Olympics Football

Cowan_rfc

Spain v Egypt on Eurosport 5 just now. Utter gash so far, Spain have a very strong squad.

France v Mexico on iplayer, no "big" players for them though.

Fitba on through work again. Magic

TheMandalorian

Harry Potter / Nature Boy
It says France u23 yet Gignac 35 and Thauvin 28 are both playing
They’re allowed 3 overage players. GB had Micah Richards, Bellamy and Giggs in 2012. Was an outcry because Pearce didn’t pick Beckham in spite of him and Prince William being the 2 who got the bid over the line.

djc1980

Official Ticketer
Saw a video on Twitter last night of a young Ronaldo absolutely running riot for Brazil at the 1996 Olympics.
Historically the South Americans take Olympic football very seriously.

Brazil have taken Richarldson & Douglas Luiz this year although the Argies haven't taken anyone of note from Europe

Degausser

Historically the South Americans take Olympic football very seriously.

Brazil have taken Richarldson & Douglas Luiz this year although the Argies haven't taken anyone of note from Europe
Yeah no real big name players but some really talented young players in that squad - Almada and de la Vega I fully expect we’ll see in Europe in the near future

grant1986

What are the rules for the Olympics? I thought it was under-24, but just seen Dani Alves is captaining Brazil and he must be about 40. :)) are you allowed one or two older players too?

Kubala

I can't get the picture to work but if you Google Carlos MacAllister you get Kevin's Dad who was also a footballer. He looks exactly like a Glaswegian taxi driver who'd tell you he played for Argentina in a World Cup where you sit there thinking right you are mate.

scoobytwo

The Brazil players are all very strong. Skillful as expected but they seem very much an experienced adult team. The Germans seem a bit inexperienced and are rattled.