spurs

Man U have went the say way as LIverpool after their period of domination ended

People keep saying Pochettino yes Spurs are overachieving , But he is a manager who has won the square root of %^*& all, Spurs a team who always manage to trip themselves up, Watch them make an arse of it against Ajax and I say this a someone who has a soft spot for Spurs

He’s managing Spurs though, they don’t really spend in line with the other big boys in terms of transfers. If he went to one of these other clubs a had that bigger outlay, he’d almost certainly deliver trophies.

Pochettino is a cracking manager who has made spurs a hard team to beat and a team who are now challenging for honours despite a wage limit and spending ceiling in place.

All the other teams around them have spent a fortune.

What he’s done at Spurs given his spending is astonishing.

Brings through young players, plays good football, and probably most importantly seems to inspire players who want to play for him and stay working with him.

He’s a no brainer for Man U. Thing is, the more time passes, the less attractive leaving Spurs for Man U seems.

Was a dreadful appointment really. Why rush it? it wasn’t as if he was sought after. So very Man United really.

That ridiculous 92nd minute VAR penalty Man United got in Paris must have felt great for them at the time, but it might have saddled them with a dud manager and will end up costing them big time.

Up there with the worst run clubs in the country, an absolute shambles of a club from top to bottom.

They were incredibly poorly ran even under Ferguson and it just goes to show the footballing god that the man was replacing Ronaldo with Valencia and still lifting titles.

Thought it was mental the amount of pushing the media down south where doing to get Ole the job. Constantly debating if he was the right man or wondering when he would get appointed full time. It was very strange....now it’s all very quickly going to sh!t. Again

United allowed themselves to be swayed by the English media love in with OGS and absolutely shat the bed.

They should have went down to North London with a blank cheque and asked Levy what it would take for Poch, said it from day one.

Mourinho figured the squad out, although went about it the wrong way. They need a fresh start, rid of Woodward and majority of the players. Pochettino wouldn’t go anywhere near that job.

Interesting that even though huge money has played an ever increasing role in English football, whatever success any club has is still very manager orientated, not budget orientated, even with big budgets. Manchestet United's success was due to Sir Alex Ferguson, as was Arsenal's with Wenger and George Graham, as was Chelsea's with Mourinho; Liverpool never replicated the success they had with Bob Paisley, nor Everton after Howard Kendall. I'm sure there is an anomaly to the rule here and there, but even now any success in that league is very aligned to the managers teams have. Money helps, but the role of manager is the most important role in football still. Manchester United could go another two decades without the kind success they used to enjoy a short time ago if the manager isn't the right one, no matter how much money they throw at it.

Easy. All Woodward had to do was stick to his guns and say the situation will be reviewed at the end of the season.

Absolutely no need for him to give OGS the job full time until that point.

Hindsight, as they say, is always 20/20. At the time of his appointment, Solskjaer had lost only once in 13 league games and ManU were just two points behind Arsenal, who occupied the final Champions League qualifying spot - on top of which they had just eliminated PSG, one of Europe's elite teams. Also, the ManU players, who had downed tools under Jose, apparently were strongly urging the hierarchy that Solksjaer be given the job. Taking these factors into account, and given the question marks existing over the two managers most talked about as Jose's replacement - Zidane and Pochettino, things were perhaps not as clear cut as some may have thought.

In the case of the former, his lack of English skills and having no managerial experience outside of Real - much less in the Premier - league - would represent something of a gamble. As for Pochettino (who also wanted the Real job), the question was would he actually leave his unfinished Spurs project ? At the time, they were still in the CL and odds on to claim one of the next seasons qualifying places, not to mention the new stadium about to open, and with Levy promising to open the checkbook in the off season, there was no reason to assume that Poch would have been automatically tempted by a move to Old Trafford given the turmoil Man U were in.

£400,000 a week or something to that affect but it doesn't help he didnt have a defined role plus the style of play was all wrong to suit his talents. Apparently there desperate to punt him but unless PSG came coming which won't happen he will sit tight on that ridiculous contract he was given.

I dont think there are many teams willing to take on his crazy salary. He served arsenal well but made his bed and decided to leave.

From a comment in the Daily Mail which made me smile.

He was a colossus among his peers. When he retired he left a gaping hole at the club that' would never be adequately filled. He was an iconic figure for the club's supporters and was instrumental in many of United's finest moments........the history books will show that when Howard Webb hung up his whistle, the effect it would have on the club, would be devastating.

Thought it was mental the amount of pushing the media down south where doing to get Ole the job. Constantly debating if he was the right man or wondering when he would get appointed full time. It was very strange....now it’s all very quickly going to sh!t. Again

I think that's what you get when the football media is full of ex-players. They tend to want their own to get the good jobs so they went all out to get him the ManU position full time.

To be fair, he was doing great when he got it but as said above the club should have waited to see what the rest of the season would bring before offering him the gig.

Would not be susprised to see him replaced before the summer.

I don’t think the board at Man Utd will trust him with the £200m+ they need to be spending to get back to the top level.

United allowed themselves to be swayed by the English media love in with OGS and absolutely shat the bed.

They should have went down to North London with a blank cheque and asked Levy what it would take for Poch, said it from day one.
Pochettino would be mad to take that job at the moment.

In a short time Man Utd have gone from being challengers to also rans.

Talk today in one of the papers is Phelan will get the Technical Director gig and Carrick promoted to assistant manager role.

Sell Pogba and Martial and buy the best 2 CB’s that they can get. If they can sell anyone else for decent money offer the lot and buy Kane.

Woodward needs to go this time when Solskjaer is inevitably sacked.

An absolute tool of a man.
Having a suit make football decisions is such a dated model & it doesn't work these days.

They’re supposedly appointing Phelan as DOF, again such a shite unimaginative appointment, no doubt influenced by SAF.

Sell Pogba and Martial and buy the best 2 CB’s that they can get. If they can sell anyone else for decent money offer the lot and buy Kane.

Middle to front they’re okay, although that’s definitely more to do with their front line. Martial, Lukaku and Rashford should be more than a match for the majority.

I’d say they need a completely new back four first and foremost, possibly outside of Luke Shaw.

Needs to clear out the bad influences in the summer to have any hopes of not being the first manager sacked next season. If Pogba or any other wants to down tools then shift them on. Once cash in the bank, let it be known why you've sold them.

It was a weird appointment to make him permanent, I can understand his short-term appointment though. He won't be there in the new season IMO. I saw the pressure on his face in recent interviews. United need a world class manager who controls his players. Amazing the collapse after Fergie, in hindsight they should have stuck with Moyes, he may have worked into the role, certainly no worse than the other appointees.

Neville hit the nail on the head, there is no one at the club to form a strategy for moving forward, it’s all knee jerk reaction, and even if they give the manager £500m to rebuild the squad, Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern are all rebuilding their squads, plus the likes of City and PSG will be spending big again, which world star would choose United over these teams?

Jones is one of the worst excuses I have ever seen for a footballer, how he gets into the England team is baffling.

Really didn’t take long for the wheels to come off for him after penning his permanent contract. It’s always easier to come in and look good when everyone loathed the previous boss and had downed tools. It seems to change though when the next permanent appointment is made.

I reckon he’ll be gone by Christmas. Of course they could still turn that game around (2-0 down to Everton) but I think all the signs are already there that this will be another failed appointment for United.

Players who have let previous managers down always let their new managers down as well. we have seen that at us when at times we look like we can beat anybody and other times when we looked like no ones played together before.

They may well come to regret rushing to appoint him after the PSG result.
Would have been much better to see how the season panned out before deciding.

Back