Olympics Football

I can't get the picture to work but if you Google Carlos MacAllister you get Kevin's Dad who was also a footballer. He looks exactly like a Glaswegian taxi driver who'd tell you he played for Argentina in a World Cup where you sit there thinking right you are mate.
You would be right, According to wiki he only played 3 times for Argentina, But not at the World Cup.

Last edited:
Opened this thread expecting it to be about the women's Olympics Netherlands 10 Zambia 3. If you haven't seen the highlights of this, not a good advert for women's football, especially the defending and goalkeeping of the Zambian team

Opened this thread expecting it to be about the women's Olympics Netherlands 10 Zambia 3. If you haven't seen the highlights of this, not a good advert for women's football, especially the defending and goalkeeping of the Zambian team
isn't that not like most of women's football? most of the keepers look like they've never seen a ball before at times

You would be right, According to wiki he only played 3 times for Argentina, But not at the World Cup.
There was definitely a McAllister played for Argentina at the 1990 WC.

Edit: There wasn't ! I could have sworn I remembered that but not according to Wikipedia. How strange.

Last edited:
Everton are off their nut letting Richarlison play in both the Copa and the Olympics
Thought there was talk of him looking away as well. Seems madness to let one of your better players spend an entire summer playing at a high level, although think a lot of countries treat the Olympics as something akin to the World Cup.

The Olympics should only include sports for which the Olympics is the pinnacle for that sport.

football, tennis, basketball, baseball, rugby, surfing and golf therefore all don’t belong.

The Olympics should only include sports for which the Olympics is the pinnacle for that sport.

football, tennis, basketball, baseball, rugby, surfing and golf therefore all don’t belong.
Not taking the piss here but I bet with Surfing winning Gold in the 2032 one at Brisbane will maybe be a pinaccle? Not sure where they'd hold the Surfing at say a Moscow Olympics mind!

Egypt beat Australia 2-1 to progress. Argentina out despite 1-1 draw.

I assumed it went on head-2-head record if tied on points, but it went to Goal Difference first.

Last edited:
Back