Olympics Team GB football shirt

The top or the standard of football? Because when I watch old videos of Rangers from the 50s they look like they're a bunch of amateurs in comparison to the modern game. Women's football is a bit behind but it'll get there with continued investment and participation.
The standard.
Was expecting it to be better tbh.

Wonder if, the always wants an opportunity dear leader of ours has been onto wish Kim little the best of luck as captain of team gb.

I've never seen a good Team GB shirt. They always make them gaudy. A GB shirt has the potential to be superb looking, especially by Adidas, but they mess up every time.

The top or the standard of football? Because when I watch old videos of Rangers from the 50s they look like they're a bunch of amateurs in comparison to the modern game. Women's football is a bit behind but it'll get there with continued investment and participation.
The game has changed so much since then.I can go back as far as the late 60s and the game was more about getting the ball into the opposition box,winning second balls and individuals showing their skills.Now there is more emphasis on building,passing,recycling and turning over the ball to mention some modern terms.Plenty of players would get in to today's team imo.DJ,Bud Johnston,Willie Henderson John Greig and Colin Stein to name a few.

That’s Barkas like goalkeeping

phew I was getting worried for a sec that someone wasn't going to shoehorn Celtic in to a thread on FF the run continues ;) .. ps I'm only joking before anyone get too upset

as an aside are all of the womens Goalkeepers really poor at Goalkeeping

The standard.
Was expecting it to be better tbh.
I’ve tried to get into women’s football, went to games at Hamden for the 2012 Olympics, watch it on tv, but it’s just not appealing. It's different’ and I can’t work out how. Slower?

Thoughts? I quite like it

Really like it. Got one for my daughter.

Still got my 2012 shirt.

phew I was getting worried for a sec that someone wasn't going to shoehorn Celtic in to a thread on FF the run continues ;) .. ps I'm only joking before anyone get too upset

Yes, the standard of goalkeeping especially is very poor

Yes, the standard of goalkeeping especially is very poor
Should they play with smaller goals given most woman are smaller than men?

Watching that freekick there I reckon anywhere near the top corner and that wee Japanese keeper would have zero chance of getting to it?

It will never get there.

I'm all for Women's Football as one of the women I work with her Daughter players under 15's for Rangers, but going by what I've seen the standard seems really poor, just seems to lack the pace and power of the mens game

Should they play with smaller goals given most woman are smaller than men?

Watching that freekick there I reckon anywhere near the top corner and that wee Japanese keeper would have zero chance of getting to it?
There’s definitely an argument for it, smaller goals more suited for the average height woman would be fairer

I’ve tried to get into women’s football, went to games at Hamden for the 2012 Olympics, watch it on tv, but it’s just not appealing. It's different’ and I can’t work out how. Slower?
It is different because it is women playing football.
Just like watching a youths game, which is different again or watching children play which is again different.
If you watch your eight-year-old playing for his team and start groaning that it isn't quite matching Barcelona on a Champions League night, then you really need to rethink your ability to use everyday perspective.
But of course, women's football is different.

It is different because it is women playing football.
Just like watching a youths game, which is different again or watching children play which is again different.
If you watch your eight-year-old playing for his team and start groaning that it isn't quite matching Barcelona on a Champions League night, then you really need to rethink your ability to use everyday perspective.
But of course, women's football is different.
Except when they want equal money. Then it's exactly the same as the men.

Careful, the FF judgement crew will have you walking the streets of Glasgow ringing a bell while they all gather round to shout "shame, shame, shame...."

It won’t get anywhere close until women can kick the ball harder which they won’t be able to. They will always be at the level of male youth teams because they are equal in physical stature.

When you watch old videos of rangers they are kicking and heading a ball that is much heavier, play in cotton tops, heavy boots and on pitches which were often quagmires. There is no realistic comparison to how the game of football developed generally and how the woman’s game will change. It won’t change. Just like youth football, the players are limited by their size

Lighter/smaller balls, smaller pitches and smaller goals if you want the woman’s game to be a spectacle worth watching.

Watched highlights of the Holland Zambia (?) game and it was horrific. 10-3 to Holland and every goal was piss poor defending or goalkeeping.

S
They could do with shortening the pitch and making the goals smaller

Watching daisy cutters from 40 yards go in is comical
Said the same
Pitch is far too long and wide
Sorry if any women footballers are watching

Back