On-loan Ranger Ryan Hardie Slays Dundee Hibs Scum

Could he be Alfie’s replacement ? I know it’s s step up. But he deserves a chance .

I don't think he can match Morelos for work rate, team work or pace but I would hedge my bets and predict he is probably the most natural goalscorer at the club and twice the player Herrera is. Whether he could get by without those main attributes and make it at Rangers I do not know. One thing for sure is Graeme Murtys knows the answer more than anyone..

He certainly got a lot wrong, but McCoist absolutely nailed it with this comment:

“At this moment in time we are wounded, there’s no doubt about it and there are probably one or two people out there enjoying it.

“Maybe one or two people having a wee fly kick.

“I would suggest to them to have a right good kick just now because we won’t be where we are for long.”

That's not how I took your post mate, but even poor strikers will score at every youth level.
Fair enough , could have been clearer.

Just remember him being touted as a real prospect from around the age of 16 .

Was pretty prolific at one stage, if I remember right.

Take your point that it doesn't always translate to first team level, to be fair though ,he has hardly had a run.

How’s that working out for you, Thomson, you bald twat?

“DUNDEE UNITED chairman Stephen Thompson crawled into bed at one in the morning and knew an insomniac had more chance of getting a good night’s sleep than he did.

Four hours earlier, on Thursday night, he had released a club statement that promised United would be voting “no” when the SPL met to discuss a Rangers newco.

And last night he outlined to Record Sport the hard facts of life as they apply to standing up for what you believe in:

? If an extra 1000 United fans buy season tickets they will pay for the loss of games with Rangers.

? United wouldn’t last five years without ample box office backing.

? Other clubs have to stand up and make their position on Rangers clear like United and Hearts.

The Tannadice declaration was seen as another nail in Gers’ coffin and the start of a move to demote the Ibrox club to the lower leagues.

But that wasn’t what destroyed the Tannadice chairman’s chances of getting his first decent night’s kip for months.

His main concern was how the United fans would respond to his rallying cry to show the club support before the financial consequences of Rangers’ departure from the top flight hit home.

Then Thompson woke up to find there were queues outside the ground to buy tickets and his email inbox was full of messages of congratulation from supporters of other clubs.

However, he told Record Sport he couldn’t feel any sense of elation because he was too knackered to take it all in.

What had lifted Thompson’s spirits, though, was a chance meeting with one ticket-buyer whose decision to spend £265 was all the more remarkable because he will never see the team play.

He revealed: “The guy told me was in the city on a visit from Australia. He agreed with the decision we had taken as a club and decided to buy a season ticket he would donate to a fan before going back Down Under.

“Then I turned on my computer and there were messages from fans of all sorts of clubs saying well done for coming out and making United’s stand a matter of public record.

“On my way out of the ground to go for a quiet coffee I also met a fan who said he wasn’t going to buy a season ticket if we had approved a newco but was now getting four.

“The past few months have been stressful on a personal basis.

“I like to think I’m thick-skinned but you have to be concerned whether the fans will back the board after we’ve made our decision on the game’s biggest issue.

“It’s a big risk and you don’t take these matters lightly.

“There’s a feeling that you want to do what’s right and a realisation that doing the right thing brings with it a huge financial pressure.

“It was a massive decision for us to take and a tough one as well.

“But if we can sell an extra 1000 season tickets that will compensate us for the loss of SPL fixtures against Rangers next season.

“Without them? No club.”

Thompson has to involve his club’s supporters in everything he says because he needs them to understand the power they wield beyond being the driving force behind a “no to newco” vote.

He added: “If a club fails to listen to its customers then it dies, it’s as simple as that. Without our fans’ full backing Dundee United dies in five or six years.

“We stuck our heads above the parapet when we went public and some other clubs might have to be put under pressure before they will do the same.

“There’s a feeling of anxiety about Sky TV and whether they’ll walk if Rangers aren’t in the SPL next season.

“The new, five-year deal we have with them isn’t signed yet but I’m also looking at the knock-on effects of taking a stance on the newco vote. I spoke to people at Hearts and they’ve noticed an immediate uplift in ticket sales after Vladimir Romanov’s statement that he couldn’t back Rangers’ right to stay in the SPL.

“I’m even looking ahead to the day when we might be thinking in terms of an SPL channel, owned by the supporters and clubs.”

In the meantime, Thompson has the satisfaction of knowing he has listened to the supporters and played fair.

He said: “We simply couldn’t raise season-ticket prices.

“Our ticket is only a couple of pounds more expensive than Dundee’s – and we’re offering the guarantee of SPL football.

“A rise will have to come one day because clubs are having to deal with increases in everything, from electricity to pies, but now is not that time.

“All of these things were buzzing round my head when I went home on Thursday night. Then my mobile had to deal with so many calls that it ran out of power about the same time as I did.

“I sat up until one o’clock and my small son woke up at six o’clock. You have to think about your family at a time like this because you want to protect them.

“But the bottom line is the long-term good of the game and what’s best for your club. And if you had a public vote among every supporter in the country, excluding the Rangers fans, 90 per cent of them would be in favour of United’s decision.”

Only 1000 extra season tickets?
I hope that vote was the most joyous he’s ever felt. I hope it was worth it because it has effectively killed Dundee United. We said we’d get the last laugh and it looks like it’s almost here.
If only enough people gave a shit about DU they’d have sold 1000 more season tickets and would avoid the lingering death. But they don’t. Nobody really gives a shit about it, especially the celtic “fans” who posed as DU fans to say they’d buy tickets to help prosper when they lost the biggest support in the country.
Their beloved friends from parkhead done a number on them. They jumped into bed with timmy and helped them kill their club. Lovely.

How’s that working out for you, Thomson, you bald twat?

“DUNDEE UNITED chairman Stephen Thompson crawled into bed at one in the morning and knew an insomniac had more chance of getting a good night’s sleep than he did.

Four hours earlier, on Thursday night, he had released a club statement that promised United would be voting “no” when the SPL met to discuss a Rangers newco.

And last night he outlined to Record Sport the hard facts of life as they apply to standing up for what you believe in:

? If an extra 1000 United fans buy season tickets they will pay for the loss of games with Rangers.

? United wouldn’t last five years without ample box office backing.

? Other clubs have to stand up and make their position on Rangers clear like United and Hearts.

The Tannadice declaration was seen as another nail in Gers’ coffin and the start of a move to demote the Ibrox club to the lower leagues.

But that wasn’t what destroyed the Tannadice chairman’s chances of getting his first decent night’s kip for months.

His main concern was how the United fans would respond to his rallying cry to show the club support before the financial consequences of Rangers’ departure from the top flight hit home.

Then Thompson woke up to find there were queues outside the ground to buy tickets and his email inbox was full of messages of congratulation from supporters of other clubs.

However, he told Record Sport he couldn’t feel any sense of elation because he was too knackered to take it all in.

What had lifted Thompson’s spirits, though, was a chance meeting with one ticket-buyer whose decision to spend £265 was all the more remarkable because he will never see the team play.

He revealed: “The guy told me was in the city on a visit from Australia. He agreed with the decision we had taken as a club and decided to buy a season ticket he would donate to a fan before going back Down Under.

“Then I turned on my computer and there were messages from fans of all sorts of clubs saying well done for coming out and making United’s stand a matter of public record.

“On my way out of the ground to go for a quiet coffee I also met a fan who said he wasn’t going to buy a season ticket if we had approved a newco but was now getting four.

“The past few months have been stressful on a personal basis.

“I like to think I’m thick-skinned but you have to be concerned whether the fans will back the board after we’ve made our decision on the game’s biggest issue.

“It’s a big risk and you don’t take these matters lightly.

“There’s a feeling that you want to do what’s right and a realisation that doing the right thing brings with it a huge financial pressure.

“It was a massive decision for us to take and a tough one as well.

“But if we can sell an extra 1000 season tickets that will compensate us for the loss of SPL fixtures against Rangers next season.

“Without them? No club.”

Thompson has to involve his club’s supporters in everything he says because he needs them to understand the power they wield beyond being the driving force behind a “no to newco” vote.

He added: “If a club fails to listen to its customers then it dies, it’s as simple as that. Without our fans’ full backing Dundee United dies in five or six years.

“We stuck our heads above the parapet when we went public and some other clubs might have to be put under pressure before they will do the same.

“There’s a feeling of anxiety about Sky TV and whether they’ll walk if Rangers aren’t in the SPL next season.

“The new, five-year deal we have with them isn’t signed yet but I’m also looking at the knock-on effects of taking a stance on the newco vote. I spoke to people at Hearts and they’ve noticed an immediate uplift in ticket sales after Vladimir Romanov’s statement that he couldn’t back Rangers’ right to stay in the SPL.

“I’m even looking ahead to the day when we might be thinking in terms of an SPL channel, owned by the supporters and clubs.”

In the meantime, Thompson has the satisfaction of knowing he has listened to the supporters and played fair.

He said: “We simply couldn’t raise season-ticket prices.

“Our ticket is only a couple of pounds more expensive than Dundee’s – and we’re offering the guarantee of SPL football.

“A rise will have to come one day because clubs are having to deal with increases in everything, from electricity to pies, but now is not that time.

“All of these things were buzzing round my head when I went home on Thursday night. Then my mobile had to deal with so many calls that it ran out of power about the same time as I did.

“I sat up until one o’clock and my small son woke up at six o’clock. You have to think about your family at a time like this because you want to protect them.

“But the bottom line is the long-term good of the game and what’s best for your club. And if you had a public vote among every supporter in the country, excluding the Rangers fans, 90 per cent of them would be in favour of United’s decision.”
I don't believe that shite about the Aussie guy btw lying bastard and I hope he has many more sleepless nights in the coming weeks

Hopefully punted in the summer

Have seen absolutely nothing from him that suggests he is even close to being good enough for our squad let alone first 11.

Goals in the lower leagues won’t change my view on that.

Cut him loose

Hopefully punted in the summer

Have seen absolutely nothing from him that suggests he is even close to being good enough for our squad let alone first 11.

Goals in the lower leagues won’t change my view on that.

Cut him loose
Have to agree here.

Cummings and Morelos are a similar age to him and are light years ahead of him. Ryan Hardie will be 21 soon, and really shouldn’t be considered as a young prosepect any longer.

Last edited:
I've only seen him in his sub appearances for us but I haven't seen anything that makes me think we should be keeping him. If he had any qualities that would mark him out as a possible first team regular in the future I'm afraid I haven't seen them.

I don't think he can match Morelos for work rate, team work or pace but I would hedge my bets and predict he is probably the most natural goalscorer at the club and twice the player Herrera is. Whether he could get by without those main attributes and make it at Rangers I do not know. One thing for sure is Graeme Murtys knows the answer more than anyone..

He is faster than Alfie, he is called the Greyhound.

Hardie has no future at Rangers.

Nice guy but just not good enough for us.

His level is at a Livingston or somewhere like that.

They are down to third place 14 points behind st boo and 6 behind Livi.They have 2 games in hand right enough.
They're only 2 points ahead of Morton (in 4th)who have a game in hand and 6 in front of Dunfermline/QoS who have a game in hand.
All in all if they lose both games in hand and chasing pack win there’s Morton leapfrog them and Dunfermline/QoS are only 2 behind.
Hope they fall and keep falling.That is a club I despise as much as the rhats and abergreeen.

Back