On-field Partnerships

BertyYarder

My favourite on-field partnership in my time watching Rangers is Laudrup and Robertson. They seemed to be telepathic and were at times unplayable down the left for us. Easy to see why, Robertson made great runs and had a terrific engine and Laudrup was a freeking genius.

Now I'm not saying their in the same class but I do think that Tav and Candeias are showing a great understanding. They seem to be clicking now and both compliment each other well. Tav obviously is excellent going forward but Candeias also doesn't mind putting a shift in which allows Tav to get forward more.

Really looking forward to the 2nd half of the season as our forwards can't not score goals with some of the balls these two can put in on a regular basis.

We were very strong down the right last night and the Tav Candeias partnership is developing well.

I know someone who was friends with a Davie Robertson and his wife and according to her, Robertson loved playing with Laudrup. For all the obvious reasons that he was talented etc but also because when Robertson went forward, Laudrup would fill in behind him and not leave a gap.
Apparently not all the forwards were as willing to cover Davie’s runs up the field.

Going back through the years, Stuart Munro and Davie Cooper linked up well.

Sandy Jardine and Tommy McLean were a terrific right side to the team for many years.

I said in another post that Tav and Candeias reminded me of Hutton and Burke on the right, youth team understanding worked very well with those two.

Back