Ole Gunnar Solskjær

He wouldn't get another job anywhere near that level, championship club maybe. If you look at it in reverse, would Man Utd employ a championship level manager, no chance. The offering of the permenant position was ridiculous. Their club needs overhauled from the top down.

Keane must be getting some of OGS’s wages, no club of that size in their right mind would prolong that state of affairs.

As football fans you never know what goes on day to day, but a good indicator is listening to interviews & press conferences. Every time he speaks I just think 'I don't believe a word you're saying & I don't think you even believe yourself.'

Not quite the rabbit-in-the-headlights fear of poor Kenny Mcdowall in his spell with us but he does not come across like a confident man.

I have a season ticket holder at my work and he is adamant that they must stick with him, 'cause they wanted to sack Ferguson once and he turned it around', I don't think they have quite moved on yet.

What a stupid comparison considering Ferguson was already successful before Man Utd.

What has Ole done?

The ex players are blind.

Keane, Ferdinand, Neville etc all backed him after he won against PSG and I think because he's a mate they're too stubborn or afraid to admit the job is far too big for him.

It’s similar to the way the NIAR players gathered round McCoist when he was struggling.

OGS every press conference uses the language of a wee-club manager. He is never a Man U manager in a million years.

I think lots of Man U fans want Woodward out and a new guy in to decide direction, transfer policy etc....so why sack anyone now until that job has been done?
2nd biggest world wage bill and they have no players worthy of any of the big sides (maybe De Gea). Ridiculous transfer dealings and it's no wonder they want Woodward out.

When will Man United put him out his misery? Clearly out his depth, if he left tomorrow he'd stuggle to find another job.

A club in shambles

I think that's harsh on him.
Mourinho couldn't do it, Van Gaal was the same, Moyes before him.

Its not an easy job, and I think a clear out is whats needed, time given to the manager (like they did with Ferguson). Ole's signings have faired better than Mourinho's so far.

Ole is trying to get rid of the dead wood and put together a young squad to compete, takes time. He really needs til this time next season until he can say he was "given time"

Honestly think they are hoping he will improve as a manager as I don’t think they are now prepared to spend the big bucks on someone else. Another couple of years of hoping he is the next SAF or appoint Giggs seem like their only options with the way the club is being run

Lingard is on well over £100k a week and has 0 goals or assists all season.

Luke Shaw is on £180k a week and is a fat mess.

Rashford is now out for months.

Grim times for Man Utd fans.

Closer to the bottom of the EPL than the top. Wasnt that long ago they were the ones to beat.

Im sure if they do replace him eventually then whoever comes in will have a big job to do to get rid of the deadwood and rebuild.

Lol even 4th place is closer to the bottom than the top :D

Heard a Man U fan on Talksport liken him to a Maths teacher having to cover at school when the PE teacher is on sick. "He dun't know what e's doin".

Last edited:
A terrible appointment but Man Uniteds biggest issue lies with the men upstairs changing manager again won't change a thing imo.

Maybe it's our time in the lower leagues that's done it to me but there's something really sad watching a huge institution like Man United being a laughing stock.

The lowering and accepting of standards at a club like that is pretty sobering to watch.

Solskjaer is so far out of his depth it's not funny.
They are literally so far off the pacesetters it is quite unreal.
Before Alex Ferguson got his 1st title they’d went 26yrs without winning the league, it could easily go the same way now . They really are that bad .

Last edited:
Reactions: VGM
I think that's harsh on him.
Mourinho couldn't do it, Van Gaal was the same, Moyes before him.

Its not an easy job, and I think a clear out is whats needed, time given to the manager (like they did with Ferguson). Ole's signings have faired better than Mourinho's so far.
Definitely not an easy job mate! If he hadnt previously played with the club he wouldnt have been on a shortlist of 100

Mourinho had to go, but he won the Europa league, EFL cup, community shield (if that counts) and finished 2nd. Van Gaal the FA cup.

He won't be there long

How do you sort the squad out with the contracts the current players are on? Man U will have to work that one out, as they have a squad full of players not good enough to achieve what the club and fans want.

OGS being Man U manager is a strange one but big issues and big decisions to be faced by whoever manages them in the foreseeable future.

Woefully out his depth

The transfer policy has killed any chance a good manager would have, never mind a poor 1 like OGS

Man united should be a lesson to the top clubs of what happens when you focus on money and sponsorship deals over football.
They picked up a lot of fans with the fergie era, but the youngsters now are going to be seeing Liverpool/city and will have no interest in Utd, they desperately need an experienced head coach in there pronto

Living on goodwill now I feel. And with hindsight when he does go, fans will be asking why did they not do it sooner. Fans I think try to remain optimistic and it's more in hope than expectation that it will all come good. Owners are very rarely so forgiving.

I’ll be amazed if he is the manager come next season. They need someone in to clear out that squad and start again.

they need to get an experienced manager there willing to back properly in the transfer market for several years to overhall that squad and move them back to the top. problem is i dont think they`ll get the time for that as the fans want overnight success.

i also hear there internal structure at the club is poor with Woodward appearing to be out of his depth. that likely needs fixed as well.

i was never a Man U hater, but i feel they`ve had there time in the sun and now its someone elses turn, cant be bad for football.

Unfortunately for Man Utd, their problems have very little to do with who’s in the dugout. They’ve been through how many managers now and they continue to fall apart.

The genius of Sir Alex has become pretty apparent the last few years. Look up how bang average the Man Utd squad he won the PL with in his last season in 2013 was. The man was a freak.

They are literally so far off the pacesetters it is quite unreal.
Before Alex Ferguson got his 1st title they’d went 26yrs without winning the league, it could easily go the same way now . They really are that bad .
I agree with both of you. It is sobering and from a distance is almost scary how things can change. Man U have slowly declined and many didn’t see it. But it’s going to take them years to recover. Manager bad and team bad. If they can’t see that then it’ll take them even longer. I wouldn’t keep a single player they have.

They are honking. They have no clear direction as a club and their fans must be sick watching what Klopp has done at Liverpool and Pep at Man City.

Back